You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Pranab's message Independent India's origin is from Pluralism but not from single religion

The whole country interestingly waited for the speech of our Ex-president Mr.Pranab Mukharjee at the RSS Head Quarters in Nagapur. Especially the TV media hyped about this particular event which was slated on 7th of June. Mr.Pranab in his speech clearly specified that Independent India's origin is from pluralism and with the help of many people of different religions are involved in it. He acknowledged Nationalism is first and not religion. He also mentioned 'intolerance will only dilute our national identity'. "India's national hood is not from one language and one religion". He emphasized that India is a country of seven major religions, three major ethnic groups live under one system, one flag and one identity. So his speech is focused on Nationalism and hope his well-matured thought is a good message for all Indians and for all political parties.
    Pranab-babu has stressed on Bharatiyata or Indianness. He stressed on one flag, one nation. It is a tight slap to the secessionists/urban Naxals/liberals who say and support ''Bharat tere tukde honge, inshallah''
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

And the message was on expected lines. We know our former President wont create any situation that would lead to commotion and deliberations. His speech at the Nagpur RSS headquarters was well written and as per the expectations of even Congress leaders. Once the former President, he has the compulsion to tow the main principles of our Indian constitution and has the responsibility to talk sensibly at a time the entire world was eagerly waiting for his much awaited speech. For the information of the ISC members, the Pranab RSS meet visit was trolling as the 4th major event on Internet yesterday.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The Ex-President showed maturity in his speech. It was a good speech telling about Unity in Diversity. Indians are from various religions, castes and creeds. But at the top, they are all Indians. This is a really good message to the people who advertise the division of the country. He indirectly hinted that we don't want to lose an inch of this country whatever may be the reason. The message not to any single party, it is to all. Indirectly he told don't overlook some people and give importance to some people in the guise of Secularism. Take care of all the people equally. This is a fact and no one can say it is not correct. All ready congress is happy and advising the ruling party to follow what Ex President said. But I feel all political parties including Congress should learn from this and stop dividing people in the name of religion and caste. They should not encourage caste and religion based politics for spinning the votes.
    drrao
    always confident

I think the other secular party like Congress should learn from this incident. The underrated Gentleman from Congress and the Ex president of India Mr. Pranav Mukherjee has said the very basic thing. It is nothing new and we all know it. Even though so much ressitance from Congress not to attained the RSS meeting, he attended it, itself a big lesson to so called secular party. What he said goes to every political party, it is only to see that how Congress party digest it.

I hope the parties would stop playing divisive caste politics and communal politics. I hope the opposition leadeer are listening.

Perhaps Mr. Pranab Mukharjee, had never been criticized so much as we have evident of during the last few days. Few were very desperate like the Congress party itself & the leftist but for sure this will create some soft platform for the RSS which has been projected as a hardliner along with other not suited terms.

What I think that Pranab da would have changed his speech at the last minute not to invite wrath from the Congress party and thus his speech was more or less said which was on the lines every Independence day.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Pranab Mukherjee, Ex-President of India, was invited by the RSS to attended their function. He accepted and attended the function much to the consternation of the Congress Party and his own daughter Ms. Sharmishta.

1. In the function, Mr.Pranab Mukherjee said among many other things that "This Nation and Nationalism was not bound by geography, language, religion, or race. As Gandhiji explained Indian nationalism was not exclusive, nor aggressive, nor destructive. It was this Nationalism that Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru so vividly expressed in the 'Discovery of India', and I quote, "I am convinced that Nationalism can only come out of the ideological fusion of Hindu, Muslim, Sikh and other groups in India. That does not mean that extinction of any real culture of any group, but it does mean a common national outlook, to which other matters are subordinated". In the process of our movement against British Rule, the various anti-colonial, anti-British and mostly progressive movements across the length and breadth of the country were unified into a cohesive national struggle for freedom, keeping the feeling of patriotism above their individual, ideological and political leanings.
    "Our national identity has emerged through the principle of coexistence and multiplicity of cultures. This is what makes India special. We derive our strength from pluralism and diversity. Any attempt of defining our national identity through dogma, religion, and intolerance will only lead to the dilution of our national identity."

