You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Sun is not happy with the mysterious things happening at ISC

Members,

You all might have read SuN's mystery at ISC. It was the boss of ISC who is cause behind the mystery. It is nothing but about deleting my beautiful profile photo. The boss requested me to replace my photo. I raised a query as to why I should replace, and quoted reasons to continue with my profile photo with my monkey cap on. Yet the boss is silent for the last 60 hours. Where is my Boss? What is his response to my query?
    SuN, this is my considered response and suggestion to you. Please don't be unnecessarily insisting. (Edited by author). It was right that you wanted to know the reason behind disappearance of your profile photo. The most responsible person of this web site has given you the reason . You should take that and stop further arguments. That is minimum decency expected.

If you do not like to give any other profile photo, keep it blank, or else give the pic of real sun-sunrise or sunset. Please do not go on coming with similar threads on a matter which for all purposes appear closed. It is my considered suggestion and request.

Update : (Third sentence since and updated)

In the home when we keep good things away from the children they have the tendency to search for it and even own it. May be your photo has enthused interest by some one and might have stolen. Never mind, you have replaced the same and we are already having your profile image photo of monkey cap.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Anyone is free here to get satisfied answer from the administration. It is natural and obvious that question may come again and again if not properly answered. And I don't see it as admant behaviour as someone has quoted it in this thread's response. Sun is right when he asked that there are many member who do not have their real name but allowed to post here? there are few photo which does not even provide the clear image?

Whether his answer will be provided by admin to him or not is different issue but why we as a member try to stop someone from asking about some clarity? ;Who we are?:

I am not agreed by the view of our respected members Venkiteswaran . Also by his quote that " whatever goodwill Sun has will be lost". If asking clarity from admin is a sign to lose our goodwill then I don't know for what kind of transparency we often talk about in ISC.

Members here are all have different attitude and parameters to look into a matter. What look admant for one, may not be the same for others. Suggestions and request is OK but we shouldn't unnecessary try to thrust our own opinion or thoughts to other. This may also lose one's goodwill if one try to act like editor more often than usual. Instead of we jumping into conclusion let it be come from authority people.

Mr.SuN from an unbiased viewpoint, if i were to see this image for the first time the picture hides most of your face, that may be the issue. I don't think the editors would mind about the head. Hence, likely the request to change, can you try with a good fedora hat or something which would make you look more handsome. Good Morning.

@Venkiteswaran:
    There should be some justification. I have put up my point clearly in my previous thread. Having something is better than having nothing. Profile photo is not a must, but I have it for my satisfaction. In which way, my photo is harmful to ISC or ISCian or the net browsers. There are photos of members whose face is not clearly visible (Take your case of plucking jackfruit). There is a responsible senior male member who has placed his children photo. There is a member whose face cannot be made out due to far click. As suggested by you, I once loaded a sunrise in my profile but was deleted abruptly without quoting any reason. Of course, it won't be right to post objects in place of human figures. And I have already lost my goodwill due to my sincere and concentrated best efforts. What is there to lose again?

After all, a boss should not go wrong with his decision without proper justification. Therefore I call it as double standard maintained by ISC.

@ Natarajan: I will be with or without a hat after the winter 01 April 2018. Let me enjoy the winter wear.

No life without Sun

Having no clear guidelines regarding profile picture is the main reason behind this issue. Absence of guidelines brings discretion and discretion brings dispute. I don't find the snap of Mr. SuN harmful to anyone or to the website. So, it should be allowed to remain. Moreover, we should not discuss the trivial issue again and again.

This is my personal opinion.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

I say why should we unnecessarily go on raising the same issues again and again. Now we are all able to see the profile picture of SUN with the monkey cap. So the matter is over. I think we can stop the issue there. But why to prolong the issue which we raise unnecessary arguments and bad feelings. So it is my sincere request to the author to leave the matter there. I request him not to take my words also in a different way. It is always better not to stretch the things till they break. Let us all have the pleasure of seeing the profile picture of Sun with monkey cap till the winter is over. We will also feel the warmth.
    drrao
    always confident

Sun,

Members may be unhappy about a lot of things here, but when a Webmasters has given very clear instructions, I do think, having registered as members, we should abide by them. You are a Platinum member & you wish to defy the instructions?!

