To all young job Aspirants: What does being Professional Mean?'Being a professional is doing the things you love to do, on the days you don't feel like doing them.'-- Julius Irvin
Professionalism means to be able to work under strict conditions of high proficiency setting high standards of accomplishments. These standards are based on certain code of conduct laid by the professional associates of different formal profession like Law Medicine Accountancy etc.
It is very important to behave "professionally" in the workplace. If you wish to succeed in whatever you desire in life
• Time is precious; respect others as well as your time. Be punctual, to office and meetings.
• Be prepared always fall into the habit of jotting down points in writing. Prepare a written agenda for meetings.
• Prepare short term goals to achieve targets always live up to the deadlines.
• Fulfilling all responsibilities with utmost care is highly expected.
• The way you talk with other employees and clients, do not forget to wear a smile always
• Your attitude is that all matters towards your job and the way you conduct business deals.
• Certain behaviors can be fatal as the company and team may back from becoming successful.
• Disrespect the time of the others do not let them waiting unnecessarily for a long period of time.
• Not being able to complete the task within the given period of time.
• Steal the ideas of others without giving them credit.
• Not being able to keep up with the commitments.
• Avoid gossiping during work time.
• Never be a part of office politics
You never get a second chance to make a first impression. Remember you are the face of the company that you are going to represent and thus the companies are very particular in putting their best men forward.
Why do people have to get dressed up in formal suits to go to work? Why not wear casual clothes? The answer is that you appear more competent and professional, and you portray confidence, clad in this attire – as opposed to just a t-shirt and jeans.
Good appearance makes you feel great about yourself, your self-confidence, and your attitude towards life.
Besides your pleasant looks and impressive clothes, you need to be soft spoken, well behaved and full of mannerism.
You should be able to infuse positive energy into people or the team you are working with. You attract a positive energy and you will notice that people start paying more attention to you. This makes you feel better about yourself and enables you to project positive inner emotions.
Last but not the least let not in any case your personal life dominate your professional life at all. Professional and personal relationships should be kept far apart.