Looking for NEET / JEE Coaching? Enquire Now
You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Sixteen Ganesha Shrines found in one temple at Tamilnadu

The number sixteen is normally famous in all respects. Our elders used to bless the youngsters as to "have all sixteen in your life". Here they mean sixteen type of wealth are essential in a life of a person. Sixteen otherwise told as "Shodasa" and is famous for Shodasa lingam.

Now the shodasa Ganapathi shrines we can see in Manimoortheeswaram, a village near Tirunelveli of Tamilnadu. This temple is located at a distance of two kilometers from Tirunelveli. The specialty in this temple is that we can see here 16 Ganapathy shrines in one place.

In this temple the Main deity, Lord Ganesha, gives darshan along with His Devi. It is said that Lord Ganesh has not married any one and He is a brahmachari. It is correct. But we can see here the celestial power - Shakthi as His Devi.

In this temple, we can see different forms of Ganapathy.

This temple is of 500-1000 years old. Address to locate this place is Sri Peria Ganapathi temple, Near New Bypass Road, Tirunelveli - 627001.
    Ramachandran sir, kindly re-post thread again as your contents are going beneath the right side top advertisement and I could not read entire content and appreciate.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Now I can read your post with detail and thanks for the elaborate content given on 16 Lord Ganapathi Idols at one place and surely it is the place to visit and pray.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Thanks to the excellent post of Mr. Pattabiraman, we have come to know about an ancient temple with religious significance. I have come to know that it is located near Tirunelveli in Tamil Nadu.
    "If you are killed in action, you go to Heaven. If you win, you rule this Earth (as beautiful as Heaven). That is why, O son of Kunti, take a firm resolve and fight!"-- Shrimad Bhagwad Gita

• Sign In to post your comments