You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

First ever forum post

What is the First ever post of this Forum site? Does anyone know? Is there any link to that?

Many of the current members are interested to post here to revive that thread!

I think, Vandana may be able to answer this question.
    Will let you know...
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

My guess: The first post would have been from our webmaster Tony as test message as to how the forum is working. Anyway I also interested to see the first post.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Neeraj,

After some time spent on investigating this very interesting query, I was unable to locate the first ever thread posted in the forum. I initially looked up the scoreboards of the Webmasters, but their first posted threads were much later than when ISC was launched in 2007. That year, I was not a member so could not find anything via my own scoreboard either.

Then I looked up the Net on how to locate earlier versions of a website. Accordingly, I did come up with a snapshot of what ISC was like in 2007. It seems that in the initial months, there was no forum at all! There was at the start, universities, courses, question papers and later a resource section. The initial resource section had write-ups which were not on the same lines as the present article section, but more like the forum threads and, in fact, the word 'forum' appeared against a member's contributions' list but the URL showed the word 'resource'.

Perhaps Tony Sir would be able to solve this intriguing mystery of the first forum thread!

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

deleted

I am also interested to know the first forum post of ISC. Let wait for the tony sir to reply.
    Honesty is the best policy.

In my early days of joining ISC, I used to spend a lot of time 'researching' the site. It use to give a lot of valuable and interesting information too. I had presented many such treasures in the forum too.

There was an 'Archives' feature in the site wherein the forum threads were archived chronologically. It was one of my very favourite search grounds ion ISC. I used to do random searching there and could discover some unique treasures from there. But later on that was removed. Probably I was the only one who felt sad about it. I raised a threadI really miss the feature archives
    But as Vandana mentioned in her response above, I also used to check for the archived snapshots too to know how the site looked in its infancy days.

I could just unearth forum thread no.5. with a lot of trial and error efforts,

I think only Tony or some others who were there with him in the initial days can give us info about the first forum thread. The section names also had undergone changes over the years.

Thanks Venketeswaran Ji!
    We are seeing light at the end of the tunnel!
    About to hit the target now!! Just reached No 5.
    Unexplained Mystery is going to uncover shortly……..

Yes, I did come across that thread via Tony Sir's scoreboard, which is where I looked first. I also tried putting the number 1 in the URL in the browser but some keyword is also required to put in the URL in order to get the complete thread.

For those interested in seeing the old template refer: https://web.archive.org/web/20070824230535/http://www.indiastudychannel.com:80/resources/106-Interview-Tips.aspx

I came across this site when I started the hunt and when I clicked on the 'Discussion Forum' tab there, came across this post of June 2007 -
    http://www.indiastudychannel/resources/106-Interview-Tips.aspx

However, that page does not exist anymore here and the ID no. shows as 106. So we need to dig further back, earlier than June 2007, to find that elusive first forum thread! Likely it was a thread which Tony Sir posted to invite members to register and earn. I even tried to locate it via the list of members, but it took up too much of my time, so left the search.

I have just unearthedthe froumthread no.4: It is actually categorise a Resources. The thread is not available in ISC .
    But I am giving the snapshot taken from webarchives.
    The forum thread no. 3 is titled "Nursing colleges in Karanataka - High court stops admission". But I am not able to find the thread nor an archived snapshot.,

ISC-old-thread-screen-print.doc

Delete Attachment

Keep going! This is jolly good fun. I would love to zealously spend time on this, but work calls... I am sure you will discover thread no.1 before Tony Sir replies to my message & unearths it for us. Is there a site map of ISC anywhere which, perhaps, could help us out with this?

The first few posts must be some test messages and they no longer exist on the site. Here is the oldest post that still exists on the website.
    regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

So I gave the right answer that the first message would have been test message from the webmaster Tony and that was confirmed by himself . So we can take the old post of webmaster as first post.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

A nice search into genealogy of the forum posts. There are a few school posts from March 2007

I found this thread from our webmaster under discussion Forums/ISC announcements Post old question papers and make pocket money !. This could be forum post 33 but the responses given by members are numbered #93,#96 etc

This threadMr.Abdul Kalam Interest and Awards, from 30th Nov 2007 has the headings as discussion forums/general/miscellaneous. This is the earliest I could get in the common headings we use for forum.

I thank all the members responded to this thread.

The end was a bit of a dampener! I thought the first thread would be something really exciting, like the grand announcement of the launch of ISC in e-space.

It is not a dampener. I could reach and locate the forum post no.4 and give the title of no.3. As the old data had been removed from the data base we could not locate the first forum thread. There were posts even before forum section started.
    I Many members would have tried to search old posts and this thread would have enthused and encourages many members to go into the archived data.
    Let this encourage and enthuse members to re- find their own first forum thread.

• Sign In to post your comments