You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What's the chart in railway ticket?

What's the chart in train ticket?
    When i check PNR status of train ticket, scheduled on 2nd April, 2018 , it shows 'as ' CNF' and "chart not prepared".
    Can i board the train if the chart is not prepared ?
    CNF means your booking is confirmed. While preparing the chart, the berth number will be allocated. You can board the train after ensuring your berth number through the chart pasted on the coach notice board.
    No life without Sun

This means your booking/reservation is confirmed. You will get compartment (coach) number and seat number on the day of your journey at the station. If you have booked the ticket online, the coach number and berth number will be intimated via SMS on the date of journey.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

You can proceed with journey, reach the station and would get to know the coach number and birth number just before one hour of the train departure. That means your journey is sure.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Chart is generally prepared a few hours before the journey commences. CNF is used to indicate confirmation and birth number will be known at the station or through SMS.

Please note the SMS will come on the mobile number which is mentioned while booking. If you have used some other number ask that person to forward the SMS immediately to you.

Knowledge is power.

Actually, berth number and coach number is given in the e-ticket. Only the chart is not prepared.

Then what, your are surely going to have the journey and the question of chart is pending, which is prepared after incorporating the tatkal and emergency quota details.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Das: If the coach number and berth number are already indicated, then why are your worrying? The chart is required for RAC passengers, for whom the reservation is not confirmed? You coach number and berth number will not be changed further.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.