Important: How to e-verify IT returnAll of us know that the entire process of filing of IT return is completed only when we send the ITR-V form to the Income Tax authorities. Earlier after uploading the return, the assessee had to take a printout of ITR-V, sign it and send it to the Income Tax authorities at Bengaluru. No, the system has changed. The assessee no longer required to send ITR-V by post. The return can be e-verified by the following five methods:-
1. If the assessee's bank is authorised to use this facility, the assessee can do it from his/her bank. However, it must be remembered that the PAN must be validated via KYC before using this method.
2. If the assessee's AADHAR is linked with his/her mobile number, e-verification can be done through AADHAR OTP received via SMS. I used this method for verification. I have found this method very convenient.
3. Assessees can verify the returns through Government e-filing portal (www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in) also. But please remember that in this case, the income must be less than Rs. 5 lakhs and the assessee can't claim any refund.
4. Verification of returns can be done through the designated banks' ATM also. But some experts advise us not to use this method for security reasons even if the specific bank is authorised.
5. Verification can also be done from the assessee's demat account. But in that case, the assessee has to provide the details of the depository in the portal and the depository would have to confirm the same.
So, the process has become more hassle-free. So, you don't need to visit the Post Office. Simply e-verify your return and complete the entire process.