You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why some threads are locked or deleted by saying they are already discussed?

I find that threads or locked or deleted on the excuse of that such threads were already discussed. Many of the present threads, except for current affairs, were discussed some time or other on this very platform. Life is evolving. Different thoughts are coming up on the same subject. On education, corruption and many other things lot of discussions went on. There is a lot of scope for discussion. I do not find any reason to do so except in the cases where such threads are discussed recently or forum guidelines are violated. Hope the editors will take note of this.
    Generally, when we place a thread here, at that moment any similar thread is active wherein the matter of this thread is fit there as a response, the editors are locking the threads as it will amount to a duplicate post. This is one of the reasons for rejecting or closing a thread. Many times this matter has been discussed. Anyhow the point you raised may be answered by the concerned Editor.
    drrao
    always confident

KVRR, the thread in question that has prompted you to raise this thread was locked because there is another thread on the same/ similar topic that is still under discussion in the forum about greeting others. You might have raised a thread making a specific mention about hug as a part of greeting but since the same could have been posted as a response in the already existing thread, it was decided to lock your thread. The reason for locking your thread was specifically mentioned therein.

This is not the first time that we have been either locking or deleting such inspired threads as and when it was noticed in order to avoid the same point being discussed in different threads at the same time. We have also been requesting members to keep a tag on the threads that are posted so as to avoid duplicity of topics. While it is true that most of the topics may already have been discussed at some point of time, I think we should at least try to maintain a decent gap and also try to avoid approaching an issue or a subject from the same/ similar angle. Rather than leaving the entire show to the editors, I feel members must also join in to ensure that the forum section appears fresh everytime we open it.

Hope you will understand and agree with my point.

'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. - Aristotle.

I accept what you say. I want clarification regarding one matter. A thread of mine regarding secular and liberal was locked yesterday by the ME. The two words indicate the good characters of a person. These two terms are repeatedly degraded in responses and thread. Why the ME or the editors failed to curb such tendency? This is the reason why I had to raise a thread which was locked by the ME yesterday. What will be the reaction of editors to such comments?
    " Be Good and Do Good "

KVRR, the response posted by ME in that thread is a notice to all in this connection.
    The reason for locking your thread has also been mentioned therein which is the same as the one that had lead to the locking of the thread which has given rise to this thread. Please note.

{opening sentence edited and needless words removed.}

'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. - Aristotle.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Editors, this thread may be locked as necessary clarification sought by me is given.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.