You must Sign In to post a response.
Ever had a problem while travelling or on vacation? Check out the articles which were submitted for the article contest - and cheer the winners, too!
  • Category: Winners

Article Contest- "What to do ___ [Travelling/Vacation]" - Winners

We received 13 entries for the Article Contest- "What to do ___ [Travelling/Vacation]". The jury panel has selected the following articles as the winning entries:

1. What to do at an airport – step-by-step guide for first time international travellers by Juana wins the first joint prize of Rs.250 & 125 points.
    ~ From arrival to touch-down, an extremely useful article for those travelling abroad by air for the first time. The informative guide will surely make them feel less fearful or embarrassed.

2. What to do when children get lost on a holiday? by Natarajan wins the first joint prize of Rs.250 & 125 points.
    ~ Children wandering around, lost & alone can be a nightmarish experience for both, the kids & parents. Many of the article tips would be useful to keep in mind.

3. What to do in case of a forest fire while trekking by Soundharya wins the joint second prize of Rs. 150/- and 75 points.
    ~ Quite scary, isn't it when you see a forest fire? A helpful guide has been provided to both, how to prevent one in the first place when you are camping & what steps can be practical if trapped in one.

4. What to do to get confirmed rail ticket during vacation? by Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala wins the joint second prize Rs. 150/- and 75 points.
    ~ Looks easy on the face of it, but not necessarily so when you actually go to book a confirmed ticket! The article's step by step guidance is extremely helpful.

5. What to do during cyclone while visiting a coastal area: Personal experience of Cyclone Thane by Partha K. wins a consolation prize of Rs. 100/- and 50 points.
    ~ Through a well-narrated personal experience, the article gives an insight of what you are faced with when confronted with a cyclone & the handy tips are good to keep in mind.

Congratulations to all the winners!

A big thank you to all the participants ~ continue writing and participating in such contests!
    Hearty congratulations to all the winners. A well conducted contest and good participation by many members. My best wishes to all the participianta and I hope they will continue their contribution to ISC. Next time better luck to the participants who missed the awards this time.
    drrao
    always confident

Congratulations to all the winners of the contest. Hope to see more participation from the ISC members. It was a nice contest and there are many personal experiences of the members which fetched more value. Hope to see such contests in the future.
    "Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

Thanks ISC to select me the second prize winner of the contest and also thanks to all the members for your wishes. Hearty congratulations to Juana Madam and Mr. Natarajan for winning first prize of the contest. I also want to congratulation Soundharya for winning second prize. Mr. Partha please accept my sincere congratulation for winning consolation prize of the contest.
    Honesty is the best policy.

There is a spelling mistake in the name of Mr. Natarajan. Correct name is Natarajan but it is typed as Natarjan. Please correct it.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Thanks, Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala for pointing out the mistake. It has been corrected now.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

My heartiest congratulations to the winners Juana, Natarajan, Soundharya, Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala and Partha K.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Thanks for this pleasant news. Congratulations to all the winners and the participants to have excellent articles on What to do if?

My best wishes and heartiest congratulations to the Article contest winners Juana, Natarajan, Soundharya, Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala and Partha K as all of them really deserve the recognition.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

There were very good entries submitted by the members for this contest and I enjoyed reading them as well as noted many interesting tips etc.

Now that the results have come, I congratulate all the winners for their respective awards and hope that they will continue their good contributions in this lively platform.

Knowledge is power.

My warm wishes and congratulations to all the winners of the article contest. All of them are really informative and really very helpful for us to know lots of unknown topic.
    Also thanks to ISC for organising such awesome contests here.

Hearty congratulations to Juan and Natarajan for being the winners of the first prize. And also congratulations to Soundharya and Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala for winning second prize. And also congratulations to Partha for winning consolation prize of the contest.
    Regards,
    Ramya

Hearty congratulations to Ms. Juana and Mr. Natarajan for jointly winning the first prize. Appreciations to Ms. Soundharya and Mr. Kuakhedawala for the second prize. I was in doubt whether my write-up would be considered because I simply wrote my personal experience, but am feeling elated to find my name in the winners' list as a consolation prize winner.

I must state that all thirteen articles submitted in this contest are very useful and are needed to be properly bookmarked for future reference.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Hearty congratulations to all the winners of this well-conducted and well-attended contest! All the entries are worth reading.

The cash rewards and points to the winners have been credited.

'He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.'- Elbert Hubbard.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.