You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

About Chemical Engineering

Respected Sir/Mam,
    I'm studying b.tech Chemical Engineering from Andhra Pradesh.
    I want to know that what is better for me to do in future like whether to study or job.
    In fact I must appreciate you for taking the core subject and not in the bracket of so many engineers of other streams who are unable to get jobs in right companies instead they are compromising to join in IT companies. If your PR is good, surely there would be campus recruitment at the end of fourth year and top 15 candidates have the chance to be chosen for the job. There are chances to get jobs in NFC, DRDL, IICT, ISRO for which you have to appear for GATE exam. By the way accept what ever job comes in the core company and then try for the lucrative job as per your qualifications.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Hey brother! I too am pursuing chemical engineering B.tech. It is a good field. Well....when you ask what's good for you as a career, you need to ask yourself, are you going to pursue higher education? Are you going to find a job? Are you planning to start an industry?
    My suggestion would be to write GATE or GRE, which ofcourse you would. The thing is, most chemical engineers get placed in Pharma industry with meagre salaries. It can be quite hard to settle in a career if you can't find a government job through GATE. So concentrate on your competitive entrance exams.
    Well if you wanted to study, take M.tech or MBA. You could do MS too but that would be a reasearch field. Plan according to your interests.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Good that you are studying Chemical Engineering. This specific subject is having very good potential and there are many chances for getting a job. These days the GATE score is very important and you should concentrate on GATE. Start preparing for GATE also during your Final year B.Tech and try to get a good score. Many government jobs and Jobs in Public Undertakings are given to candidates based on their performance in GATE. So the first and the foremost important thing is GATE.
    Then comes your field of interest. There are many MNCs who are paying very good salaries and talking fresh graduates. You can try for those jobs also. If your field of interest is teaching you should go for completing your M.Tech in a good college.
    If you are more interested in a career as an entrepreneur you should go for MBA from premier Institutes like IIMs or any other Business Schools. Now itself you decide on your interest and accordingly plan the further actions. That will give you a better chance of progress in the life.

drrao
    always confident

Chemical designing is a train affecting various regions of innovation. In expansive terms, synthetic architects imagine and configuration procedures to create, change and transport materials — starting with experimentation in the research facility taken after by execution of the innovation in full-scale generation.

Once you have completed your engineering, if you still feel like studying, you can go for higher studies, no issues with that. However, after engineering, if you want to do a job, you should start paying more attention to your studies now and also start exploring various companies and their requirements.

Students usually find it difficult to pursue higher studies once they start working. So, it's purely a question of your choice & interest.

"If you want to make real progress, you must give up all ideas of personal attainment".

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.