You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: State Elections

7 phase poll in U P from February 11 to March 8

Assembly polls in Uttar pradesh, Uttarakhand, punjab, manipur and goa will be held between February 4 and March 8, the election commission announced on wednesday. The model code of conduct for the center, the state governments, political parties and their candidates comes into immediate effect. Uttar Pradesh is among the five that go to Assembly polls, which are staggered over six weeks from February 4. The ECI has released a detailed schedule for polling. Totally there are 7 phases and 403 constituencies.
    Goa--Date of Poll 4th Feb Saturday --Phase 1 40 constituencies
    Manipur will be held in two phases with 60 constituencies
    Manipur -- Date of Poll Mar 4th Phase 2 (I) 38 constituencies
    Manipur -- Date of Poll Mar 8th Phase 2 (II) 22 constituencies
    Punjab -- Date of Poll Feb 4th Phase 1 117 constituencies
    Uttarakhand -- Date of Poll Feb 15th Wednesday Phase 70 constituencies
    The counting and result will be carried out on March 11.
    Guess who will win?
    All the main parties should work hard to win this elections as Modi wave is still there and they center plans of Budget session beforehand of the polls, which might swing the results towards the BJP.

As far now with family feud in current ruling Samajwadi Party also will play huge part in the upcoming election results. As current CM Akhilesh Yadav and his father Mulayam Singh Yadav is yet to patch up on their conterversy before this elections, if they really like to win, they have come up over there differences.

Also leader of Bahujan Samaj Party - Mayawati has already rallied against the Modi's Central government governance. And has slewed a list of power misuse after the demonetization and the IT raids.

Mostly i believe BJP has case a to win and Samajwadi Party as ruling party but BSP no chance i guess.

Some times peace is better than being Right!!!

I wonder why there is such a long gap? Why some small states have to wait for long time after polls?
    If this is the state of affairs, I wonder how much time will be taken if the Parliament and state assembly elections are held simultaneously?

We can understand the compulsions on the part of Election Commission to have seven phase polling in UP which considered to be most vulnerable state as far as poll related violence are concerned in the past. And this time the elections are being held with much changed scenario. Note ban, no black money, family feud in SP and above all Kejriwal making more noises in UP. All this add up to the interesting election and please note that the polls for the five states namely UP, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Manipur and Goa is considered to be a mini general election as more than 16 crore people are going to vote for the parties post demonetization and that would endorse whether the voters accepted BJP and the PM Modi's decision on note ban and also have greater impact on the next elections to be held in regular intervals.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments