You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why Modiji is not looking himself these days?

Modiji is habituated to talk in a firm and confident voice whether he is right or wrong. These days he is not looking so confident. His speeches, comments and facial expressions are indicators of this fact. Yesterday I have seen one of his speeches on the TV. He is talking with a blank expression. There is no conviction in his tone. Modiji is making a serious allegation about some of the Congress members. If what the Prime Minister said is true, it is a very serious matter which requires action but not accusations on a public platform. Ever since the Gujarat election campaign started. the speeches and comments made by the Prime Minister are not befitting to the dignity of the post he is holding. Every political party tries it's best to win the elections but this time we have seen an election campaign which is devoid of development of Gujarat. It is only accusations on one another. Whatever be the result, I hope the political parties show some wisdom and think and talk about development.
    Our Prime Minister has stated in an election meeting: "Pakistan Army's former DG is interfering in Gujarat's election, on the other side, Pakistan's people are holding a meeting at Mani Shankar Aiyar's house. And, after that meeting, people of Gujarat, backward communities, poor people and Modi were insulted. Don't you think such events raise doubts?" He further stated that the Congress should inform the people of the country what exactly it was up to. [This is as per the newspaper report.]

I think Mr. Modi is deeply pained by the attitude of some top opposition leaders of the country. Because of their pathological hatred towards our Prime Minister, they don't hesitate even to conspire with our enemy country.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Modiji is feeling jittery; true. It is again true that he is not that confident or convincing as he used to be. It is no surprise because he is not addressing NRIs abroad or the people of a state where the BJP is yet to make any inroads; he is addressing the people to whom the BJP has promised a lot during the last fifteen years or so and has delivered too little. Modi is not in a position to face them with the same confidence that he exhibits elsewhere.

Partha, why should Modiji be pained? He is the Prime Minister of this country and if he genuinely feels, and has evidence, that there is a conspiracy between the Congress and Pakistan against him and his regime, he should not hesitate to order a top-level inquiry into the matter and bring out facts and initiate action to punish the culprits. This is not a political matter but something concerning the national security. We are all worried about the revelations made by none other than the Prime Minister himself and would like to know the truth. The Prime Minister will not and cannot do so because he is simply trying to connect dots which won't give any picture.

He is at his political best (or should I say dramatic best) because winning the Gujarat election is a matter of pride for him and for his party as well. Modi and team can go to any level to try and establish a connection with the masses. I hope the people of Gujarat are more enlightened by now.

'He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.'- Elbert Hubbard.

"The Prime Minister will not and cannot do so because he is simply trying to connect dots which won't give any picture. "-Mr. Saji Ganesh does have inside information that the Indian establishment has not been doing anything in this regard! He has the inside information which common people don't possess. We only know what Mr. Aiyar said in Pakistan is available in the public domain.
    " I hope the people of Gujarat are more enlightened by now."-I fully agree. The voters of Gujarat are more enlightened and intelligent to understand the ability and quality of the alternative (opposition) and who support this opposition.

Our PM is not that energetic these days. Especially in his speeches in Gujarat, his own self is not visible. Up to this, I am of the same opinion. But the reasons for this may be different. There may be many reasons and the individuals will have their own understanding. The revelations made by PM may be true. The person at the highest level will not and should not make a baseless allegation like other common men. So We have to think about that also. It is the responsibility of the Government to inquire into such instances and get the truth and take action deemed fit. He can't just say this to get votes. So I feel they will do it. Let us wait and watch. The voters are very wise and they are watching the entire show by both the ruling party and the opposition party. A part of the election is over and another people might have been made their mind in this regard. The enlighted voters will definitely wise enough to use their power in a proper way. They will give answers to all our questions.
    drrao
    always confident

Dr Rao, I would have agreed with you if the issue was with any other PM. But, it is totally different with Sri Modi who is yet to come out of his Gujarat CM shell and being a Hindutva proponent. I am not being partisan but am surely of the opinion that we need to assess facts as it is, keeping aside our affiliations, if we are to remain as responsible citizens of this Nation. If you think that he cannot, as the Prime Minister of India, make such allegations without any base, I am sorry that you have placed him on a very high pedestal of which he is not worth. Let him use his office and prove it otherwise because, as I said earlier, it is a matter concerning national security and integrity. I think one should read well and be broadminded instead of sticking on to cliches which have almost become time-barred now.
    'He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.'- Elbert Hubbard.

