You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Owaisi poser to the Modi government as to why Muslims are not taken into armed forces ?

Yesterday the AIMIM party President Owaisi has raked up the issue of Modi government sidelining the Muslims by not recruiting in to the various armed forces like, CRPF, ITBP, CISF etc and thereby denying jobs. But Owaisi must know that even in armed forces getting admission is coupled with body personality, health and above all minimum education. And unfortunately most of the Muslims are not educated properly as we see lots of drop outs at early stage.Being large family in every house the boys are forced to discontinue study and go for child labour. Then how can Muslims get recruited in armed forces ?
    There is no restriction for Muslims to get a job in these armed forces also. Modi has come four years back. Before that his friendly party was only ruling the country. Why he never thought of this before? As far as I know, no changes were made by this government to the eligibility criteria for these posts. As such why this problem has cropped up know. Many times I have seen many Muslims in these armed force. Even I have interacted with them also. So there is no fact in the statement that Muslims are sidelined by this Government.
    Again suitability of the candidate to the post is also important. We can't select candidates based on their caste and religion. It is the security of the country. So the selection should be strictly based on the eligibility criteria. As such blaming the government unnecessarily is never acceptable and should not be encouraged.

drrao
    always confident

Mohan, let us ignore people like Owaisi and be reactive to facts. Are you aware of the selection process to the Armed Forces? All that you have brought forward for discussion is simple crap. Aversion to a particular community should not take such dangerous diversions. At the cost of being labelled a liberal, I must say that you have got it all wrong.
    'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. - Aristotle.

Who said I am averse to particular community and in fact I have more number of friends from that community.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The Muslim leader should know that it was BJP that selected Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, a Muslim by birth for the post of the Supreme Commander of the Armed forces of India. According to my understanding, Muslims are not turning up for selection to armed forces as they are fed well by the outside forces.
    No life without Sun

Not only Owaisi, but many liberals also raise this issue. Who would make them understand that Indian Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force) recruit Indians after a rigorous recruitment process and there is no reservation in the Armed Forces? Perhaps these liberals (including Owaisi) want reservation for some particular communities.

We must note this demand/complaint and identify and remember these liberals. They are hell-bent to destroy the Armed Forces.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

These things do crop up during election times. Since BJP is branded as anti-Muslim, many Muslim leaders stoke up controversies to stay afloat. As long as the politics of appeasement continues, this will go on. How many of us have heard a politician referring to the common mass as the Indian? They always try to brand the crowd either on the basis of religion, caste, economic status or their percentage of population. This divide and rule policy must end for our real progress. Most of the progress are shown in paper only, in reality nothing happens. Why few communities remained minority even after 70 years of independence? What really minority is, is it only related to the percentage of total population or just a brand name? Nobody has a proper answer.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Yes Sankalan, I am also agreeing with your view point. It is the high time, there need be a new definition of Minorities.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan Sir, Just my thoughts
    I am not comfortable with the second part of your thread in relation to the title. We all can have strong personal views about any community but we cannot make general statements about a particular community regarding poor education or be forced into child labour in a forum like ours.

With regards to the topic, there have always been questions asked recently the percentage of Muslims in the Indian Army every few years. If someone in authority, the Government or the Military forces publish the figures in the papers, then it would put an end to such questions and statements

There is no restriction or bias for recruitment to armed forces for any community or religious group. People who raise such concerns in public speeches should be in fact punished for misleading and invoking the masses for getting cheap popularity.

Who does not know about Abdul Hameed who did a great job of gallantry during India Pskistan war?

Indian Muslims are patriotic and law abiding. It is only some timid Muslim leaders who are misleading, invoking and instigating them simply for their own vested interests.

It is high time that Govt should stop all short of reservation for any community or caste and let the capable persons from all the corners of the country join the Govt offices or private institutions or the armed forces as per their interest and qualification.

Knowledge is power.

"With regards to the topic, there have always been questions asked recently the percentage of Muslims in the Indian Army every few years. If someone in authority, the Government or the Military forces publish the figures in the papers, then it would put an end to such questions and statements"-------------Mr. Natarajan: I beg to differ.

I have already stated that recruitment in armed forces are strictly on the basis of merit and not on the basis of religion. There is no concept of reservation in armed forces recruitment or promotion. As such the armed forces don't maintain data on the religious profile of soldiers.

Now, let us talk about the Muslims in armed forces. Air-Chief Marshal Idris Latif passed away very recently. He rose to the very top in the Air Force. Nobody asked about his religion. In Army, I can name at least two Muslim officers who rose to the rank of Area Commander (very senior Lt.-Generals; Lt. Gen. PM Haritz was very recently Area Commander-Southern Command) and at least three Lt.-Generals who rose to become Corps Commander. Even a Muslim Lt. General (Lt. Gen. Ata Hasnain) was the Corps Commander of XV (Chinar) Corps very recently. XV Corps is the largest Corps of the world (it itself is larger than Indian Navy) and it looks after Kashmir.

But who will explain these to the liberals and communals like Owais?

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

• Sign In to post your comments