You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Some facts about Puri Jagannath Temple

1.The flag atop the tower flies in the opposite direction to the wind blows
    2.The Sudharshan Chakra kept atop the tower is seems as seeing us at any direction.
    3.The sea breeze normally from the sea in daytime and towards sea in nights but in Puri it is in reverse.
    4.On the whole day Sun light the shadow of the tower fall on the ground. The similar effect we can see in the Bruhadeeswar Temple of Tanjore,Tamilnadu.
    5.On any circumstances no birds or aeroplane fly over the tower of the temple.
    6.In the temple kitchen the volume of prasada cooked daily is one and same but if the offeree level increased or decreased to any level, on no day there was surplus or shortage.
    7.In the Temple kitchen they cook food in huge seven pots by keeping one upon one on one huge wood fuel oven. But the wonder is the top most pot is getting ready first.
    8.When we enter into the Simha Dwara from outside we cannot hear any seashore sound whereas we can clearly hear when we come out via the same Simha Dwara.
    I understand that Puri temple's architecture and science has accomplished what seems to be supernatural.

You see, you just said that sea breeze flows opposite in Puri beach. Doesn't that answer why the flag flows in opposite direction?
    And the simha dwara is one of the finest examples of acoustic design. The chakra mystery is far too easy to solve. Creating an object and making it seem to be looking at you is very easy.

The top most pot of rice is ready first because of the conduction and convection through other pots.
    I won't touch the topic of Prasad as it has to do with belief but priests might be taking home the leftover showing no Prasad left in the temple.

The temple rises above 1000 fts. The birds found in that area can't fly above that height. And planes just don't fly there I assume as they have no route over the temple.

Supernatural is just misunderstood science for me. You are free to believe what you prefer.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Only a month ago I raised a thread on these interesting but unexplained facts about Puri Shri Jagannath Temple. Truly, it is incredible India!
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Unique facts of the Sri Jagannath Temple, my elders at home would often say, the happenings of the divine should not be questioned or cannot be explained by a mere human.

The unique features of Puri are well presented. These issues were recently on Social media and I received the same through WhatsApp also. It is very nice to know the facts about the temple. The speciality of God can't be explained and we should not see the reasoning also.
    drrao
    always confident

Some facts are really unbelievable but true regarding Puri Temple. There is some super natural power and that brings people flocking to this shrine. The more we get to know, we are also tempted to visit the place.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments