You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: West Bengal

Didi will deliver a lecture at St Stephen's College

It has been reported that the authorities of St Stephen's college has invited the West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee to deliver a lecture sometime in August. The topic of the lecture is quite amusing- it is on development of Bengal and the present political scenario in this state. Those who are little aware about the state of affairs in West Bengal, may wonder what she is going to say there.

Because earlier people used to say what Bengal thinks today, India thinks tomorrow, but now Bengal never thinks, Bengal lost the thinking power long ago and if she tries to showcase West Bengal and her government's developmental policy as a model then she will be a laughing stock there. I do not know who selected the topic of her lecture, but as a resident of WB I am astonished that the downfall of the state administration during the past 20-25 years will be showcased yet again, as a consequence of the lecture.
    Great news! I have heard that the students of St. Stephens are overburdened with study and individual career aspirations. They will definitely get some relief from their grueling schedule.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

I think the St Stephens college administration is erred in calling West Bengal CM Mamta Banerjee to address the students in Aug. Instead they should have called a Industrialist or the sports achiever.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

May deliver something good that has been done by her government and probably she may talk about their plans to develop the country by shifting herself from state to centre. She may also discuss how their government is working for the development of the state. It is a really good recreation to the students of this particular college.
    drrao
    always confident

But will she take questions from the students? And would she label the questioner(s) Maoist(s) who would ask her uncomfortable questions, as she did to the student(s) of Presidency College when she first came to power? The video can still be found on Youtube. Sagarika Ghosh was the moderator of the programme.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

If she is really interested to talk to the students and get to know the problems , then there should be interaction session and not the mere speech to which students may not be interested.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

She might ask for the questionnaire in advance from the college and get prepared with the answers through her assistants. This is what done by leaders who cannot face the questions from the public. However, I think, Mamta is a clever and intelligent lady who can overcome any awkward situation with her answers. Let us wait and see what happens.
    No life without Sun

Yes, it is always good to wait and watch and if the students prepare a questionnaire , then they must see to the video, which Mr. Partha has reminded me once again, before the cumbersome process of setting the questions.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

• Sign In to post your comments