2. Mr. Pranab Mukharjee, as per the programme was supposed to talk before Mr. Bhagat. He insisted to be the last speaker and wanted to have his say and leave it. He stood his ground and spoke last.

3. Mr. Bhagat earlier said that "Pranab is Pranab and Sangh is Sangh" indicating the situation that whatever Mr.Pranab says is his own. The Visuals remain and the speeches will be drowned.

4. The RSS gained with the participation of Mr.Pranab Mukharjee. The otherwise discrete function came to limelight with the media beaming the function live. The RSS garnered the attention of the people which it wanted to.

5. Ms. Sharmishta tweeted that the presence of his father will give the BJP and the RSS a handle to plant false stories. As suspected by her the morphed photos of Mr. Pranab Mukharjee performing the RSS salute along with its leaders is already going viral on the social media. While the RSS leaders are performing their usual salute, Mr. Pranab Mukharjee was seen standing with his hands by his side in the live coverage.

" Be Good and Do Good "

The participation of Shri Pranab Mukherjee in the RSS event signifies that democracy is all-inclusive. Indian intelligentsia can't further afford to ostracize a bigh nationalistic organisation like RSS which works selflessly at the time of all disasters or national emergency like foreign invasion. The stress given by Pranab-babu on nationalism and his view against divisive policy is a lesson to the parties who play divisive political game in the name of caste and community.

I feel Mr. KVRR has forgotten to ad some important part, anyway I am mentioning it here. Mr. Mukherjee invited for the memorial of KB Hedgewar, the founder of the RSS. As Mr. Mukherjee wrote in the visitor book - "Today I came here to pay my respect and homage to a great son of Mother India,"

The above mentioned words says the entire story of what has been wrongly said about RSS many a time by the so called secular Congress and their blind supporters. As the president of congress often say it loudly that they will always stood against the RSS and BJP, this incident and visiting by a veteran congress leader to RSS camp is a big slap!

What kind of secularism wants to prove by the Congress, for that they wanted to stop Mukherjee visit?

Sir, it was not in the speech which Mr. Pranab Mukharjee delivered at the function.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

I feel RSS also helped Ex President into the news again by inviting him and asking him to deliver a speech. Otherwise, he was very silent and all these days nobody discussed him also. With this move, even he was thought as an alternative to opposition parties for PM post to contest against Modi. That is why I say both RSS and Pranab made some gains.
    drrao
    always confident

Mr KVRR, your point number 4 and 5 nowhere look like you are talking about Pranav Mukherjee speech! You have taken so much pain to write all about what you wanted.

However, the word "Son of Mother India" to an RSS founder from a very well known leader from Congress and ex-President of India, is something to think about.

Mr.Jeets, I will certainly think about what Mr.Pranab Mukherjee said about the 'Son of India'. For that matter, we are all the sons of 'Mother India'. Here I can write what I think only and that is what I did. Why don't you elaborate on the great son of India, Mr. Hegdewar?
    " Be Good and Do Good "

KVRR, rightly said, we all are "Son of Mother India". So what you thought about? Do let us know. You are just a Congress supporter, you could never think positive about RSS, here a Congress veteran leader and well known person has uttered something positive for RSS. Don't you think as if the Sun has risen from the "west"?

I would certainly elaborate and write the moment you will come up for RSS founder next time. Lets wait and watch till the time.

With his political acumen, Pranab-babu has understood that the policy of the other political parties to ostracize a nationalistic and big organization like RSS is not good for the nation. People don't like it. The political leaders with very low level of intellect have not yet understood it.

Mr. Pranab Mikhrjee very clearly said that "Our national identity has emerged through the principle of coexistence and multiplicity of cultures. This is what makes India special. We derive our strength from pluralism and diversity. Any attempt of defining our national identity through dogma, religion, and intolerance will only lead to the dilution of our national identity." The RSS does not believe in what he said. Mr. Pranab Mukherjee purposefully made it for RSS to understand. He purposefully spoke last in the function to make his point and allow the people to make their own inferences. Mr. Bhagat suspected such eventuality and he said before the function that" Pranab is Pranab and Sangh is Sangh." This organization was banned once by British India and thrice after independence. Many people do not know about it and many more do not like it. This organization did not support the independence movement.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Mr. KVRR, don't be in hurry to post, at least check twice if you have pronounced the name properly to our ex-President of India.