Is PM Modi tired of being PM?
    All ground works such as Demonetization, implementation of GST etc are over.
    Now it is the time for action…
    We need Big Bang reforms in all sectors. Bullet trains, Railway modernization, Metro/mono rail systems, Power plants, Refineries, Highways, Airports, etc …We need all infrastructure facilities. What about make in India? Govt should start spending. Then only private investment will picks up.
    This is not the time to sleep.
    Where we are lagging? Why economy is not roaring…?
    Members, what you want to say?

I love chocolates and ice creams!

Let me state the truth, which may hurt some people (not all).

Whether the PM looks tired or not, despite playing all tricks by the opposition some of which are extremely dirty, BJP is going to win Gujarat Assembly election. Even the certified anti-BJP journalists have started admitting this. But we have to wait till 18th of this month.

However, this election has amply proved how much some of the opposition leaders are preparing to go to defeat the ruling party, because of their pathological hatred to the Prime Minister.

Partha at #618880, you have, as usual, chosen to take a diversion to avoid being confronted. Winning or losing the Gujarat election is not the question here and it is almost immaterial. The question is whether he is as confident as he used to be (abroad and in other places) while facing his own men in his home ground and also whether he can stand by and substantiate the serious allegations he has made against the Congress for the sake of votes. Please do not put up points and keep wavering; argue with substance if you can. You need to have a stand. One need not be an insider to express a view; the only thing required is to keep your eyes and ears open- Yes, I mean open.

I simply don't know whether the Prime Minister is tired or not. I don't know whether he is confident or not. At the same time, I also don't know whether the pathological Modi-haters' interpretation can be trusted, or not.

Our PM definitely looks tired and visibly different from the previous shows we had, the last being in Hyderabad. The speeches and comments as we seen in the newspapers have changed especially after the 'n----' comment from Mr.Aiyar. He has countered this with an entirely different tone and language that we are not used to (supari being offered on his head etc). These are serious allegations made on the national stage by a PM of the country. Such statements would not be made without some truth in it. Maybe it is the stress of the elections, maybe the doubts on the BJP performance. It could even be a go for the kill strategy developed by his management team. As we discussed earlier, politics is a high stake game and this Gujarat campaign is more than that. Every party and it's future image depends on the results. Maybe these speeches are written with an accusatory tone and he has to speak in the interests of the party even if doesn't befit him. Let's see the results. It may just be the simple case of
    the stress of an election campaign and hope he would be back to normal soon.

NDA government came at the centre only because of Modi's leadership and his campaign in last general elections.So a situation is created that the BJP/NDA government at the centre is equated to Modi. Thus BJP/NDA fights the elections with the only plank of Modi government's( meaning Modi's) achievements or what he has done to the people and the country.

Hence, if the elections give a bad result, only Modi will get the bad name. It will be taken as his failure. All the more, because he was the former CM of Gujarat and it was from there he came to centre. He always cites the Gujarat model development.That is the reason, Modi works overtime cam Experienced political leader scan easily judge the people minds and moods. Modi's reading of the [people's mind would be giving him a signal that to get a good result he has to work hard.
    It is only a matter of a few days. Once the campaign deadline is over, he can take rest and be refreshed.