Tony Sir did put across the instruction in a very polite and decent manner, as a request, when he stated "We won't be able to allow the photo you are currently using in the profile since such a photo doesn't provide the purpose and also it gives a wrong impression about the identity of the person. So I request you to replace the photo," I think it is pretty clear that he is implying that the photo gives a wrong impression. Perhaps it conveys a threatening profile, being all covered up like that? Maybe Tony Sir does not wish to put the reason in the open forum to avoid putting you in a bad light. You could have sent a message to Tony Sir requesting for clarity, rather than raising a separate thread on it & blowing the issue out of proportion.

You could read this article to understand things in perspective.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Venkiteswaran - I do think the statement "That will only lose whatever goodwill you have." was unwarranted.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Vandana,
    Am I wearing a mask to cover my face and hide my identity? My dark eyes with white spectacles are clearly visible with a nice nose to all in the world. Or Am I a terrorist to have a threatening profile? What wrong impression does it give?Can anyone explain it in clear terms? I agree that Web Master TJ has said it politely but wrongly as a request. I am a very sincere and obedient member of ISC, and not expected this. I too raised a separate thread as to how my profile photo was taken and uploaded.

Though there are instructions that male members should not place their wards or any other objects in their profile(females are exempted), I still don't understand why they have been permitted to remain with hidden identity. You have done your duty in support of the WM without any justification.

I am a very Sincere and Serious Platinum Member.

No life without Sun

Dear ISC,
    Just have a look at the attachment to differentiate Sun of ISC and the threatening Sun of ISC.

@ Sorry my link is not working to show the attachment.

No life without Sun

sun-latest-mask.shs

Delete Attachment

Sun
    I heard somewhere a word 'Pareidolia'.I think, it means a covered photo can be perceived as significant. Is that true here? I am not sure.

ISC and Members,
    I am attaching my another creative photos of Sincere and Serious Sun of ISC and a Terrorist like Sun at ISC. Watch and post your comments.

@Neeraj: Sorry, I have no knowledge about the big word used.

No life without Sun

Delete Attachment

Now I am seeing the difference. The Sun on Earth and the Sun from the Sun!

Can anyone explain it in clear terms?
    Mr. SuN, my suspicions were right, as mentioned in my first reply to this thread, the covered face could send a wrong message or an impression to a new person viewing the picture. If you see images or videos of anti-social elements or terrorists or fanatics ( you are far from that), they often have most of their face covered. To people who know you be interacting on ISC or personally, your image would be accepted. For people who don't know you at all, they would start wondering why most of the face is covered.

I reiterate my earlier view. I don't find the profile picture of Mr. SuN indecent, violent or objectionable. There is no clear guideline regarding profile picture of ISC. The present profile picture of Mr. SuN is perfectly okay for me. It should be allowed to continue and no further discussion on this issue is really necessary.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

If one can read the eyes of the author that is enough, whether he covers the face or the nose or any other part. The photo may be taken as per the climatic requirement and thus ends the matter.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr.Sun, if you are allowed to retain a profile photo with winter covering and all that. I like the other one which you shared.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Acknowledging and giving deference to the meaningful mention and well intended suggestion by Jeet Singh(#622756) and Vandana(#622779) I have since removed the sentence or part from my response as pointed out in the two posts.

My intention in that response was only a hint and alert to avoid the thread being prolonged and getting deviated. I trust that SuN would have taken it it in proper spirit.
    I agree with Partha that "Absence of guidelines brings discretion and discretion brings dispute. " This is very true in any matter. But how far everything ca be put in black and white is still debatable.

Locking this thread as no point in dragging the issue further. Send a message to Tony Sir for clarity.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.