You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Finally law-enforcing agencies crack the whip

After long last action has been initiated. Today, the Pune police have arrested four Maoist sympathisers, Varavara Rao, Vernon Gonsalves, Sudha Bharadwaj and Arun Ferreira, in a significant crackdown on the so-called 'Urban Naxals'. Another Maoist named Gautam Navlakha has been put under house arrest. All search warrants and detentions were carried out under anti-terror UAPA law and Sections 153A, 505(1)(b), 117, 120(b) and 34 of IPC. These Maoists were allegedly involved in Bhima-Koregaon violence at the beginning of the year in the name of Dalit rights. Earlier the Pune Police had arrested Pune police had arrested 5 people, namely, Surendra Gadling, Sudhir Dhawale, Rona Wilson, Shoma Sen, Mahesh Raut and Rana Jacob for this terrible violence.

The Maoists have been involved in many nefarious and anti-national activities (which I don't want to mention here) including plots of the assassination of political leaders.

They and their direct and indirect supporters must be sent behind the bar ASAP.
    Law and order should be in the hands of it's enforcing agencies. But unfortunately in India the political parties and others have an upper hand and the police will become simple spectators. But now police is able to make some breakthrough in taking action against these people who are always creating unrest in the society with their acts and deeds. These present actions may send warning signals to the similar people outside and restrain themselves in acting in unlawful deeds. The Maoists are very notorious for their anti social ways of deeds. They should be taught a lesson so that they will mend their ways.
    drrao
    always confident

I am very happy to note that the law enforcing agencies of Maharashtra finally cracked the whip and arrested the activists who are deemed to be associated with Bhima Koregaon violence in January this year. It was alleged that there was a plot to assassinate the Prime Minister also. Now that the action is initiated all the facts about the many nefarious and anti-national activities will come out.
    I hope this is not a witch hunt and the truth will prevail. I further hope they show the same interest in investigating the Sanathan Samsthan whose members are linked to the murder of Gauri Lankesh and others.

" Be Good and Do Good "

It's true that the Maoists create havoc and indulge in anti-national activities but at times the law enforcing agencies remain clueless about their hideouts and it takes quite sometime to make the arrests. Generally they hide in difficult terrains and play hide and seek with the police.

They have some sympathizers and there are allegations of political support to keep their activities going. We have heard that few Maoists do surrender and help the law enforcing agencies to nab the remaining ones. But many a times they give a slip and find new hideouts.

The destructive nature of the Maoists do not serve any purpose other than creating mayhem. They work against the national interest and must be brought to book to contain their harmful activities. Along with the law enforcing agencies, the judiciary should also work efficiently to speed up the trial process after their arrest.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Any element that disturbs the peace of our country in any way or some way must be cracked down and put behind the bars forever. They all must be in jail without any bail. The law of our country must be changed to deal with such criminal minded people of India, and also the rapists.

@ Our law enforcing authorities really deserve kudos for their act.

No life without Sun

#646759: Again an attempt to confuse people! A plot to assassinate the Prime Minister, conspiracy to start the civil war and a murder of a little-known journalist supporting Naxals (alleged to have been killed by the Naxals themselves) are not same.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Do not get confused by misplaced priorities. Do you mean to say that the murder of a little-known journalist does not merit any crackdown and thorough investigation by the law enforcing agencies? Do you feel the lives of the common people are so cheap that they do not need investigation? All are the same and to be investigated. Why not Sanathana Samsthan does not merit a thorough investigation as there were severe charges against it previously?
    " Be Good and Do Good "

"Do not get confused by misplaced priorities."--------The assassination attempt on the Prime Minister, conspiracy to start civil war in the country by "creating Kashmir-like situation" is misplaced priority!

Doesn't the State Government of Karnataka investigating the murder of a journalist for more than a year? It is going on.

Latest update: A three-judge bench of the Supreme Court will hear the matter pertaining to the arrest of the five activists in connection with the Bhima Koregaon protests at 3:45 pm today. These five people arrested yesterday knocked the door of the Supreme Court challenging their arrest/detention.

In all such cases, the only problem that cause a block in the police action against the accused is the human rights angle. If the process of registering a case with solid evidence can be proved in a court of law and if the process is transparent without any chance or even a hint of political vendetta , there should be no problem. I do hope all the homework was done and enough evidence is available with the police to prove the case against the accused persons.

The issue of plotting violence or creating trouble to the peace of the society is a very serious issue and the very strict action has to be action. There can be no second opinion on such an important issue.

I welcome the law enforcing agencies action on arresting Varavara Rao, Vernon Gonsalves, Sudha Bharadwaj and Arun Ferreira who were channelizing and working against the interest of the nation. Now on the court order they are going to be under house arrest and not the regular punishment.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Hold on! They have been accused of sedition and plot (not attempt) to assassinate our Prime Minister; the accusations are yet to be proved. With the top court of the country having taken note of the matter, can we wait before arriving at suitable conclusions from either side? I think that would be better.
    'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. - Aristotle.

deleted
    Don’t remember forgetting to remember anything

Even if we forget the regressive ideology of the Maoists for a second, the security experts have been time and again warning us about the unholy nexus including financial and arms dealings among maoist (small m) fundamentalists, jihadi fundamentalists and the liberal gangs (urban naxals). Some of these people were earlier arrested during the so-called tolerant UPA regime also. Some have been behind the bar (Kobad Gandy, Prof. Saibaba, etc.). The contents of their personal laptops, etc. are very crucial.

Let us be very very careful about these rootless people. We must be conscious of the objectives, strategy and gameplan.

• Sign In to post your comments