Cracker of a Diwali: write a chapter for the e-book, win a prize!We now begin the special Diwali e-book as per the chapters assigned to those who registered for the contest.
What you have to do:
1. Submit a chapter in a response in this thread itself, as per the number assigned to you in the entries' invitation thread (link above) of minimum 250 words and maximum 350 words only. No need to give any title to your chapter. You may give one link (not more) to any related internal page of ISC (any section.)
2. The text should be in English only, though you can use traditional Indian words where required. Please do not edit your chapter once submitted as it will create confusion to the next participant if you suddenly change something. You can, though, correct typo errors within a few minutes of submission.
3. The text must contain at least one word related to any aspect of Diwali. The word can be used in the singular/plural form and can even be more than one word (since the name of a Diwali mithai could have two words in it.) Since it is a developing story, it is possible you may need to use the same word already used by a member in one of the previous chapters. In that case, your text should also include another word too selected by you, related to Diwali.
4. There is no need to be hasty in submitting a chapter. Work on it and write it in such a manner that it picks up the story nicely from the previous chapter and enables the next chapter to pick up the story too in an interesting way. You can include conversations/dialogues.
5. You can introduce a new character / give a name to an unnamed character already mentioned. However, please avoid introducing too many characters and needlessly making the plot too convoluted!
6. You can introduce any type of element in the story - romance, humour, mystery, etc. However, do not submit anything indecent and use appropriate language.
Note: As per the chapter number assigned to you, you must submit your text within 24 hours of the time of submission of the previous chapter. If you fail to do so, then the next person in line will take it up. I will assign chapters five at a time. Since I am not online all the time, in case the first lot of five is over and I have not assigned the next lot, please wait for me to do so.
Everyone is requested not to make any comments or give any feedback on any of the chapters submitted by participants. You may do so later, in the winners' announcement thread. In case you do have any query or are confused about the contest, please submit your query only in this thread.
I am submitting the first chapter so as to provide a starting plot and give an idea to the participants on how to submit their entries.
Awards: The three best chapters will each win Rs.150/-. Two further prizes may be given of Rs.100/- each if found worthy of the prize. All participants will also get enhanced points & may be given cash credits too based on the quality of the entry.
Name of the e-book: Cracker of a Diwali. Start writing!