You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Did you remember this hero on the Vijay Divas?

On 26th July, we celebrated Vijay Divas to commemorate kicking out the Pakistani soldiers belonging to different battalions of Northern Light Infantry (NLI) in 1999. Initially, Indians thought that some terrorists entered the Indian side of the border and remained in the heights of Kargil, which had been left by the Indian soldiers at the beginning of winter. But later it was proved that regular Pakistani soldiers will full logistical back-up were at Kargil heights.

Indian Army learnt the lesson very quickly from the initial setbacks. The first victory of India in Kargil went to the kitty of 2nd Rajputana Rifles (RajRif) when this prestigious Indian Battalion kicked out Pakistani intruders from Tololing. Before Tololing, there was no victory for the Army in 1999. After Tololing, there was no defeat.

Colonel Magod Basappa Ravindranath, the then CO of 2nd RajRif, created history. He became a legend after the victory of Tololing. This legendary Vir Chakra winner died on 8th April, 2018. Very few people bothered to remember him, proving that we remember the soldiers only at the time of war or other national crisis.

How many of us did remember Col Rabindranath on this Vijay Diwas? I think nobody. This legendary soldier will remain immortal in the history of Kargil war but has already been forgotten by us, by the Indians.
    I Actually don't know others hero Because I am immensely interested in Bollywood. So I know well about Bollywood each and every hero and I also know some facts about those heroes.
    By Determination one can Accomplish anything

I can give you a clear picture about Bollywood. Whose hero name about his status. How many have done and which are they get success and which are they flop.
    By Determination one can Accomplish anything

I have been trying to discuss real heroes of India. I am not very much interested in filmy heroes. I consider them paper tigers.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Now I feel that some Members are more interested in filmy heroes that real-life heroes. The lukewarm response proves it!
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

I missed this thread. Just now only I have seen this.
    The Vijay Divas is being celebrated on 26th July every year. This is known to me. The Pakistani soldiers belonging to different battalions of Northern Light Infantry (NLI) were sent out from our premises in 1999. In memory of this, the day is being celebrated. I remember Kargil war and our victory in that war. But I don't remember this particular name of Col Rabindranath. We should salute all the heroes who made the Kargil Victory and lost their lives in that process. My salutations to all who struggled for this Kargil war.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments