You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Eagerly waiting for the new book of my favourite English author

He has become very old. I read his last book more than five years ago (I haven't read his biography released in 2015 though). I thought he has stopped writing forever. But no, only yesterday I came to know that he has written another novel and it is going to be released in September of this year.

I have not delayed for a second. I have pre-ordered this book in Amazon. Now eagerly waiting to read 'The Fox' by Frederick Forsyth. I am the fan of this great story-teller (who is an expert on terrorism and lone wolf), since the day I started 'The Day of the Jackal' way back in 1985, after my X+II Examination.
    The author has shared a good information about the forthcoming book of a great writer of this century.

Frederick Forsyth is the writer of so many best selling books as - The Day of the Jackal, The Odessa File, The Fourth Protocol, The Dogs of War, The Devil's Alternative, The Fist of God, Icon, The Veteran, Avenger, The Afghan, The Cobra, The Kill List etc. and is a very popular writer across the globe.

I have read only a few of those but he is the best among the spy and thriller writers. He was formerly a spy himself though he worked as a journalist and commentator also.

Knowledge is power.

Those who have the yearning to read good books are sure to wait for that moment and author has been waiting for Frederick Forsyth writing again for his next book. But the author seems to be expert on telling the intricacies of terrorism subject which seems to be very interesting. Now I request this author Partha to share some important observations Frederick has made in his earlier book on terrorism so that we can also come to know that want kind of terrorism which bothers the entire mankind across the world. And he can also throw light on lonely wolf for the benefit of those who have not read that book.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Mohan: It is lone wolf-not lonely wolf. This term is used to indicate a criminal/terrorist, who operates alone. As he/she operates alone and there is no group which helps him/her, it is very difficult for the police to capture the terrorist/criminal before he/she commits the crime and kills people.
    In Forsyth's almost all books, the criminal operates alone. Please start with 'The Day of the Jackal', a remarkable book, which has not lost its popularity even 47 years after its first release.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Great information shared by the author and I shall go through the "The day of the Jackal" book surely.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

A superb movie was also made by the same name based on his book - 'The Day of the Jackal'.
    When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Gypsy: I have not watched the movie. But the book has created a new taste. Even now, I read it. Frederick Forsyth has inspired an entire generation of spy-thriller writers including Indians like Mukul Deva, S. Hussain Zaidi, Brajesh Singh and many others.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

• Sign In to post your comments