You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Want to know about Amaravati

Now Andhra Pradesh has been divided into two states, Seemandhra and Telengana. Later the name Seemandhra has been discarded. The state is now known as Andhra Pradesh. It was also decided that the capital of Telengana would be Hyderabad and the capital of Andhra Pradesh will be Amaravati. Till such time the new capital is developed, Hyderabad would continue as the capital of Andhra Pradesh also.

I would like to know what is the present position of the development and construction of Amaravati. Has the new capital started functioning? Have some State Government offices shifted to the new capital? What about the destruction of nature in the new capital (sometime back, I read a report on the issue). More importantly, where is the Chief Minister Shri Chandrababu Naidu stationed? Has he shifted his base to the new capital?

Members may kindly furnish the update.

The Andhra Pradesh government shifted to Amaravati long back. I think it is more than two years. All government offices are shifted there. CM Chandra Babu changed his residence to Amaravathi. Some temporary buildings were constructed and even assembly meetings are happening there only. Now Hyderabad is no more a capital of AP. There is no necessity for the people to come here for government works. There is no major problem because of floods or rains in this area so far this 2 or 3 years. Some Universities and some other institutions started working there.
    The construction work is going on. Probably in another 2 years, the whole city will become completely built up. If 2019 brings Babu back to power the building work of this city will go in further fast phase. Vijayawada, Guntur and Amarvathi will get combined and will become the Capital of Andhra Pradesh.

drrao
    always confident

Amaravati (Guntur District) is the new capital of Andhra Pradesh.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Actually as per the bifurcation agreement, the AP stands to use the offices in Hyderabad and they can live here until permanent structure is made. But having parted ways, Chandrababu Naidu shifted his base, his family has been shifted to Vijayawada and so the entire staff of AP Secretariat were shifted to temporary capital near Amravati and thus started functioning long back. But a grand capital is being constructed with the consortium of companies drawn from various countries especially the Singapore and once made, Amravati will be eye sore to the entire country and would beat any state for its architecture and facilities.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Not Vijayawada it is Guntur district. Velagapudi village where temporary capital is built comes under Guntur District. The permanent capital Amaravati is also in Guntur District.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

I believe the distance between the Guntur , Vijayawada is just 40 kilometers and if Tenali also included, it would be tri cities surrounding the new capital.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The name of the Capital city of new Andhra Pradesh sounds good. I think, Amaravathi means immortal and will live forever. It sounds better than Hyderabad which is not that good, and sounds like a foreign urdu name. I am quite sure if Mr. CB Naidu wins election next time, he will make it a dream city than any other metropolis in India. It will have its own name and fame. Andhra means Amaravathi now.
    No life without Sun

And what about the name of the state? Is it Seemandhra or Andhra Pradesh?
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

A part of the state has been bifurcated the newly formed state is Telangana. As people of Andhra region want a separate state in 1972's for that 200 + students killed in police firing but the center did n't listen...When Andhra Pradesh was formed there is no Hyderabad state(not purely Telangana) in that newly formed state(Andhra Pradesh) later it was merged. Potti Sri Ramulu who fast unto death for a separate state(with the principle of the same language people should reside in one state) and it is the root cause of Linguistic states in South India and even for Maharastra and Gujarat(previously it is called MahaGujarat).

What is the question and what is the answer! I sought some simple information about the state and its new capital. The last response is totally irrelevant.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

• Sign In to post your comments