Some facts on oncoming saraswathi poojaOn twenty eighth of this month we all are going to celebrate the Navaratri final day as pooja for Saraswathi, Goddess for Knowledge and wisdom. some facts we can see below about the Goddess.
1. In the temple of Lord Shiva of Kadalangudi village of Nagapattinam, Tamilnadu we can see the Goddess saraswathi with bangles and anklets.
2. In Srineri of Karnataka, we can see the Goddess saraswathi in a studying student form.
3. In Vedaranyam and Thirukodikka of Tamilnadu we can see the Goddess saraswathi without holding veena in hand as normally we can see the Goddess saraswathi with veena only.
4.In Belur of Karnataka we can see the Goddess saraswathi in the form of dancing posture.
5. In Japan Goddess saraswathi is being worshiped in the name of Ben Ten who is sitting in a dragon and holding sitar in hand.
6. In Indonesia and Pali Islands, there is a system of doing pooja for Books with decoration and the pooja is called as Kalanjan
7. People of Pali Islands strongly believes that one can attain a good wisdom level if he or she worship books on the day of Vijayadasami after having a holy bath in the Tambathsarim tank.
Let all our ISC members be showered with Holy Grace of Goddess saraswathi on the day of Saraswathi pooja and Vijayadasami day.