You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

My respect to the young man who showed thousands of people the correct way

During the thirties, the posters were very simple. These posters were written on the cheapest papers. The ink was arranged hurriedly. The language was simple. But these simple posters created a reign of terror in the minds of British in the district of Midnapore (now Medinipur). The posters used to say: "Medinipur-ke magistrate-sunno thakite hoibe" (Midnapore must remain without District Magistrate). And they did it. They scored a very famous hat-trick. Paddy, Doglous, Berge-three successive British Magistrates of Midnapore were assassinated by the revolutionaries.

In 1942, Midnapore again did it. There was no sign of British administration in the district during the 'Quit India' movement. Matangini Hazra became a martyr at an age of seventy-two.

Tamluk sub-division of the district declared independence and remained independent from the British during December 17, 1942 to August 8, 1944. The Government of Tamluk stopped functioning only due to the request of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.

How did the quiet, Maths-loving people of the district get so much courage? The feeble teenager had shown the way in 1908.

My profound respect to the teenager from Tamluk, Khudiram Bose on his day of martyrdom. On this day in 1908, Khudiram was hanged to death. At the time of death, he was only 18 years 8 months old. But his death created thousands of Khudiram all over Bengal, particularly in his district (Midnapore) and in his sub-division (Tamluk).
    I take the bow to express my deep respect the great martyr Khudiram Bose who was hanged to death at the young age but his path of correcting people to assert their rights was achieved and even after 110 years when we are remembering means that shows the great courage and gusto against the mighty Britishers at that young age. For the first time I came across the fact that Tamluk sub division already asserted its Independence well become India actually got Independence and I fail to understand as to why Mahatma Gandhi has to stop the functioning of Tamluk government ?
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Mohan: You have touched on the main issue. Please don't ask the question here. Gandhi-lovers may be very angry. If I try to give the answer with my limited knowledge, I would be .........!
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

There were many people who were instrumental in making the fight successful against the Britishers. These people were selfless and did not care even for their life when the question of freedom movement came in the front.

We must show our respect to these martyrs like Khudiram and many others whose contribution in Indian History will never be forgotten.

Knowledge is power.

I pay my respects to Khudiram Bose on his day of martyrdom. Many people like this sacrificed their lives for the country's independence. But the history of such people was not known to many of the Indians. The selfless people who have sacrificed their lives for the country's independence never got any credit for their sacrifice.
    I want to thank the author for making us know about this person who fought for the country and lost his life at the age of 18 years 8 months.

drrao
    always confident

It is the duty of all of us to know about these great personalities who have been gradually forgotten. The young people of India must know the sacrifices they made for this great country.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

• Sign In to post your comments