You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

Articles on Foreign tourism

Hi. I went through the description of articles section in ISC. It is mentioned that the travel and tourism section includes article related to Indian tourism and travel in India. So, it means the members are allowed to write only Indian tourism in that section? Do we allowed to write about the places out of countries? Is there any separate section to it?
    Nothing like that, you can go ahead and create articles on foreign countries and foreign tourism but mention a connection between India and that country. When you glorify and promote the tourism of other country make sure a comparative study of the Indian tourist spots too. That way many number of articles can be written. Or you can write a article of the first hand information being visited by a Indian visitor to a particular country , nation or a famous tourist spot of that country. What I feel that as long as you maintain the Indian flavor in every article ,there is no question of rejecting the same.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

This will require clarification from the concerned editors as this is a matter where the policies of this site are to be followed.

Even if it is agreed, the author may be required to include the educational facilities in that part of the foreign country so that the Indian students who desire to get their education from outside may be benefitted with that information.

Anyway, these are only our wild guesses. Let us wait for directions from the ISC management.

Knowledge is power.

As an occasional contributor in the Articles section, I feel that there is need to include some more categories/sub-categories. Foreign tourism is certain of the categories which are required to be included in the list. The concerned Editor may kindly consider the proposal of the author. I support the proposal of inclusion of foreign tourism as a sub-category under the category of Travel & Tourism.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

I am still waiting for the response from the Article section editors.
    Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Srimathi,

Although the heading of the travel & tourism category mentions India, you can submit articles related to foreign tourism. The articles can be posted in the sub-category of Tourist Attractions. We have had a member submitting articles related to Singapore. However, please wait till I confirm this from the Webmasters and, if it is Ok, also suggest to change the main heading text of the Travel & Tourism category to include foreign destinations as well.

It is not necessary to give an Indian connect to the article, nor necessary to give information on educational facilities in a tourism-related article since it is not related. However, you could give a link to our Study Abroad section to the page of the particular country if that is present in the section. Education-based articles of foreign countries, if any, should be submitted in the Study Abroad sub-category of the main Education category.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Thank you for ur clarification mam. requesting you to keep this thread open until further clarifications and approval you receive and convey from web master.
    Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Srimathi,

ISC do allow general articles and content related to foreign tourism. However, my recommendation is, you post travel articles on our sister site www.indiatravelblog.com. Since ISC is an educational website, we pay lower amount for non-education topics. In IndiaTravelBlog, we pay much higher amount for travel related articles.

regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Thank you for your clarity and suggestion sir.
    Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.