You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Beware: Almost similar duplicate 500 rupee notes in circulation. Look for all information and accept

When the new 2000 rupee and 500 rupee were introduced after the note ban, there was clear cut statement from the RBI and also assurance from the government that many features and color schemes of the new currencies cannot be copied or duplicated. But we are getting information from places that duplicate notes which are almost similar to the original one are in circulation. For example every thing is same except the Reserve Bank of India is written as Resurve Bank of India and that much minute details illiterates cannot identify. So beware.
    Here is the copy of such note in circulation to which public must give the attention.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Delete Attachment

OMG! Thank you for the information. I have two five hundred rupee notes. After reading your thread, I checked it and found the word RESERVE printed correctly. Is it a printing mistake of Reserve Bank of India currency printers? It could be possible. RBI should clarify this.

@ However, the culprits who print such fake currency notes should be brought to the public and hanged without any mercy.

No life without Sun

Thank you Mr. Mohan for the information. All of us have to be extra careful.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Mohan,
    Have you checked up the other side of the currency note? Does the word RESERVE appears correctly or as RUSERVE like the page you have displayed?

No life without Sun

But the question is - If someone is really intelligent enough & quite resourceful as well, to product & issue duplicate notes as it is, why would he make such an observable mistake?

At least, its noticeable to those who are literate.

"If you want to make real progress, you must give up all ideas of personal attainment".

I doubt, It is a copy paste activity to create fake currency note. Such errors cannot be made in words. I do not think, the fake currency maker would have typed the word RESERVE as RESURVE and circulated. I feel that it is not the fake currency note, but a true currency note with an error in typing by the currency printers of RBI.

@ Is there any official notification from RBI in this regard about circulation of such currency notes as a fake one?

No life without Sun

A person or an organisation which can copy and duplicate complicated issues can't do such mistakes which can be easily observed by the people. There may be some other mistakes also. Otherwise, some quantity of notes published by RBi itself may be having this mistake.
    We can't believe this. Did anyone seen this note in circulation or noticed somewhere on the social sites. So let us verify the facts. I request the author to clarify whether he has seen such note in circulation by himself.
    Anyhow it is a good caution. There is nothing impossible here in this world. There are people who can make it possible. So we should be careful and observe the notes properly before accepting the notes.

drrao
    always confident

This image came to a media and that is shared to me.
    K Mohan

I thank the author for sharing this information. Last year, there were few Whatsapp messages in circulation that mentioned the same mistake in spelling as given in this thread. After that there was no clarification from RBI and it is surfaced yet again. We get news of circulation of duplicate currency notes at times and it is our responsibility to properly verify the notes while accepting it from others.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

In this world of latest of technologies are available & with the latest of the computer software the copying contents & creating the duplicates is not impossible for even the layman but as 100% copying is not possible & therefore mistakes can also be identified with a minute observation. Although this information was in circulation since long but I thank the author for reminding of this again. Few times back I got few of the Rs. 10/- coins from a vendor, identified as fake as the structure were not balanced but because rest of the features were same & so not led to easy identification of it. The fact if the matter is that these being used in the bunch or during evening times doesn't facilitate us to do the proper investigation before accepting it. Hope so that the investigating agencies are active & sooner or later will get resolved.

Mohan at #646708, which is the media you are referring to? Please note that members have time and again been advised to verify the authenticity of such news that are spread through social media sites, including Whatsapp, before posting threads based on them in ISC. I don't think any sane minded individual or group would bring out fake notes with such glaring mistakes.
    'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. - Aristotle.

Mr. Mohan has done a great job by warning all Members of ISC about the fake notes in circulation. We must be alert. We must not discourage a very senior Member who is trying to alert other Members of ISC.

Whether the information is authentic or fake, we must be cautious of such notes.

Last month I was standing on the cash counter in a bank and one person came to deposit some cash. The bank clerk on the cash counter found one of the 500 note as fake and brought to the notice of the depositor.

These things indicate that there is some fake currency printing activity going on in our country and we should be very cautious of these fradulent people.

Knowledge is power.

As usual Saji will have no faith on my sharing. I thought of not sharing the photo but again editor would ask the authenticity. Now the photo is shared , he is asking which Media. My brother is the media agent for news services and he gets feed from across the country.
    K Mohan

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

It is not the question of faith or otherwise Mr Mohan and I am not discouraging you either as suggested by Partha. While your attempt to bring the possibility of being duped by such fake notes to the notice of our members is appreciated, I reiterate that any such information being circulated in social media need to be authenticated before being posted in ISC. Instead of feeling irritated when a query is raised regarding the genuineness of an information or the source (reliable) from where you had got it, it would be better if you include the same in the contents of your thread itself. If your brother is a media agent and is convinced that the news is genuine, I am surprised why the same has not yet been brought to the notice of the concerned authorities.

Members are requested to desist from trying to fish in muddy waters as and when an opportunity arises.

Please continue with the main thread.

'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. - Aristotle.

If this is a real case of fake currency, each and every bank would have placed this information on their notice board to warn the public. Has anyone visited a bank and seen such fake currency notes displayed for information to all? i strongly believe it could be the RBI's current printing department's mistake. I think RBI must be aware of this issue. They should publish a notification for the benefit of the public.

@ Anyway, we should be careful and check the currency notes whether it is original or fake, especially while drawing cash from bank ATMs. And bring it to the notice of the concerned banks, if such fake currency note with a spelling error is found.

No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments