The highlights of the PM's 83 minutes speech are mentioned below:-
1. India will be the engine of growth for the world economy for the next three decades as the "sleeping elephant" has started to run on the back of structural reforms like GST.
2. Till 2014, India was among fragile five economies but today the world is seeing it as a destination of multi-billion dollar investment. The narrative has changed. Before 2014, the global institutions used to say the Indian economy was risky but today the same institutions and people believe that reform momentum would give strength to fundamentals.
3. If the work continued at the pace that was prevalent in 2013, it would have taken one or two more decades to electrify all villages, 100 years to provide LPG gas connections to all and generations to take optic fibre to villages.
4. The Government fulfilled the promise to provide 50 percent more than the cost of production for Kharif crops to farmers and is on the way to achieve the target of doubling farm income by 2022.
5. Triple Talaq has caused great injustice among Muslim women. The Government is trying to end this practice but there are some people who are not wanting it to end. The PM assured the Muslim women that the Government would work to ensure justice is done to them.
6. Tripura, Meghalaya and many parts of Arunachal Pradesh are witnessing historic peace. "From 126, Left Wing Extremism is restricted to 90 districts. We are working to ensure peace across the nation".
7. In today's India there is no place for nepotism. Delhi's streets are free from power brokers. From the voice of power brokers, the voice of the poor is heard.
8. The honest taxpayer of India has a major role in the progress of the nation. It is due to them that so many people are fed, the lives of the poor are transformed.
Beware! I question everything and everybody.