You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

An excellent place for south Indian dishes.

I had been to almost all the vegetarian restaurants in Hyderabad and Secunderabad. I have tasted food in star hotels also. I liked the south Indian dishes served at Minerva Coffee Shop in Himayat Nagar Hyderabad. The place is always crowded and one has to wait for 15 to 20 minutes to get a table in the hotel. But I always feel it is worth waiting there. The tiffins that are served here excellent in tasty and good ambiance and nicely maintained hygiene. I like the Button Idly with Sambar very much here. The Ravva Dosa is a special item here. If somebody likes to have a tasty dosa in Hyderabad, I will say, it is the place. If you have a chance please visit once at least here. I hope you will relish the food here.
    Yes, I agree with the author that this particular restaurant is very famous with the locals and the family who are nearby shall go there for lunch or the dinner and getting a seat is great. The taste of the food served is very good and the ambiance is classic. Moreover most of the local elites would come there regularly, often it has become the famous place for meetings and exchanging well wishes. And most of the ladies are seen throwing kitty parties on almost daily basis and thus being the center place which can be approached from any side of the city, the hotel has become much famous.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It would have been better if the author had shared this information in this thread about a restaurant in Coimbatore.

We do find such good restaurants across the country but I personally feel that individual tastes differ. Like, for example, in both these threads, thrust has been on vegetarian dishes, then what about those who prefer non-vegetarian dishes? So, I personally feel that sharing information about individual restaurants does not actually help.

'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. - Aristotle.

• Sign In to post your comments