You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Have you donated some sum towards Kerala flood relief fund?

Members,
    The God's own country suffered lot due to incessant rain and overflow of dams in Kerala. Many have died due to fast flood and landslides. Still Kerala continues to reel under the flood water. Many villages and towns have submerged. Many have taken shelter in relief camps.

A huge sum is required to rehabilitate the flood affected people. It is time for the people of other states to render help in the form of donation to the Chief Ministers distress relief fund. Prime Minister Modi has sanctioned Rs. 500 crore after his visit to kerala for an aerial survey, in addition to the 100 crores sanctioned earlier. Also he has sanctioned ex gratia amount of Rs. 2 Lakh to the Next of Kin of the dead, and Rs.50000/- to the injured.

I have already donated a small sum of Rs. 1000/- for the purpose. What about you? Please donate generously.

The address to send your donation :
    CM's Distress Relief Fund
    SBI Bank A/c No. 67319948232
    IFSC - SBIN0070028
    State Bank of India, Trivandrum.

You can verify this address by browsing the net for 'Chief Ministers flood relief fund'.
    Our boss is organizing to send cash and material through their religious association on a big way and my contribution would also be there as the cash and material are to be personally given in Kerala.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan,
    Let us know what is your contribution through ISC boss? Have you sent some sum or assured some sum?

No life without Sun

Dear ISC boss,
    As of now, I have a balance of Rs. 215/- (Rupees Two hundred Fifteen only) in my ISC Account. You may kindly take it to donate to the flood affected people of Kerala.

Other members too can post their willingness here to donate their ISC balance for Kerala distress. Hope ISC will accept it.

ISC can also take the Revenue Share Bonus of Rs. 10000/-of July which is scheduled to be distributed on 1st of September, for the good cause. Hope members won't have any objection. Members, please give your consent here.

No life without Sun

Actually I am new to this member if I had some amount I could contribute it but I have only 57 rupees .i wanted to contribute much. But due to I have joined recently I don't have enough balance.
    By Determination one can Accomplish anything

Syed Heena Raj,
    Apart from Rs. 57, you can also donate a good sum through your bank, if you wish. Remember, only small drops make heavy flood. Like that, if many Heena's contribute their small sum, It would be a huge sum.

No life without Sun

We have given some household toiletries, biscuits etc for the collection drive that has been held at our apartment complex.
    Some may not be comfortable in disclosing the amount donated and I feel we should not ask for the amount details too.

ISC is not involved in any fund raising for Kerala flood. Please contribute through the state official channels like Kerala Chief Minster's Distress Relief Fund
    regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Kerala is fast recovering.
    The people of Kerala have always been and are still part of our success story –Sheik Mohammed Bin Al Maktoom, the Prime Minister of United Arab Emirates (UAE)
    Sheik Khalifa Bin Zyaid Al Nahyan, the President of UAE has instructed to form a National Emergency Committee to provide relief assistance to the affected people.
    Dollars/NRI money is pouring in to Kerala faster than flood waters!
    Thanks to PM Modi's international diplomacy.
    Hope Kerala will be brought back to normalcy very soon

Don’t remember forgetting to remember anything

I am donating through my boss and that would be rupees 1000, clothes, tooth paste, powder, and other items which are being collected from the members of the community.
    K Mohan

One day salary has been deducted from my pay by the Organisation I am working. The total amount so collected will be sent to CM relief fund by our HR department either on Monday or Tuesday. My sons also donated some money and collected by their organisation which will be sent to the same fund by their organisations. We all should donate generously to help the needy now. I think everyone will come forward for the cause of saving the victims and helping them.
    drrao
    always confident

While I appreciate the Members' sincere efforts in collecting money, materials and food-items, I also urge them to see whether these items are being sent to the proper place for utilization by the genuinely needy people. It is also a must.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Response deleted due to misunderstanding.
    No life without Sun

During this trying time, Kerala has also seen acts of incredible generosity, compassion and humanity. While financial and material aid is coming from all over the country, two children from Kochi have donated money to the Chief Minister flood relief from their piggy bank. Harron and Diya, the children of Kochi residents Sidhique Mallassery and Fathima Sidhique, had been saving up money in their piggy bank for the past two years to buy a study table. But they have donated the entire amount kept in their Piggy Bank to the Chief Minister's Relief Fund.

Many other children are forcing their parents to purchase groceries and other essential items for donating these items to the flood-ravaged people.

Are we going to learn from our children?

I am right, Sun you have no brain to understand what I said. Here our boss which I referred as my boss where I am working and not Tony. And I always referred webmaster or Tony by name. So take back your words or delete.
    K Mohan

Mohan,
    Sorry, I don't know what went wrong with me. I have now deleted my response. Kindly delete your response too, if you wish.

No life without Sun

Members,
    What is your share towards Kerala's flood relief. We all are discussing this issue very seriously at ISC without sharing anything to help the flood affected people of Kerala. Our voice and noise won't reach and help them. Some sort of assistance is required for them. Members, How have you shared and helped the flood affected Keralites or the Kerala Government?

No life without Sun

Mr. SuN: I understand your sentiment. But I don't feel comfortable to mention what I am doing for flood-affected people. I am doing as per my ability, but it is not required to be mentioned in public forum. I am sure many other Members also feel likewise.

ISC is a transparent site. Hence the transparency of members will be highly appreciated. It may not be self boasting, but to know how good ISCian you are! Be free and frank to tell what you are!
    No life without Sun

Me along with my relatives went with cloths and money to be handed over to the Kerala Samajam which is organizing to accept relief materials. But to our surprise they are insisting new clothes and not used clothes. But accepting money. They wanted volunteers to rush to Kerala with plumbers, carpenters and electricians who may set right the things urgently required. So it is the government which must organize those persons from every state to rush to Kerala and mitigate their problems. Therefore my request to general public not to donate used clothes as it wont be accepted and waste.
    K Mohan

As far as dress sense is concerned, Keralites are very particular about it. They may remain with a simple Mundu and Thundu(Dhothi & Towel) but won't put on garments used by others. Hence the donors have been advised to donate new clothes to them. I thought of donating my good old dresses to them, but I dropped that idea after their request through media.
    No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.