You must Sign In to post a response.
The final tally of scores has been done, the winners announced here of the GTA contests. Congratulate them!
  • Category: Winners

Guess the Author contests - winners

Many thanks to the authors of the GTA contest for their scintillating write-ups! Thanks, too, to the participants of the two individual contests. Even if there were few correct answers, the awards will be given as announced due to the difficulty level of the contest.

The names of the authors, scores of the participants & points of the authors have been revealed in this thread. The common theme for the topics given: Education.

The winners of Guess the Title Author contest 1 are:
    Dr. Rao and Neethu tied for first place & win Rs.100/- each.
    Chitra and Partha tied for second place & each wins Rs.75/-

The winners of Guess the Text Author contest 2 are:
    Soundharya who gave a brilliant performance, getting 9 correct answers & thus wins the first prize of Rs.100/-.
    Dr. Rao who stuck to his resolution of the same authors for the second contest and wins Rs.75/-.
    Neethu wins Rs.50/- as third prize.

The winners of the bumper prizes for maximum correct answers combining entries for both contests are:
    Dr. Rao wins Rs.150/- (5+5)
    Neethu wins Rs.100/- (5+3)
    Partha wins Rs.75/-. (4+2)

The winners of the best write-up based on votes of members are:
    Saji Ganesh with 33 points wins Rs.75/-.
    Pooja Srivastava with 32 points wins Rs.50/-.

Congratulations to all the winners! Hope to see better participation in the next GTA contest.
    My heartiest congratulations to all the winners of the GTA contests. Well done. Keep up your good guess work.

Will the editor authors RaviShankar, Saji Ganesh, Jagdish Patro and Joyshree explain the reason for their non participation in this interesting contest as editors or members?

No life without Sun

Congratulations to the winners of the guess-work contest. Congratulations to the authors best paragraph-writers.

Congratulations to the ME for organising the complex contest. But eager to know about the theme of the subjects (I have replied/attempted).

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Partha,

I have mentioned the theme in the text above. It is Education.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Excellent ,Dr Rao, Neethu and Soundharya. You have made a very good guess. Soundharys , 9 answers correct,WOW! good performance.
    (A special congrats to Rao for winning a very good cash award of total Rs 325/ in a single contest.More than many awards)

Congrats Partha and Chitra; well done.

Congratulations for Saji and Pooja for getting maximum popular points for your writing. That shows the acceptability and quality of your writings. The votes can be taken as reflecting totally unbiased and uninfluenced evaluation as the members did not know who the author was.

Though I fared poorly, I appreciate the contest as a good comprehensive one. Expecting further improved versions in due course. Some of the feedback suggestions also may thought of i the next version.
    Thanks to ME for the efforts taken on this. Now that members have become more familiar with the contest let us hope more participation in the coming contests.

Vandana,
    How many authors were right in posting the theme word 'Education" corretly?

No life without Sun

Those who guessed the theme correctly:
    Aditya - gave the answer when sending the entry for contest 1.
    Partha - gave the answer when sending the entry for contest 2.
    Dr. Rao - gave the answer when sending the entry for contest 2.

Neethu gave the wrong answer. The other authors who participated did not send their guess for the theme.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

I have openly said in a thread that the contest is based on the theme' Education'
    No life without Sun

Mr. SuN: The theme contest was reserved for the authors only.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Partha,
    No matter. I said it after the contest got locked. It came in my mind while making a response.

No life without Sun

Congratulations to all the winners of the three prizes of GTA. All the best for the future contests.

This is to express my congratulations to Saji Ganesh and Pooja Srivatsava for winning the best write up award first and second respectively. This is really great to get the appreciation of many members for best writing, that too without knowing the names.
    Congratulations to Neethu, Chitra, Partha and Soundarya for winning prizes in GTA. I am lucky this time I could be on the list of winners.
    My sincere thanks to the Managing Editor for conducting the contest very nicely and making it a big success.

drrao
    always confident

Congratulations to all winners. I could understandthat the probability of winning by guess is almost zero. In my case only one answer was right which was not fully based on guess. Because, a PhD degree holder can be expected to be the choice for research. Hence more than fifty percent chance I expected for that selection.
    Once again I congratulate all winners.

