You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Creative Writing

Let us write an alphabetical 24 sentence creative story

Members,
    This is an interesting creative story writing practice to enhance our English. The story will have 24 sentences, omitting alphabets X and Z. Each sentence will start with the alphabets in order.
    (E.g. Anand was........(.)Before he.........(.) Coming to.....(.) Despite his.........(.)
    Each member has to write only one sentence commencing with the appropriate alphabet in turn. It should be a story. Members can join and write repeatedly, but only one sentence in a response.

The first alphabet A will be posted by me in this thread's first response. Members to continue with B ..C...D and so on.
    Members,
    The story starts:

"All ISCians including the Web Masters, Managing Editor and Editors went on a picnic to Ooty on 12th December 2017."

No life without Sun

Before starting the journey to Ooty on a picnic, a two-day programme has been chalked out by the Organisers.
    drrao
    always confident

Chitra, a dedicated member of ISC was chosen by all unanimously to be in charge of the places to visit in and around Ooty for the two day program.

Despite being selected unanimously, Ms. Chitra declined the offer due to personal reasons.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Enthusiastic Partha Kansabanik volunteered himself to be in charge of the picnic, and it was welcomed whole heartedly by all the ISCian, and Partha said that he was in Ooty for three years working as a research scholar on the tribes of the hills..
    No life without Sun

Further it is left to the discretion of the respective members whether to consider the tour to Ooty as some members from North would be interested and from South may not be.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Given, that India is known for its unity in face of diversity, the entire group decided to follow Mr.Partha's suggestions as the tour organizer to see all the good places in Oooty and have a memorable holiday.

Holidays are fun, and to miss out a place like ooty would be a bad idea. So I contacted the organiser and asked him to add my name along with the members of ISC.

Immediately a call came from my home to rush back, that made me to cancel the trip on the way and that was really disturbing to me.
    K Mohan

Just after cancelling the trip, I caught the next return train home anxious to know what the problem was and after a prayer to God that all be well, I called my son to ask what exactly was the issue as no one gave me any details with the first phone call.

Knowing the issue from my son made me relieved from the anxiety, as the issue is something related to my office for which I have no connection but I have to attend the meeting without fail.
    drrao
    always confident

Lots of commotion in the meeting. It was complained that the main file on important meeting agenda was missing and the Boss was furious on every employee.
    K Mohan

Most of the important files will be with the Personnel Assistant of the boss only and he will be responsible for maintaining all files and he should have a track of moment of the important files by maintaining a record with the receiver's signature.
    drrao
    always confident

Nothing goes as per the protocol in the office, the personal assistant had sent the file with modifications of the agenda to the corporate governance head and forgot to collect it back, so the meeting was postponed and I had wasted my trip.

Of course, sometimes it happens as it known as slip between the hand and the tongue, and I lost an enthusiastic picnic and I am eager to know how the trip went off.
    drrao
    always confident

Peeved over the irresponsible behaviour of the PA, the management was so furious that it wanted him to keep the papers and get out of the company. Unable to withstand the humiliation, he collapses.
    K Mohan

Quietly I brought him back to senses by splashing water in his eyes and head and asked him to leave the office without any fuss.

Receiving my words positively, the PA agreed and walked out of the office without creating any fuss there, still, we are all not able to come to terms with the sudden development
    drrao
    always confident

Saji Ganesh , the editor of ISC was surprised to see the events taking a different turn while he was preparing to assist Partha for the ISC picnic, and he asked Partha about his plan of action to conduct a great memorable ISC picnic .

@ From the Author's table:
    The story has gone haywire starting from the response 619054 and thereafter. I am putting it on the right track . Let the story look like a general story, not personal story.
    The story will be continued with a second and third circle from after completion of the present circle. e.g
    a,b,c.............y, a,b,c,.........y......a, b, c.............y until the thread becomes ten days old.

