You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Have your ever said this to anyone in your life?

Members,
    "Sukh me Dhuk me, Achi aur buri vakth me, Jeene me aur marne me, Meri saath Rahoge?"

This is a good emotional dialogue between two persons. It could be between the lovers, between the couple, between friends.

Have you ever had an occasion to utter this dialogue to your lover or spouse or friend?

@ Update: Word Thuk edited as Dhuk.
    "…to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death does us part. I will love you and honour you all the days of my life." This is part of the Christian wedding ceremonies. Yes, I have said these words to the man I married.

Note: The word should be 'dukh' not 'thuk'. 'Dukh' would mean in sad times (for worse) but 'thuk' means to spit.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak." -Michael Garrett Marino

These words are generally uttered when the marriage ceremony takes place. That is when pheres take place. It is generally asked by the bridegroom to the bride. And the two agree to it. Later it is generally forgotten...

I feel there should not be an occasion to say these words.. There should be mutual understanding and respect for each other. If the couple has a strong bonding with each other, it is not necessary to say anything.

Yes but the words sukk mein ..in happiness.. Dhuk me in, in sadness, acche aur bure vakt.. In good and bad time.... Will you support me, mean a lot in one's life. Our life is not steady, it is full of ups and downs, it is only the close ones who are expected to be with us in good or bad times.

Those who are in love and does not have the confidence in each other may spell those above words. But those who really care and love sincerely does not give such assurance.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I do not agree with Mohan. People say these words out of true love. There are people who think if not live together, at least we will die together. There is nothing wrong in giving our partner such an assurance. It does not mean you do not have confidence in the other. It is just a saying some say out of love.

However, I have never said this to anyone.

Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

At the time of marriage in Hindu rituals, the father of the bride asks the bridegroom not to leave his daughter alone in all their future endeavours and the bridegroom replies that he is accepting that and under no circumstances, he will leave her. All married gents at the time of marriage will tell the same words. When the marriage was getting performed the guruji will utter many mantras in Sanskrit. The persons who understand that language will appreciate the meaning of these mantras.
    Whether you tell these words are not, the couples should be an understanding with each other and they should be complementary to each other. Then they will have real happiness in their lives. Otherwise, their life will be very testing and they have to face hardships.

drrao
    always confident

A real-life question full of meaning and emotions that one would be able to pose to his or her beloved or sweetheart. Between friends, the meaning would be slightly different.
    Like many, I haven't uttered the exact words but something less exciting. It sounds good in movies and maybe in life when a couple is in love and the boy/ girl proposes, he can use this phrase. In real life, there would be many situations in families where such lines would pass unspoken between them. A couple for the first time being aware of their first child share a few moments of joy that would be etched in memory without so many words being said. The joy of beholding their children, sending up to school for the first time all these are treasurable moments that would echo the thread's meaning.
    Similarly when calamity strikes, when there is a financial loss, career setback, major illness, these are testing times where the couple depends on each other for moral support and manage to survive the bad times.

Never. But I can say better words instead of these cliche'. And there is no way today's generation will be impressed by something this bland.
    I believe in being creative. So I would say something that was never heard or told before.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Though not exactly in same words, words or verses with somewhat similar intended meaning are there in the traditional wedding ceremonies as wedding Mantras too. The aim of marriage is to be of mutual support and strength. Hence these words (probably there may not be the mention of ill ominous word death) will find in such situations.

• Sign In to post your comments