You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Is it a good breakfast to keep our blood sugar under control?

Members,
    What do you say if I say that only three (3) boiled eggs are to be eaten in the morning as breakfast to keep our blood sugar level under control. Is it a simple breakfast or heavy breakfast or average breakfast or not a good break fast for a diabetic or in general?

@ I shall come back with some information after reading your good responses.
    I was told by the diabetic control doctors, chemists and also experienced patients that if one eats the food in small quantity regularly time and again daily, he has chance to maintain the blood circulation required for body functioning. Normally diabetic patient feel weak and dis interested in many matters, but if they have some good food in the morning, that will keep them happy and working up to afternoon. Again they should have some food in the noon. By evening they feel like hungry, have some snacks and finally the dinner . So four time mini meal is good for maintaining the diabetic health.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan,
    My good question is about three eggs for breakfast. We all know that mini meals and many break in meals keeps our system in order by controlling the blood sugar level.

Now, My question would be - Is three Idlis or three eggs a better breakfast for a diabetic?

No life without Sun

Since I am not a egg eater I may not give the right answer. But seems to be healthy diet.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Truly speaking, all responses will be based on either personal experiences or knowledge gathered from outside; and therefore might not be true in general.

However, the fact is, anything that suits the body is good and that which doesn't suit the body is bad. Our body has its own mechanism to indicate & suggest what is good & what is bad for the body. However, we are always too engaged with our mind & intellect, that we hardly hear the voice of the body.

"If you want to make real progress, you must give up all ideas of personal attainment".

Manish,
    Every individual is an expert in eating their own breakfast, brunch, lunch, snacks and dinner. All have their own experience. We need not to get trained in eating to get special experience.

Here, the simple question is - Is 3 eggs a good breakfast as experienced by you or understood by you?

No life without Sun

But why should one be so specific as to have exactly three eggs in his breakfast.

I prefer a combination of different items.

"If you want to make real progress, you must give up all ideas of personal attainment".

Manish,
    Generally, a person will not take 3 eggs in his break fast. What is harm in taking 3 eggs alone and leave the rest. Is it ideal for a diabetic or any healthy person?

No life without Sun

Even though I never tasted an egg, many of my friends used to eat egg in the breakfast along with other dishes. An egg is a good breakfast. But the quantity will be dependent on the individual. We can't generalise the issue. So how many numbers is the individual's choice but the egg is good breakfast food. An egg will keep your stomach full for a long time than general foods. So there is no problem in taking egg as a breakfast.
    drrao
    always confident

There is no relationship between blood sugar and boiled egg. A person below 40 should take three boiled eggs in breakfast. After 40, the intake of the egg must be brought down. I am a regular egg-eater, and I am saying this with responsibility.

For controlling blood sugar, carbohydrate, direct sugar and oily food must be minimized. Oats should be taken regularly.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Having eggs for breakfast keeps you full for long time than having idlis.

Earlier, consumption of large quantity of eggs were not suggested to people with diabetes because of the risk of increasing cholesterol associated with intake of eggs. People with diabetes are much prone to heart disease, so the consumption of diets with high cholesterol is restricted.

But, new findings suggest that there is no direct link between consumption of boiled eggs and cardiovascular diseases. A healthy person, even with type 2 diabetes can consume 3 eggs daily but for a healthy lifestyle the consumption has to be reduced according to age and it is better to take 2 eggs daily to maintain a strict diet.

A diet containing less carbohydrate and more fiber is always recommended for a diabetic and you can always consume few boiled eggs for breakfast. If you are middle aged then take two boiled eggs along with something that contains fiber. Oats may be a good choice for that.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Eggs have no carbohydrates, which make them good for a diabetic diet. Eating eggs alone will not cause a rise in blood sugar levels. It is what is called a ketogenic diet.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak." -Michael Garrett Marino

#646644 - "For controlling blood sugar, carbohydrate, direct sugar and oily food must be minimized. Oats should be taken regularly."

Vegetarian food is rich in carbohydrates, which the body converts into sugar, for energy. Controlling the intake of sugary foods is not enough. People with diabetes must control the intake of carbohydrates as well. That is why health experts recommend foods with low Glycemic Index to diabetes patients. They release the sugars slowly and do not cause sudden spikes in blood sugar levels.

There is a new theory doing the rounds that advocates a diet of high-fat, medium protein and low carbs, to keep sugar levels in control. Here, the body uses fats for fuel, instead of using carbs. Of course, the intake of fats has to consist of healthy fats.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak." -Michael Garrett Marino

• Sign In to post your comments