You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Movies

Have you watch the movie "Newton"?

Newton a movie nominated by India for Oscar this year. A movie tells the real scenario of the election in rural India especially as shown in the movie a Naxal affected area, where nobody cares who is the candidate fighting in the election what he will do after winning the election? People don't even know what elections mean to them, what leaders are made for, these people have their one tribal leader and they don't know anything like election outside their community.

It depicts the struggle of a young polling officer who wants to conduct the election in a fair manner but is not aware of the condition of people in the forest of Dandkarnya( a Naxal affected area) Even the military, police all just want their images to be depicted as clean in the media. Nobody cares about fair polling or election.

One should definitely watch this movie. It depicts the really bad condition of our countries election procedures which is neglected by everyone in some areas where there is no literacy.
    It depicts originality of Indian people much different from what other Bollywood movies depicts.
    Being a normal viewer I give 4.5 stars out of 5 if you have watched it already what are your reviews?
    No, I have not watched the film ''Newton''. But I have read the review. It is a different type of film. I also know that this film is nominated for Oscar from India.

I wish the film's director, Amit Masurkar, all the very best.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Yes I have watched the movie. It depicts the scenario of the elections in villages. A committed polling officer who does his duty despite odds.Our country needs such in real life too... Deserves an Oscar.

I have watched the movie. It is not a complete entertainment package but it is a movie with the message. No big stars in the cast but rising star of Bollywood i.e. Rajkumar Rao.

The movie highlights the actual situation of the polling booth in a rural area affected with Naxalites. The young and honest officer single handly tries to conduct the election but army/police do not support him wholeheartedly. The movies throw complete light on existing polling process in the rural area affected with Naxalites.

Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

I have watched the movie. It reflects the conditions in a village, especially during the elections. The movie is good for the people who want to go home with a message after seeing the movie. This movie was nominated for Oscar awards from our country. I think the situation of a remote village which is affected by Naxalites at the time of elections is narrated nicely.
    drrao
    always confident

Well, good theme slightly different from the commercial movies which highlights the polling issues specifically in the naxalite areas.

The movie is depicting the person who is honest to his profession as well as willing to improve the situation but at the same time surprised & confronted by few who are dishonest & waiting for their retirement or doing just for the sake of on records so not looking interested for their duties. The person is surrounded by fake polling & naxalite attack but is lastly shown as fearless making the polling successful.

Although not qualified for the Oscar Nomination but still a good movie.

Not yet seen it, but had heard about this movie doing well in international circles. The narration and an Oscar nominee without big stars? sounds like a movie with a bold theme. Looks like it portrays a difficult but realities of life in a particular area where people and officials just go with the flow and don't want to change things except for one man. If it is going to the Oscar, Best of luck.

Paresh, why have you pulled up this old thread? Please do not pull up threads which are over ten days old. If you like an old thread, then you can raise a fresh thread on the topic with a link to it & bring out some aspect of it not already covered in the earlier thread.

And why have other members replied further?

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.