Except for those blind followers who turn a blind eye towards the happenings in the Gujarat campaign, everything is clear. Modiji is rattled. His speeches and comments show this. They are trying every trick to win the elections. As there is nothing to speak about any development in Gujarat during the fifteen and odd years, they are resorting to accusations. They are trying the communal card also by releasing posters of RAM vs HAJ as per the newspaper reports. RAM means Rupani, Amit Shah, and Modi. HAJ means Hardik Patel, Alpesh Thakor, and Jignesh Mewani. Now they have introduced the Pakistan element into the elections. This is what they have done in Bihar elections also. The results are a different matter. There is nothing for Congress to lose. It is for the BJP to prove themselves of the boastings they made. They did not leave any Congress leader from accusing starting from Nehru, Indira Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi. Whether the BJP wins or loses, they lost their credibility.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Well I am closely watching the developments in Gujarat and it was frustration from the Congress side which makes their leaders to let loose their tongue and face the tune. If Mani Shankar Iyer was right abusing the PM with those dirty comment. then why Rahul Gandhi removed him from the party. That means the matter is serious and that become advantage for the PM to dig the past mistakes of Congress and now he squarely accuse that Pakistan is being involved to destabilise winning of BJP in Gujarat and there by weaken the PM himself to slow down and ultimately the voice to remove him or replace him takes significance. And today a fresh allegation was done against the Congress that they have managed to have a fake survey to project Congress winning and BJP loosing and that too when the election process were on. So surely there is a frustration among Congress who are bound to loose.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

During afternoon, our Lead Editor rebuked me for talking about Gujarat election. He opined that this thread is not about Gujarat election. Now I notice that all subsequent responses discuss about Gujarat election.

So, the Lead Editor may kindly intimate why I was rebuked by him (#618883). Was it because of the fact that my opinion is not palatable to him?

Why don't we discuss the body language of Mr. Modi in this thread?

Rebuked? Partha, I hope you know that members read through the responses before coming to a conclusion. Did I say that we should not discuss Gujarat election? I said more than that; you did not (or did not want to) see it through.

Nothing doing! The dirty linen is being washed in public. Meeting at the residence of Aiyar and the list of invitees are known to all. Chidambaram's old photo with another great terrorist is being circulated. People are getting enlightened everyday about the agneda of liberals.

The list of all invitees at Manishankar Aiyars house is known to all. Is it a secret meeting? No. The Government knows about it too.

"Chidambaram's old photo with another great terrorist is being circulated." I hope you are not alluding to Chidambaram as a terrorist.

The dirty tricks of the BJP are now public. The Prime Minister in an election rally said that Manishankar Aiyar gave"Supari" in Pakistan to remove Modiji from the way. If it is true and if there is proof of it, Manishankar Aiyar should be immediately arrested for such an act. This is not an accusation to be made at an election rally and then keep quiet.

Modiji also said that a conspiracy is being hatched by a set of people from the former Government. This also a serious matter which needs investigation and action but not an accusation in an election rally. Modiji instead of making such wild allegations should have gone the proper way by an investigation. May God bless India.

" Be Good and Do Good "

It is indeed a pleasing moment for the Congress and blind supporter of Congress Party after all since long time they were in dry face. So, let them have some enjoyable moment for Modi haters or say Hindu haters.

However, Some news channel say against Modi some channel talk with Modi as far as Gujrat election is concerned. We are not in that state so talking anything about Election just based on news channel is just not justifiable.

It is not hidden that what Gujrat is now it is because of MODI and not Congress party. We have had enough experience of congress in different state and in centre for long-long time but what result we had got is in front of everyone. We should not also forget that it was the weak government and weak decision they become a regional party from Number one.

Just having Hardik patel in their side if Congress think they will win the election, I think it is just a biggest foolishness. Gujrat people know it better and I don't think the weak Prince can make any big difference in coming election.

"The list of all invitees at Manishankar Aiyars house is known to all. Is it a secret meeting? No. The Government knows about it too."-As far as I know, Congress first declined that there was a meeting. Furthermore, MEA was formally not informed.

""Chidambaram's old photo with another great terrorist is being circulated." I hope you are not alluding to Chidambaram as a terrorist. "- I was only talking about a photograph which has been seen in the social media.

May God save India from the hands of the conspirators.