T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

Congratulation to all the winners for such an interesting contest.
    Please keep up the spirit and let us all enjoy such contests.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Just because of curiosity I like to know how many correctly chose the "teacher" authorship as well as it's text ? Anyway this was a nice contest. After giving necessary gap the contest may be repeated, of course with different authors.
    T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

Congrats to all the winners. Happy to see my name and actually glad that I got at least a few right. Unfortunately I couldn't participate in the second contest. Never mind next time will definitely give it a try. It was actually a difficult contest as I had a hard time figuring out who all will be the authors. Special congrats to Mr. Rao, the one who got the most correct answers.
    Regards
    Chitra
    "Do not give up, things might not favour you always"

Congratulations to all the winners of GTA contest. It was a nice contest, enjoyed it. I also could not participate in the second one, but never mind, it was interesting.
    I would congrats Dr. Rao, Neethu, Partha Sir, Chitra, Soundharya for the lovely guesses. I will also wish Saji sir for getting the award for best write up. Also, I am happy to see I am the second one for best write up after Saji sir. Lovely, thank you all.

Do what inspires you !!

Vandana,
    Like Mr. TM Sankaran, I too wish to know how many members selected SuN and Mohan as the author of some topics. It will help me to know whether the platinum members SuN and Mohan were in the minds of fellow ISCian while guessing the authors.
    I would be nice if you provide the detailed answer sheet of all the participants for members view.

No life without Sun

My best wishes and hearty congrats to all the winners of the GTA contest. This time I was intentionally out of the contest to give more twist to the guessing game and thus it gone well.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Hats off to the winners for both of the guess the author contest. It is really a big success to win such an interesting but difficult contest.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Wohoooo!! I am glad I am one of the winners, though I didn't expect it coming as it way too difficult to guess.
    Hats off to Vandana, as we do understand that it was not an easy task for you.
    Thank you all for your wishes.

My hearty wishes to all my co-winners, all special wishes to Pooja and Mr. Saji for the best write-ups.

May I please request everyone: Do not ask queries in this thread or make general comments about the contest, restricting your responses only to conveying congratulatory wishes to the winners. You can post your input & comments, if any, in the thread where the answers were revealed. That thread will remain open for today.

The detailed answer sheets will not be revealed.

Congratulations to all the winning members and all those who participated in the interesting contest!
    My appreciation for Mr Saji and Puja for their excellent write up about the subjects Discipline and Writing. I found my observations are in line with public votes!
    Regarding the contest, no doubt, it was the brilliant effort by the organizer.
    My heartfelt congratulations to Vandana ji ! Your efforts are always inspiring many in this forum and thereby adding value to this site, I notice.
    Once again, Congrats to you!!

I love chocolates and ice creams!

Congratulations to the winners of Guess the Author contest.

Congratulations to all the winners. Unfortunately I couldn't participate in both the contest. It looked very difficult and I didn't have time to think. Hopefully I will try in next competition.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Hearty congratulations to all the winners of the GTA-1 and 2 contests and the Bumper Prize winners! I express my deep appreciation to Pooja, my Co-winner of the Best Write-up based on member votes.

I thank all the members who had voted for my write-up and sincerely consider this award as the best I have received so far in ISC.

The rewards have been credited.

(Mr Sun, I don't see any reason as to why you need to be so bothered about the non-participation of editors in the contests. Let the show go on; be rest assured that there is no hide and seek or twists and turn in the official contests announced by the editors because they are not just for fun).

'He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.'- Elbert Hubbard.

Saji,
    It is surprising to see such comments from you. Are editors not members? Does the contest exempts the editors from participation?. If you can spare your time to write easily and post it, why don't you show some interest to read others write ups and guess? You don't do it because it takes away your time. Does guess work harms the editors? It would have added joy, if the editor writer of the topics participated to see the writing of other writers. Whatever may be, I don't appreciate the attitude of the editors who try to keep away from the interesting ISC contests. I know you are not a funny editor but the contest has become a fun with non participation of editors.

The main reason for my unhappiness is - It is not one or two editors, but the whole lot of editors (4)who posted their write ups failed to turn up to guess the authors of other topics. Is it not funny in a serious contest organised with pain and interest by the Managing Editor? Did all the editors go on a picnic or out of station or fell sick in their quarters?

No life without Sun

Sun having poured out his heart, members are requested to kindly restrict their responses to the announcement thread without any deviations please.
    'He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.'- Elbert Hubbard.

Saji,
    You poured out first ignoring the directives of our Managing Editor. You should have simply rested and avoided a counter response/ comment to my response.
    No more deviation please. We are on the right track now.

sa

No life without Sun

Mr.Saji Ganesh, I think we can lock the thread as we have heard the results, you have credited the cc. In other announcement threads after cc, it has been followed by the closure of the thread.

Congratulations to all the prize winners of the 3 sub-contests including the bumper prizes. Congratulations to Saji Ganesh and Pooja Srivastava for winning the best write-up prizes. Read all the texts. Exemplary everyone.
    Patience and perseverance pays

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.