You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

Requesting two small clarifications from the Lead Editor of Articles section

Nowadays I am trying to concentrate on Articles section. I have noticed that whenever I try to upload articles which takes little bit time, I automatically get logged out. I can upload an article only after logging in at least three-four times. Most probably, as a result of this problem, draft articles are being created on their own. I have seven to eight draft articles (these articles have been finally uploaded, but some drafts remain). I request the Lead Editor to delete those draft articles. I hope that the uploaded articles (not yet approved) will not be affected if the draft articles are deleted.

Furthermore, I have five pending articles right now. I would like to know whether I can go on uploading articles, or not. I would like to know the maximum limit of submitting articles for a Diamond Member.

I would be grateful if the Lead Editor kindly clarifies the points.
    This is a common problem, I think I also faced this problem. Many draft copies are remaining on our list of articles. What is the way out, I like to know?
    drrao
    always confident

Partha,

I have deleted the draft articles. Note that in case of an error message or if you get logged out, you should not again submit a post (whether an article or a forum thread or an AE answer). What you should do is open a separate tab alongside it, log in again from that second tab and check under 'new posts' if your post was submitted. If not, then only go to the first tab, press the back button where you will likely see the post intact & then submit.

Secondly, you can replace duplicate drafts with a fresh article. The only thing is, in this case, you would need to leave a message for the editors that you had replaced a draft with a new article & hence the file name should be changed to match the title of the new article. Otherwise what will happen is that the title & text will not match and the URL in the browser will also show the old article title.

With regard to the posting limit for Diamond members - I will confirm this with the Webmasters. I think posting limits were removed for Diamond & Platinum members, but not sure of this. I also do not think that deletion of a draft article will create a problem with submission of new articles.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Partha,

Please confirm if you also want these 2 articles which are in a draft mode to be deleted -
    http://www.indiastudychannel.com/resources/173155-Know-about-the-freedom-fighters-from-North-East-Thang-Ta-expert-Paona-Brajabasi.aspx

http://www.indiastudychannel.com/resources/168536-Valuable-insight-into-the-relationship-of-political-leadership-bureaucracy-and.aspx

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Thanks Madam for acceding to my request. Yes, you can also delete the draft articles on Paona Brajabasi and the book review. Both the articles were earlier approved.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Partha,

The 2 articles, too, have been deleted as per your request.

Oh My God! This is a terrible problem! I was going to thank the ME for deleting the draft articles, but.....! Just now, I was going to upload an article, but due to deletion of all draft articles today, I have received the following message:
    ''Your posting rights in this section is temporarily restricted since 5 or more of your posts in last 5 days were rejected for various reasons.''

I request the ME or any other Editor to lift the restriction as early as possible to enable me to upload articles.

I have moved the below 2 resources to another name so that you will not have deleted articles in your name. That will allow you to post more.

http://www.indiastudychannel.com/resources/173155-Know-about-the-freedom-fighters-from-North-East-Thang-Ta-expert-Paona-Brajabasi.aspx

http://www.indiastudychannel.com/resources/168536-Valuable-insight-into-the-relationship-of-political-leadership-bureaucracy-and.aspx

regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Thanks Mr. Tony John. But even now, my posting right is suspended.

What is the exact message you are getting when trying to post the article?
    regards,
    Tony John

The exact message is:-

''You have reached here for one of the following reasons:

Your posting rights in this section is temporarily restricted since 5 or more of your posts in last 5 days were rejected for various reasons.
    We strongly recommend you read Help Topics and Posting Guidelines to get a better understanding about what kind of content we expect and what the are the rules to be following while posting content here. .........''

Till now, there is no change in the 'ground situation'. My articles posting right has not yet been restored. Sigh!

Unfortunate situation. Wait, please.

Please let me know if you are still stuck with this issue.
    regards,
    Tony John

Thanks Mr. John. The problem has been sorted out on 27th March. Thanks again.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.