I fail to understand why you are bringing the same personal opinion and talk?

For British, even the Bhagat Singh was terrorist and Gandhiji was a "Saint"! Let us not talk about what British said or did. Whether RSS believe it or not, it is your personal opinion and can not be a truth. Neither you have taken any interview of any RSS people. So, just your opinion can not be go with majority of people.

There are some people in India who can't see the good work by RSS but will ready to tag them terrorist. However, the same people keep silent when some other religion people will talk nonsense.

I feel only those people who does not like the working of RSS, does not know them.

The undigested part from Congress and congress supporter is even though party people tried to stop Mr. Mukherjee, he went straight and showed the real secular example.

During every disaster, RSS volunteers reach the spot sometimes much earlier than even Government agencies. They serve selflessly without discriminating on the basis of caste and community. But they are always maligned by self-serving political groups, the reason behind this is known to one and all.

Pranab Mukherjee has acknowledged this nationalistic and selfless service of RSS. It is quite natural that some political people are angry. But who bothers about their anger?

Let me focus on Freedom Struggle, at least those people who post the content for what they feel true without going into fact!

K. B. Hedgewar, the founder of RSS, personally participated in India's freedom struggle. Even our ex-PM Atal Bihari worked in Shakhas of RSS also participated in freedom struggle. So was other RSS people.

For some people who has poor history knowledge. The Muslim League of Jinnah, ILP of Ambedkar, Hindu Mahasabha of Savarkar, Justice party of EV Ramas'swamy are some organisations who did not participated in freedom movement but their follower did. There may be definitely a reason for that but just to malign Hindu group RSS one should not talk the half truth!

When you talk something talk it complete, just because you do not like someone does not mean you throw something which is not fact but your personal opinion.

RSS has said that former president Pranab Mukherjee, in his speech at the organisation headquarters at Nagpur, reminded the glorious history of the nation while highlighting inclusiveness, pluralism and unity in diversity as the foundation of India.

On the other hand, Pranab-babu has praised K.B. Hedgewar as a true son of Mother India, but at the same time, he has made India's seculars and liberals angry.

" Be Good and Do Good "

When I was in 5th class I studied in RSS type of school which was situated in East Godavari District Komarigiri Patnam A.P.RSS have certain ideologies like making Sanskrit as National language and in our school we had Sanskrit as the main subject but I doubt people who sat in the dais know fluent Sanskrit Language Mohan Bhagwat speaks Hindi/Urdu in the Meeting (I guess).RSS is deviating from its own ideologies and how can people believe them. One Language, One Country, One Religion is just a trash that you will know in coming days.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

When one try to justify someone or something, they should first look into their own opinion. You can not have controversial opinion about North India and South India/ Tamil and Hindi language and talking about one Country? This is not an honest opinion.

How is South India a controversial word? The father of constitution Dr.Ambedkar told there is a lot of gap between North and South People and the differences will widen more in coming days so he proposed a second national capital in South India and one more thing why you want to make differences among South Indians by dragging the Tamil language. You know South Indian Bank founded by Keralites, Dravidian University in Chittoor A.P, Udupi hotels(South Indian dishes) from Karnataka and South Indian film chamber in Tamil Nadu and finally, from polythene cover to shopping malls all are named as South India. You know there is a SICA (South India culture Association) celebrated every year in Ravindra Bharathi Hyderabad.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Jeet doesn't be in hurry to post you wrote my name as Bhusan it should be Bhushan. Last but not the least in recent parliament discussion on constitution day the member of parliamentarians from south especially from Telangana proposed supreme court in South India because people from the south have to travel a lot of hearing cases which are pending in the Supreme court Delhi.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.