You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

    Mismatch in mother's name in school records and passport, aadhar. Implications college admissions?

    The name of my mother is Keerti Mundey and is recorded as such in aadhar card and passport.f

    The school records ( class 10 and 12) mention my mother's name as Keerti Mannan.

    I am presently appearing for various competitive exams, both medical and engineering.

    The NEET form specified to mention the name of mother as per school record and therefore the name was filled in as Keerti Mannan.

    However other exams (JEE, AIIMS, other colleges) did not specify this, and therefore in many forms, the name of my mother has been mentioned as Keerti Mundey.

    Please guide if I should take legal steps to avoid problems during college admissions due to discrepancy in mother's name in school records and aadhar/passport.
  • #626374
    Yes, this will create problems for you. The mother's name should be same in all the documents. I will suggest you do the necessary action for the same. If you have passed the 12th exam, it is not possible to change your mother's name in school record (scholar register) and it is a very lengthy procedure to change the name in school record which will take more time. You can change mother's name in adhaar card or passport very easily through school documents.
    Honesty is the best policy.

  • Sign In to post your comments