No life without Sun

To meet the requirements of both the North and South ISCians, Tony John, the WM of ISC suddenly announced that the picnic would be to one of the famous beach in Goa, and not to Ooty, and requested Mr. Partha to plan it accordingly.
    No life without Sun

Unfinished works of Partha left a little time for him to complete the task but with the enthusiasm, he got with the change in the venue he started working with more zeal and trying to complete the details.
    drrao
    always confident

Venkiteswaran sir, who had been to Goa a few years ago was delighted to offer his Guidance to Partha as he was busy and advised him about a well known hotel that was safe for families and had a good Goa day tours organised by themselves right from the hotel's door step which would be convenient for all the ISCians and their families.

Well, now everything is set and things are moving in the fast phase and Partha can make an exciting itinerary for the tour and everybody who joins will make a lot of fun out of it.
    drrao
    always confident

Yes, with guidance from Mr. Venkiteswaran and co-operation from every other Member of ISC, the picnic was ultimately organised at Miramar beach of Goa.

Zestfully, the entire ISC family set off to Miramar beach of Goa and had a wonderful much needed holiday to recharge themselves and know each other well; the fun-filled holiday, songs, games and the good times had at the holiday are worthy of another story, perhaps some other time, The End.

Members,
    The story writing went on well from A to Z leaving X. Natarajan concluded the story with The End.

Next A to Z story to follow:
    Title: The mystery at Miramer of Goa.

Members, Let us put in our best efforts to create the next A to Z interesting story. Any member can start it with 'A" and other members can follow with B C D.................in their order

No life without Sun

Sorry SuN, I thought I'm Z and it' the conclusion. I feel, if we try and stick the main title and more importantly have a realistic continuation from the previous sentence, it would be more realistic

Natarajan,
    Good. We can continue our picnic at Miramer beach . Please go ahead with your 'A' to continue with the realistic.

No life without Sun

The second round of the story continues from A.

"All ISCians present at the said venue in Miramer beach, hugged, shook hands and introduced themselves as to who they are.

No life without Sun

Mr. SuN: I suggest that the next round may start in a fresh Forum post. This post has become very long.

Before they could all break up and go to their rooms, they had a much needed welcome drink of coffee,tea and fresh juice with mouth watering snacks of vegetarian and non-vegetarian party food.

Partha,
    The story can be continued here itself. However, it should conclude with this second round.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Cuddling, shaking hands continued as most of old members were over joyed to see their old colleague and friends and they kept on inquiring about personal matters, while young and new ISC members went to beach.
    K Mohan

Delivering the welcome address, the Managing Editor asked the present Members to be comfortable, enjoy the warm sunlight of the beach and hospitality offered by the Wemasters.

Everyone formed their own little groups, with some going off on the free boat rides and others getting together to build sandcastles to relive their childhood days but most made a beeline for the food counters set up under large shady umbrellas.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Further, some persons are thinking whether to wait in the queue for the food or to sit together and play cards until the queue is exhausted and finally decided to have fun with the cards.
    drrao
    always confident

Gearing up to swim at sea, a group of swimmers wore their swimming slips/costumes and got into the water, not knowing the depth of the sea in that area.
    No life without Sun

Having gone into water, the real commotion started as some of them pretended to be swimmers who ventured into sea got tangled and shouted for help and here were no life jackets too ?
    K Mohan

In a hurry to provide help to the suffers, a boat with good swimmers gone into the sea and helped the people who are in problem and see that they all will reach the shore safely and the Organisers felt relieved with the safe return of the people.
    drrao
    always confident

Just then Partha entered into the scene, he dived into the sea and, as an experienced swimmer, started rescuing the Members one by one by skillfully negotiating waves after waves.

Knowing that all the members were safely rescued by Partha and the other people, the ISC group returned back to the beach resort as the sun was setting, the members were in store for a memorable sunset.

Leaning on the sofas and sitting on the chair, some members started enjoying soft music played there. Some were eagerly waiting for the ball room to be opened to have blast.
    K Mohan

Melody King Jeets of ISC took out his violin and started singing his famous song "Despacito", and the whole people in the Miramer beach got into the resort to enjoy his music, any many started dancing.
    No life without Sun

Just making a light-hearted point here - Partha - when Dr. Rao mentioned that all had been taken to shore safely, there was no need to show your swimming prowess!!