The Congress never declined about the meeting and dinner which took place at Manishankar Aiyars house in Delhi. It is a private meeting which need not be informed to the Minister of External Affairs. The invitees included former Army chief Deepak Kapoor, former foreign minister K Natwar Singh, and former diplomats Salman Haidar, TCA Raghavan, Sharat Sabharwal, K Shankar Bajpai and Chinmaya Gharekhan, among others. Bajpai, Raghavan, and Sabharwal had served as Indian High Commissioners to Pakistan. Former PM Manmohan Singh and former vice-president Hamid Ansari were also present at the dinner. The meeting was held during the visit of Khurshid Muhammad Kasuri who is a former Foreign Affairs Minister of Pakistan.
    Regarding Mr. Chidambaram, the way you wrote, it gives the doubt which was expressed by me. I always wish India to be saved from the conspirators whoever they might be.

" Be Good and Do Good "

Such meetings are always bound to arouse suspicion especially around election times. Three of the guests have stated that Elections were not discussed, only Indo-Pak relationships were discussed. These are testing times where everyone is closely watched by the opposite number for any lapse of judgement that can be used by the opponents in their favor. I don't know what the rules are regarding informing MEA about such meetings. Incidentally, recently a British minister Priti Patel was made to resign for not disclosing her meeting with Israeli officials during a holiday

@ Natarajan:
    The election is for the Gujarat State Assembly. The meeting took place in Delhi. It was private meeting cum dinner at Manishankar Aiyars house in Delhi. Mr. Kasuri participated in public functions next day. If you keenly observe the guest list you will find that they are all prominent people who served the country at various levels. The accusation by Modiji that they are conspiring is ridiculous. There should be a limit for anyone to support such wild accusations.

Get your facts correct. Mrs . Priti Patel was serving as International Development Secretary in Theresa May cabinet. She was forced to resign as she did not inform her unauthorized meetings with Israeli officials during her private holiday in Israel during August 2017 and during her work in September 2017. She was serving in the Government during those meetings. Here at Delhi, there was no such situation.

" Be Good and Do Good "

Despite the election is being held in Gujarat, a retired Lt. General of Pakistani Army from Islamabad/Rawalpindi has desired that Ahmed Patel should becom the next Chief Minister of Gujarat. Who knows why?

sorry for deviating from the thread @KVRR
    I honestly don't mind which ever party wins as long as there is no foreign interference. Both of us are not privy to the truth of what happened at the meeting. I hope I'm wrong about the suspicious timing of the meeting but Mr. Aiyar is known for his controversial stance and remarks, he was the first consul-general in Karachi (78-82), he has mentioned about the PM to be removed to facilitate talks between India-Pakistan(2015), he has justified Paris attacks as a response for France banning the Hijab. All this would be used by the opposite party to make statements. It would be better if we know the truth in a few weeks time after the elections.

Partha at #619015, would it be more damaging than Trump calling Modi as the best Prime Minister India had? I doubt.

Krushchev could call Nehru a great Prime Minister. No problem. Brezhnev could call Indira Gandhi a great Prime Minister. No problem. Dr. Manmohan Singh could be called a peace-loving Prime Minister by Nawaz Sharif. No problem.

Problem arises only when Modi is called a great Prime Minister. And the educated people who always swear by democracy must not forget that Trump has been democratically elected by the Americans. His policy (which he announced before the election) was liked by them.

Unlike other Prime Ministers, Modi has a different angle and we need to be careful. Let us not be blind to facts. The Indian Prime Minister doesn't mind going to any extent to prove himself (as he is used to).

"The Indian Prime Minister doesn't mind going to any extent to prove himself"-Precisely that is the thing Indian people want. They are now totally disgusted by dilly-dallying, indecisive attitude of the political leaders from the other camp and corruption of astronomical proportion. Over and above, the appeasement and caste politics of those leaders force common people to stand solidly behind Modi.

This thread will continue like a TV Serial if it is not locked. I request the editors to lock this thread as it is moving away from the main topic.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

• Sign In to post your comments