Wow, what a lively discussion is going on, on the topic – What are the options, if one fails to qualify NEET 2016 exam? I am sure with such valuable inputs being given here from a varied cross-section of people, students and their parents will find this discussion of immense value in case due to sheer misfortune they find their names out of the reckoning for a medical seat. I thank India Study Channel for coming up with a discussion on such an important topic.
As far as my views are concerned, I will suggest the students not to be disheartened. Not able to qualify the NEET is not the end of the world. Agreed, the medical line is among the most prestigious of careers. There's a noble touch in it. You get to save lives. You get to bring happiness in the faces of your patients and their near and dear ones. But then, in a competitive exam like this, there are lakhs of students with a dream to become a doctor appear for the exam. The seats are however very limited, maybe a few thousands in mumber. Even if 10% (just for assumption) of the students are able to qualify, the remaining 90%, the majority, have to face disappointment and there's no other go. The faster we learn to accept adversities, our failures and our limitations, the faster we are likely to recover from our disappointment. We will then be able to renew our preparations with renewed zeal and give our best shot, the following year.
Students and parents, if you are reading this, let me assure, there's no need to despair if you have not made it this time. There will be opportunities the next year too. If you feel you couldn't do justice to your preparation this year, take heart and prepare with full vigour for the next year. Double or triple your efforts, see to it that nothing is left uncovered. Take help and guidance from your teachers and elders. Challenge yourself to your limits and set daily goals. You will then find marked improvement in your preparations and success will be then within grasping distance of you.
And those of you who have failed for the umpteenth time, I will suggest to get a reality check on your priorities. If becoming a doctor is really your own goal, then there are no two ways, go for it. But, if it is to satisfy parental or society's expectations, then a reality check is all the more necessary. Quite possibly you are not inclined towards this sector. Your priorities may be somewhere else. Your years of efforts preparing for medical exam are commendable. It shows your character, your patience and perseverance. It's not the lack of efforts. It is simply that you are destined to shine in some other field. Perhaps a career in pure sciences is for you. There are so many upcoming opportunities in the field of biological sciences these days. Medical is not the lone field. A great career is awaiting to be made in micro biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, pharmaceuticals, just to name a few. These are no ordinary fields. They are no less than a medical career. You have the potential to become a scientist or a researcher in the chosen field. You will find new cures, new drugs, vaccines, treatment procedures and a lot more. It's the scientists and the researchers who win the Nobel Prizes, not the doctors. By working in these fields, even if you don't win any Nobel Prize, you will have the great satisfaction of having done something for the betterment of mankind. With technology making such an impact on everything, no doubt there's a kind of revolution to be seen in the field of biological sciences in the years to come. The best thing is, you need not to qualify for the NEET to be part of such advances. You need to take the first steps by enrolling into a B.Sc course and the rest will get taken care automatically. A diversion perhaps at this stage will open up new possibilities for you.
And incase, you want to give another try to your medical dreams the next year, then go ahead and give your best without any kind of slackness. Believe me students, success will be then yours.
Patience and perseverance pays