K Mohan - you put in two sentences, not one.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Continuing the story -
    Mesmerising Indian traditional music drew everyone like a magnet through the opened doors of the huge ballroom, twinkling lights from magnificent chandeliers throwing a soft light all around, creating a charming ambience for a wonderful party.

Yes, Madam! You are correct. This proves that I didn't read the sentence properly. After writing my sentence, I found my mistake, but didn't correct it. You are the only one who have found my mistake.

Is ''Despacito'' a traditional music? I don't know.

Sun & I posted a response within a minute of each other. Somebody continue now with the alphabet 'N'.

Notwithstanding the swimming debacle and beautiful music, some Members continued showing their special ability in eating and drinking (of course, soft drinks)!

Old ISCian Partha and Sun joined together, parted from the group, and went to taste some famous Goa drinks in a special room "Heaven on this earth"
    No life without Sun

Partha ordered Feni and Port-wine, while Mr. SuN settled with King's Beer.

Quietly, with her usual calm demeanour, the Managing Editor gently informed Partha & Sun that this was a party where it was highly inappropriate to have such drinks and, in fact, the catering service management had been clearly instructed not to make available beverages other than soft drinks, fruit juices and tea/coffee.

Robin Fernandes, the manager of the "Heaven on the Earth", was peeved and he intimated the Managing Editor that in Goa, Feni, Port-Wine and beer are considered harmless soft drinks.

Sun said,"Madam Vandana, Will it not be a sin if we leave Goa without tasting the Feni, the holy drink of this lovely land, and if you don't mind, you too can taste the drink of this land."
    No life without Sun

Taking in the advise given by Mr.SuN, most agreed that yes Feni is not a bad drink and since we are in Goa, why miss the Golden Chance of not tasting the original Feni and had a glass of this wonderful drink.

under pressure, conceding the members request the Managing Editor informed that interested can have a glass of Feni, but nobody should not go beyond one glass and nobody should force others to have the drink and left for her lunch.
    drrao
    always confident

Venkiteswaran opined that though variety is the spice of life, as the trip has families- with small children too- let us have prudence and use our discretion diligently.

Vandana, after her lunch returned to the bar room to see the conditions of her members taking drinks, and found Partha and Sun still continuing their drinks, and scolded,"Partha, You are irresponsible as the in-charge of ISC picnic party, and I never expected this."

@ Two Vs clashed. Follow the latest V.

No life without Sun

"Worried, she is very worried. But she doesn't know me. How can two bottles of Feni affect my performance?'': muttering this, Partha got up went to the beach, assembled other Members, and promptly arranged a snorkeling party.

Xandra and Xavier, the twins who managed the snorkelling services at the beach, had readied the requisite equipment for those interested in the underwater sport, but Partha and Sun were not allowed to join as both were suspended from any further activities & summarily sent back home for breaking the strict party drinking rules & encouraging others, too, to do so.

"Yes, they are rightly served"-some Members thought, but Xandra and Xaviers ultimately refused to provide their services, because no other Member (except Partha) was expert swimmer.

Zap! In one shot, the entire party was spoiled, all because a couple of errant members did not follow the rules, which conveyed the moral of the lesson: select members as event managers with care!!

Zigzagging SuN after consuming more and more Feni came to the Managing Editor and the members, and said,"Bye Everyone. Bye all. It was an excellent picnic. Good day."

@ THE END.

No life without Sun

From the Author's table

Dear fellow ISCian,
    The A to Z creative story went on well with the good creative thoughts of the intelligent members of ISC. Members may post their views and comments.

@ Editors, Let this thread live for another 24 hours to enable members to post their views and comments. This thread may be locked at 1200 hrs IST on 17th December 2017.

No life without Sun

Nice for the first time we had such a exclusive and detailed participation from the members and pat for Sun.
    K Mohan

The story in a single view:
    "All ISCians present at the said venue in Miramer beach, hugged, shook hands and introduced themselves as to who they are. Before they could all break up and go to their rooms, they had a much needed welcome drink of coffee,tea and fresh juice with mouth watering snacks of vegetarian and non-vegetarian party food. Cuddling, shaking hands continued as most of old members were over joyed to see their old colleague and friends and they kept on inquiring about personal matters, while young and new ISC members went to beach. Delivering the welcome address, the Managing Editor asked the present Members to be comfortable, enjoy the warm sunlight of the beach and hospitality offered by the Wemasters.

