You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Detailed instructions on creating tables in articles

I have been planning to write one-two article(s) on financial matters in which I am required to submit data in tabular form. However, I don't know the necessary html command. So, is there any available resource in ISC which teaches Members like me about different html commands for creating/modifying tables? If no such resource is available in ISC, outside sources for creating html tables would be welcome.

Timely help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Partha,

I have shifted this query from our AE section. Please submit queries related to ISC in the forum.

We are not allowed to use HTML tags to create tables. It clearly says so, next to the 'Article Body' box, that "Tags like BODY, HEAD, TABLE, H1 are NOT allowed."

What I do when I want to put a table in my article is -
    1. I create the table in a Word doc.
    2. I use the Snipping Tool to capture an image of it.
    3. I save the image in jpg format.
    4. I upload it as an attachment to the article, copy-pasting the image tags thus created into the article at the specific place where I wish it to appear.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

This indirectly means it is almost next to impossible for an almost computer-illiterate Member like me to use tables in articles for ISC. So, I have to change the articles accordingly.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Partha,

The very essence of ISC is to learn! If a total dunce at HTML tags like me learned tags, started a blog and got the hang of using a smartphone, surely you can also pick up some learning skills from fellow-ISCians. Do try.

I self-taught things, too, like using the snipping tool. It is the most useful tool, believe me, and hence I have placed it on the taskbar of my laptop's screen. You can use your computer's search box to locate this tool. When you click on it, you can select 'rectangular mode' from the drop-down options of 'mode', select the table with your cursor and save the image. Keep trying till you get it.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Mr.Partha.
    What I do for tables ( in my non-ISC work) is to type everything on a powerpoint slide. The fonts are big, you can pick up mistakes easily.
    Then go to full-screen view. one more chance to check the numbers for errors.
    Then, press prt sc icon and control c
    Open new slide, then control v
    Use the picture crop tool and save the image in jpeg format.
    Works for me every time and I save the ppt, that becomes useful for my future presentations on the related subject.

Try this, I'm a computer novice too!

• Sign In to post your comments