You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Movies

Kamal Hassan bids farewell to his acting career

Kamal Hassan, a man who doesn't require a special introduction. He is a great and a versatile actor. The recent scenario in Tamil Nadu politics has made him start up his own political party with an intention to serve people. Whether he succeeds or not, that is a later question. But he will not be seen on reel screen anymore. He has officially stated that he is retiring from his acting career and will focus completely on Politics. Except for the two films which are due release in coming months, he will not act further.

Politics aside, remember this multi-talented actor who entertained us for years. He is not only an actor, he is a good dancer, singer, director, producer, lyricist and what not. He has marveled at most aspects of the movie industry. I still watch one of his best movie, Sagara Sangamam (Telugu) in which he set a new record in acting. He also won prestigious Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan awards along with several other awards and honors (64 in total).

For years he served the film industry and country. A great actor who will be missed deeply. Let us thank him for entertaining us and wish him good luck in the future endeavors.
    A Hero is always a hero. This is the title of a thread recently posted on this site. So a hero on the screen will also become a hero in politics also. I wish he should serve the people with a clean mind and see that poor person will also be happy in his state. Then he will become a real hero in real life also. All the best to him.
    He is a versatile actor really. His acting skills are very high and he will fit into any role he has taken up. The variation between the two roles he played in the movies Sagara Sangam (Telugu) and Swathi Mutyam (Telugu) will describe his acting talent.
    NTRamaRao also announced that he will not act further when he entered the arena of politics. Many of his fans disappointed. But afterwards, he acted in two or three films to satisfy his fans. In the way Kama Hassan may also act in some good films, let us hope.

drrao
    always confident

What I feel that he is compromising his great talent and venturing in to politics which is not a green pasture for all. He is taking greatest risk of his life. He is surely a great actor of all times and even I admire him a lot. But plunging into politics without having grass root level preparation, there is a high risk of he turning zero like Shivaji Ganeshan, who also started the politics and a great failure. Even Captain Vijaykanth met with failure and has the meagre support base in TN. In that state, except AIADMK and DMK , even Congress was the big failure and that is the known fact. So my sincere advise to Kamala Hassan that there is no wrong for him to join politics, but instead of starting his own party, he can extend support with some rider conditions so that a proper coordination of development can takes place under his watchful eyes.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Let's wishing his the very best in his political venture. Kamal Hassan is one multi-faceted actor who has enthralled viewers of different states. It would difficult to transform from an actor to a good politician and balancing both would be very difficult, I think it is a good decision to focus on politics now. Once he is settled down, then he can venture back and popular request of his fans.
    Even Rajiknath had announced retirement from the cinema but was brought back by his fans. So, who knows, Kamal may also be forced back from self exile a couple of years later. The key would be whether he would be successful in his new venture or would be sidelined by the electorate. If he doesn't fare well in politics, he would certainly return back to movies to play the role of a father/grandfather or an ageing don!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.