Everyone formed their own little groups, with some going off on the free boat rides and others getting together to build sandcastles to relive their childhood days but most made a beeline for the food counters set up under large shady umbrellas. Further, some persons are thinking whether to wait in the queue for the food or to sit together and play cards until the queue is exhausted and finally decided to have fun with the cards. Gearing up to swim at sea, a group of swimmers wore their swimming slips/costumes and got into the water, not knowing the depth of the sea in that area. Having gone into water, the real commotion started as some of them pretended to be swimmers who ventured into sea got tangled and shouted for help and here were no life jackets too ? In a hurry to provide help to the suffers, a boat with good swimmers gone into the sea and helped the people who are in problem and see that they all will reach the shore safely and the Organisers felt relieved with the safe return of the people. Just then Partha entered into the scene, he dived into the sea and, as an experienced swimmer, started rescuing the Members one by one by skillfully negotiating waves after waves.

Knowing that all the members were safely rescued by Partha and the other people, the ISC group returned back to the beach resort as the sun was setting, the members were in store for a memorable sunset. Leaning on the sofas and sitting on the chair, some members started enjoying soft music played there. Some were eagerly waiting for the ball room to be opened to have blast. Melody King Jeets of ISC took out his violin and started singing his famous song "Despacito", and the whole people in the Miramer beach got into the resort to enjoy his music, any many started dancing, and the mesmerising Indian traditional music drew everyone like a magnet through the opened doors of the huge ballroom, twinkling lights from magnificent chandeliers throwing a soft light all around, creating a charming ambience for a wonderful party.. Notwithstanding the swimming debacle and beautiful music, some Members continued showing their special ability in eating and drinking (of course, soft drinks)!

Old ISCian Partha and Sun joined together, parted from the group, and went to taste some famous Goa drinks in a special room "Heaven on this earth". Partha ordered Feni and Port-wine, while Mr. SuN settled with King's Beer. Quietly, with her usual calm demeanour, the Managing Editor gently informed Partha & Sun that this was a party where it was highly inappropriate to have such drinks and, in fact, the catering service management had been clearly instructed not to make available beverages other than soft drinks, fruit juices and tea/coffee. Robin Fernandes, the manager of the "Heaven on the Earth", was peeved and he intimated the Managing Editor that in Goa, Feni, Port-Wine and beer are considered harmless soft drinks. Sun said,"Madam Vandana, Will it not be a sin if we leave Goa without tasting the Feni, the holy drink of this lovely land, and if you don't mind, you too can taste the drink of this land."

Taking in the advise given by Mr.SuN, most agreed that yes Feni is not a bad drink and since we are in Goa, why miss the Golden Chance of not tasting the original Feni and had a glass of this wonderful drink. under pressure, conceding the members request the Managing Editor informed that interested can have a glass of Feni, but nobody should not go beyond one glass and nobody should force others to have the drink and left for her lunch. Venkiteswaran opined that though variety is the spice of life, as the trip has families- with small children too- let us have prudence and use our discretion diligently, and Vandana after her lunch returned to the bar room to see the conditions of her members taking drinks, and found Partha and Sun still continuing their drinks, and scolded,"Partha, You are irresponsible as the in-charge of ISC picnic party, and I never expected this."

"Worried, she is very worried. But she doesn't know me. How can two bottles of Feni affect my performance?'': muttering this, Partha got up went to the beach, assembled other Members, and promptly arranged a snorkeling party. Xandra and Xavier, the twins who managed the snorkelling services at the beach, had readied the requisite equipment for those interested in the underwater sport, but Partha and Sun were not allowed to join as both were suspended from any further activities & summarily sent back home for breaking the strict party drinking rules & encouraging others, too, to do so. "Yes, they are rightly served"-some Members thought, but Xandra and Xaviers ultimately refused to provide their services, because no other Member (except Partha) was expert swimmer. Zap! In one shot, the entire party was spoiled, all because a couple of errant members did not follow the rules, which conveyed the moral of the lesson: select members as event managers with care, and zigzagging SuN after consuming more and more Feni came to the Managing Editor and the members, and said,"Bye Everyone. Bye all. It was an excellent picnic. Good day."
    The End.

