You must Sign In to post a response.
Put on your creative caps and write a unique story based on the photo shown in this thread. Cash prizes to be won! Last date: 10th March 2018.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Photo story contest

I am attaching a photo of a toy that I saw on the footpath; I liked it, bought it without bargaining and enjoyed it at home with the kids. I bought it from a footpath in Bangalore. It cost Rs.200 only. I feel it is worth for the manufacture of such an excellent toy.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Official reward program as announced by the Managing Editor -
    The photo attached to this thread is being taken up as a photo story writing contest. Each member can submit one short story based on the photo. At the end of the story, give a link to this thread so that others are aware it is a contest entry. Keep in mind that your story should focus on what is depicted in the photo.

Submit your entry in - Discussion Forums >> About IndiaStudyChannel >> Competition Entries. Then submit the URL of the thread in a response to this thread with a clickable link to be eligible for the prizes.

General rules:
    1. Give an appropriate title to the story of not more than 7 words.
    2. The story should be in English only and should not be less than 350 words & not more than 500 words.
    3. You can give only one relevant link to an internal page of ISC if you so wish (not mandatory.)
    4. You can use dialogues and conversations and use humour or mystery or any genre.
    5. Do not attach any images to your story.
    6. Do not use slang words, short forms or inappropriate language.

Prizes:
    1. The winning story gets a cash award of Rs.250 + Certificate of creativity from our virtual gift shop.
    2. Two runner-up prizes: Rs.200/-.
    3. One third prize: Rs.150/-.

Last date to submit your entries: 10th March 2018.

Please do not post irrelevant responses in this thread- only submit the entry of your story.

{As is the norm, a thread taken up for a reward program theme is awarded 30 points & 30cc.}
    Write a story based on the attached photo ~ ME
    No life without Sun

Delete Attachment

Life of a Pizza Delivery Boy

Suresh has joined a famous Pizza manufacturing company situated at Abids in Hyderabad. Though he has the two wheeler for the purpose of door delivery, the company categorically denied giving any extra expenses over and above the fixed salary of just 8000 per month. As he was desperate to have a first time job, he accepted this pizza delivery job much to annoy of his parents and friends by accepting to deliver Pizzas by bycycle. Why he joined this job because he want to self finance his own studies without disturbing or expecting money from the parents. As he is the fourth member of the house and the father was the only earning member, he felt that asking for money now and then would bother the father and he would have to arrange, beg or borrow from others, and thus he made his mind to work for part time delivery boy in the Pizza company. Though initially the company also understood his plight and cooperated with him to do part time job after college hours, later the orders for Pizzas has increased during the lunch time and thus the company asked Suresh to accept the day time full time job and not the part time job during evenings. For Suresh it is a challenging situation as he cannot leave the job as even that pittance salary matters much to him as he can pay the exam fees and other pending fees demanded by the college to certain extent. But when started attending the day time job he obviously lost the attendance in college. the college principal warned him to maintain attendance or face action. So he put a day leave for the Pizza company and stayed in the house. On noticing his absence, the Pizza company owner asked him to come immediately to attend big orders. But Suresh denied the job citing time constrains and loosing college attendance. But one of the customer to whom Suresh was delivering the Pizza regularly has noticed his absence and called the company to send Pizza with Suresh only. That was the turning point for him. Though reluctantly Suresh went there, the customer inquired about his personal problems and why he is working so hard forgoing college. When he said his motive,the customer immediately offered financial help for free till his final studies and he need not even return the money. Suresh was overwhelmed with that offer and that brought tears in his eyes instantly. That day he felt that every job when done with dedication will not only mitigate our urgent problems financially but also bring people closer to reach to us.

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

My humble entry : Ideas can change the world
    Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff.

My entry -

Wear helmet and follow wise monkeys

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

K Mohan,

Times without number you have been gently advised by both editors and fellow-members to read a thread's text properly. Despite this, you seem to be simply skimming over the title and barely glancing at the text of many threads. Look at your response to this thread. Have you not read the instructions for this contest? Your entry will not be considered for the main prizes for not following instructions.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

My entry to the contest Riding through my childhood memories
    Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

My entry for the contest is :
    Green bicycle team for cleanliness

Honesty is the best policy.

My entry for this photo contest
    The mystery of the green toy cycle..

My entry for the photo contest

This is also a smart idea

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

My entry:

A new pizza delivery boy started working

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

My entry:

A new pizza delivery boy started working

[As I am having a problem to provide clickable link from my laptop, I am mentioning the name of my thread only. Unable to give clickable link.]

With much difficulty, I have managed to sort out the problem. The above comment may kindly be ignored.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

My entry for this contest:
    Life Is Like A Running Cycle

My entry

A cycle to help the poor

This is my story for the photo story contest.

A small and gentle beginning

drrao
    always confident

Here's my entry
    The Bicycle Man

Live life Kingsize!

Here is my entry for the contest - A lovely gift after a theft
    No life without Sun

Here is my entry for this contest:

Nothing But Perspectives

To me the cyclist looks like he's delivering a very important thing, say a heart.
    Hence my story

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

My Entry

Head Matters

This is my entry for the photo story contest: The Much Adorable Green Bicycle Toy

Below is my entry for the Contest.

Our "Bicycle uncle" has come

An interesting competition going on.... Really exciting as the concept sounds nice... Wish that I could participate in it... My best wishes to all of the members of ISC who are participating in this contest.

Here is my entry for the contest.
    The evolution of Ecoman

Regards,
    Venkat Satish Mamidisetti,
    Power Plant Operations Engineer.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.