You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Creative Writing

An interesting continuing chain story writing to show off your creativity skill

Members,
    To keep you busy at ISC, I am creating this thread "An interesting continuing chain story writing to show off your creative ability".

What you should do - I will start with the first three lines of a story. Members should follow it by responding with the next three lines of that story like a chain. The chain writing will continue by any number of repeated responses from the members.

@The story will be ended on the 10th day (13th July) or with its 50th response whichever is earlier.

Please make it interesting. This will help to improve your creative writing and story writing ability.

Wait for me to start the story in my first response.
    "Satish and Nitya working in IT field got married on 01 July 2018. They planned to go to Switzerland(Bern) on a honey moon trip on the very next day. They were waiting in a queue for security clearance at the Bengaluru airport." ...............................................
    No life without Sun

Kiran, his childhood friend happened to be there in the queue and greeted them. Satish introduced his wife to him and they exchanged their greetings. A hurried Kiran said, "I heard about your love story, Is she the same girl, the daughter of the Tahasildar in our town?"
    Regards,
    Jagdish

Suddenly , Sunita the old friend of Nitya appeared at the spot where she is also boarding the same flight. Now Nitya has forgotten her all sorrows and shared all the intricacies of her love story with her friend. That made her to forget the queue which was fastening to board the flight.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

As it is the time to board the flight and all the four are getting onto the same flight, they thought they can continue their chat after getting onto the flight. All the four settled in their seats. The flight has taken off to Switzerland. The two gents and the two ladies some managed to get adjacent seats to continue their chat.
    drrao
    always confident

(There are 1 male and 3 females in the story. But Dr. Rao said that there are 2 males and 2 females). I am moving forward with 1 male and 3 females.)

The plane had commenced its journey from Mumbai. The married couple sat together. Kiran and Sunita sat on the other side. The journey started smoothly, but the plane started bumping at air pockets. The rain started and the plane started to vibrate. The two ladies were very scared. Nitya panicked and started shouting.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

And when the plane took the turn Kiran had a lean on the shoulders of Sunita which was seen by Nitya and could not keep quiet. Immediately she alerted Satish about the happenings and thus they are having doubts about their bonding previously too ?
    K Mohan

Members,
    Kindly alter your story as required. Satish and Nitya are couple. Kiran is a male who is a friend of Satish. Sunita is Nitya's friend. Hence, there are two males and two females in this story.

Partha should carefully read the story between the lines and understand it thoroughly. Read Jagdish Patro's response. Kiran.....Him......

As of now. All are on board. Satish & Kiran(2 males), Nitya & Sunita (2 females).

Members,
    Strictly write only three good story lines.

@Partha,
    You wrote 6 simple lines against the requested 3 lines. Kindly follow the Author's directives.

No life without Sun

No, Mr. SuN: Probably you are counting what I have written in brackets. The story shows three lines on my laptop. But the format may be different on your computer. You could have mentioned five sentences instead of three lines.

(I have made the necessary correction.)

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Okay Mr. Partha,
    Members,
    Kindly read three lines as three sentences. Lines may not be appropriate, but sentences of any length would be appropriate.

No life without Sun

Yet the doubt about Kiran vanished from her mind when she recollected his words to Satish,"Is she the same girl, the daughter of the Tahasildar in our town?"

"Has someone occupied the space earlier? If so, why didn't he reveal it to me?", she was thinking to herself. Even Satish was also feeling embarrassed to meet his friend in such an odd situation.

Regards,
    Jagdish

Suddenly there was an announcement from the pilot. "Your attention please. Owing to poor weather condition, we are diverting our flight to Mumbai Santacruz Airport. Sorry for the inconvenience." The passengers looked at each other with a grim face. ........
    No life without Sun

All their plans to go for the on going flights got jeopardized and the happiness in their face also vanished. Since the flight is diverted to Mumbai, they are more worried as they had to get stranded at the airport for the reason of heavy rains in Mumbai Metro..
    K Mohan

Sun, for this type of activity it is not advisable to keep it going for 10 days. It is better to keep it short for about 2 or 3 days maximum since it is a chain story. With members not having a restriction on the number of responses, the thread will become over lengthy and the story itself will turn tedious.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

There also seems to be a confusion about the genders of the characters! Furthermore, it is advisable to back-check what you have typed after submitting, checking for typo and grammar errors. What is "Switcherland"?
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Vandana,
    Got it edited as Switzerland(Bern). It was a mistake not a typo.
    Members,
    As suggested by our ME, Let us cut short the story length for five days or 33 responses whichever is earlier. Let us have an interesting thrill story.

No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.