AdSense application best practicesGoogle may not approve your AdSense application for many reasons. Some of the most common reasons are you have not provided sufficient information in your application or you have violated AdSense policies in the past. (Even if your application is approved once, Google may dis approve your AdSense account later, if you violate any of the AdSense policies.)
Tips to avoid disapproval of your AdSense application
The following steps assume that you have used your profile page as your website address in your Google AdSense applciation.
Do not try to cheat or trick Google. It is very important to follow the rules and stick to the AdSense policies.
1. The name you provided in your Google AdSense application must exactly match with the name displayed in your profile page. Edit your profile and use your correct full name.
2. Edit your profile and provide additional information including gender, age group, hobby, employer name, country, state etc. Additional information adds reliability to your profile.
3. Provide a detailed description (atleast 250 words) in your profile so that your profile page will not look empty. Include details like your brief biography, your native place, educational background, college details, hobbies, future plans, what are your future plans & goals in life etc etc. If our English is not reasonably good, take help from someone to your profile profile description.
4. Google allows only 1 AdSense account per person. In case of applications from India, Google generally reject duplicate applications from the same address even though this 'same address rule' is not officially published by Google. So, if another person in the same or similar address have applied for AdSense earlier, it is a good idea to use a different, family relative's address in your Google AdSense application.(Please don't ask 'how do I know if another person from a similar address have already applied ?'. Use your common sense and figure out. For example, if you are using a hostel address, there is a possibility that another person living in the same hostel would have used the same hostel address). Google does not usually care about duplicate applications from same IP Address.
5. Include your original photo in your profile page. You may delete the photo after you get your AdSense approved. (Never use photos of movie stars etc. If you are too concerned about your privacy, it is better NOT to have a photo than having an non-original photo.) Adding photo is not a requirement from Google, but it will create a good impression when reviewers look at your profile.
6. It is a good idea to add your college name under the "Colleges" section in your profile. To do this, go to the colleges section, search for your college and join as a 'student' there.
7. Don't apply for AdSense account as soon as you join this site. Wait at least few months until you have got enough quality content posted by you. Google has a requirement that the site must be at least 6 months old before anyone can apply for AdSense account. In case of applications from ISC, Google has not asked us to enforce this rule. However, we suggest you to wait for 6 months to make sure you are meeting all requirements to get AdSense application approval.
8. ISC allows you to apply for AdSense account as soon as you reach GOLD level. However, this does not mean that you should immediately apply for AdSense as soon as you reach that level. Wait until you post lot of good quality content, have received some prizes from ISC and have established a good credibility in ISC. That will increase your chances of getting your AdSense application approved.
9. If your application is rejected once for no valid reason, then wait few months before you re apply.
10. Edit your profile and include links to your best 5 resources in the profile description. Use the titles of the resources as anchor text in the links. Give a heading something like My recent articles. The idea is to convince Google that you are a great author. So, pick the best ones which are optimized for search engines. When Google review team look at your profile, they should see your best posts first without having to spend much time. Also, by providing quick links to best posts, you may avoid them reaching your not-so-good posts. With a quick look at your profile, they should get the impression that you are smart guy.
11. Remove all custom scripts, counters, poor quality links, smileys, funny pictures, jokes etc from your profile.
12. Google requires that you must be atleast 18 year old before you can apply for AdSense. See details here: https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=14230
So, when you apply for AdSense, if your profile indicates that you are a school student or entry level college student, the AdSense application reviewers may misunderstand that you are below 18 year old. So, make sure you do not provide misleading information in the profile.
Google suggests to have a parent apply for AdSense, if you are below 18 year old. In such cases, the profile should show the applying parent's information.
How to deal with dis approved AdSense applications ?
ISC has no role in approving or rejecting an AdSense application. That is completely at the discretion of Google. There is no use in contacting ISC asking the reason for rejection of an AdSense application.
In case of a dis approval of your AdSense application, you will receive an email from Google explaining why your AdSense application was dis approved. And most probably, the email from Google will include the steps that you have to do to re submit your application.
You have to follow the instructions in that email. After you complete the steps mentioned in the email, you have to login to https://www.google.com/adsense/ and re submit your original application for review. Most probably, Google will approve if you have followed the steps correctly.
Before you resubmit, make sure you have followed the steps mentioned in the top of this page.
If you are still dis approved, you will again receive an email asking you to follow further steps. You must continue the above process a reasonable number of times until the issue is resolved.
Sometimes Google dis approves AdSense account registrations in error or due to mis understanding or for lack of information in your application. In such cases, you may write a mail to Google AdSense team explaining the situation.
Please try to make your email reply to Google as polite as possible and provide as much information as possible. Here is a sample reply to Google for a dis approved account:
I recently joined the Google AdSense API revenue sharing program offered by http://www.IndiaStudyChannel.com. I created a Google AdSense account through IndiaStudyChannel.com and I used my profile page in IndiaStudyChannel as my website while joining this program.
Unfortunately, my AdSense account application was dis approved by Google. I have taken appropriate steps mentioned in your email regarding the dis approval and have re submitted my application for your review.
Kindly look into my re submitted AdSense application and approve if you think I am eligible to participate.
I am excited on joining this AdSense revenue sharing program.
Remember to login to https://www.google.com/adsense/ and re submit your AdSense application for review.
Repeatedly rejected AdSense applications
Sometimes, Google seem to be rejecting AdSense applications with non relevant reasons like:
- Unacceptable site content
- Your site must have been active for atleast 6 months before you apply for AdSense
- You must provide accurate personal information with the application that match the information in your page
In some cases, this reason does not make any sense at all. We have contacted Google several times regarding this, but we haven't received any good response yet. Until we hear something from Google regarding the rejections, we can only suggest to repeatedly try for AdSense account every few months.
How ISC can help you get your AdSense application approved ?
There is nothing much ISC can do to help on this. This is purely between you and Google. Many members find it very difficult to get approval. If your application is rejected, it is better to continue contributing and try again after 2-3 months.
If your application is rejected multiple times even after you post great resources in ISC, you may remove your rejected AdSense
account from your ISC account. Then you can try again to create a fresh AdSense account through ISC with a different email id.
In general, the application process is automated and you will be given instructions when you login to your AdSense account. In case you need to contact Google AdSense team, here is the link for any questions related to Google AdSense account: https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/request.py