No life without Sun

I thoroughly enjoyed it Mr.SuN, it's similar to a one mark question in an answer paper vs an essay question. It is, not time-consuming, we don't have to format and type a paragraph. In a couple of minutes, once we follow the previous replies, we can generate a one-liner post and come off. I think the hidden challenge is to get the first word correct and keep the flow reasonably intact and not sounding it disjointed. Maybe you can put this up as an article. An ISC day out or something.

I enjoyed writing some sentences in this interesting contest. The flow of the second story is certainly much better than that of the first story.

While the activity was certainly enjoyable, I would like to mention that it would be good not to bring in drinking and tipsy characters into the story. It is definitely not necessary. And, contrary to #619456, the Managing Editor would certainly NOT concede to any such request. Any ISC meet/party, even if just a fictional story, should be organized with proper decorum with nothing to blot the image of ISC. Consider me a spoilsport if you will, but that's my frank view!

Vandana,
    It is a story and the characters. Goa means Feni, and Feni means Goa. Certainly a function organised in Goa will involve liquor and drinking. It will not be funny at goa without feni. We need to write accordingly for joy and entertainment. The ME is serious and doesn't like drinks. The story is not for ME. I do not know about the Web Masters of ISC, whether they like drinks or hate drinks. I hope they do drink. Moreover, the in- charge of the picnic was Mr. Partha who enjoys the drink. In that case, we should not have nominated him as OIC picnic party. Even black buster, box office hit films have such drinking and tipsy characters.

I am sure, ISC will never organise any meet or picnic or tour for entertainment and joy, and we need not think and worry about drinks.

No life without Sun

I enjoyed the contest. Because this is a story which is imaginary and not to really happen. So we have used the names. I feel hereafter let us not use the names of the members in stories which are imaginary. I feel sorry if my sentence hurt the feelings of the Managing Editor. For the information of learned members of ISC, I say so far in my life I have not tasted a cigar or a peg of hot drink. I had been to Goa many times on official work and I never touched Feni.
    Anyhow the story went off very well with the participation of many members. Further, we will look forward similar concepts in this forum section. Sun already announced another contest. We will wait and see the response for that also.

drrao
    always confident

In our life, we should learn each and everything. In Tamil, there is a saying " Kalavum Karru Mara" means - Even learn the art of stealing and forget it. Smoking and drinking is not a bad habit. 90 percent of the public practice it in their life. According to epics, even Lord Shiva smokes and drinks. Soma Bhaan is a heavenly drink. We may not take drinks or smoke cigarettes in our real life. Can't we read and write about cigars and drinks on paper? Are we so clean and perfect to avoid drinks and smokes at ISC. Ladies generally don't drink or smoke. But the gents does it. Hence, ISC ladies may avoid writing about drinks and smokes, but should not insist ISC men to avoid writing about drinks and smokes, especially in stories.
    No life without Sun

"Smoking and drinking is not a bad habit." I beg to differ. Smoking definitely is. Alcohol consumption is also not really a good habit.

It is fine to discuss such bad habits when having a general discussion & we've had these earlier on more than one occasion. Bringing it into a fun activity is not really acceptable; and why bring the gender aspect into it?

Vandana,
    Anything that remains within limit is a good habit. When it exceeds beyond the acceptable limit, it is a bad habit. Even eating is a bad habit, I mean over eating. Overdoing anything is a bad habit. If drinking and smoking is considered as a bad habit, government would have sealed the liquor shops and cigarette- beedi manufacturing factories

It is proved that men taking liquor daily in small quantity live long beyond 90. And also, a cigarette a day keeps us away from constipation. Thus I am not promoting drinking and smoking, but telling the fact about drinks and smoke.

@ Important Note: I haven't said that drinking and smoking is a good habit. I only said drinking and smoking is not a bad habit.

No life without Sun

Is there any comment to my last comment?
    No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.