You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What if you are alone on this planet?

Imagine a situation - One fine morning when you woke up, you realized that you are the only person existing on this planet, entire human race has vaporized, leaving everything as it is.

What will you do now? (Condition - you have already done everything possible to verify this).
    Wow what a thought and experience that would be. First of all since there is no person and no one, then absolutely there is no competition for what so ever , so the life can be slow and relaxed. There wont be fear factor as everything would be available in plenty. No traffic jam, no public chaos, no quarrels, no stiff fights. The Sun would come and go, the seasons would be changing. But I cannot live long. As I have the habit to meet friends and well wishers. What is the life without family members, friends, well wishers. So I will be living for while and attempt suicide as there is no meaning to live further alone.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

This question was asked earlier. Nobody can remain alone in this vast planet. He/She will also die within a month or so. If the person doesn't die naturally, he/she would try to commit suicide.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

It is a common science fantasy theme to imagine a human being alone in Earth or any other supposedly habitable planet.

It is a horrifying and challenging proportion to imagine like that. Still, there is nothing wrong in fantasizing.

The first and foremost thing to look for is basic amenities like water, food, shelter, electricity, soil condition for crop etc. Even if these are there who will maintain them and till when they will last is an important question.

Generally after such imaginary holocaust, Earth will not be a habitable place and how one single person could remain there is also a surprise.

Anyway struggle for survival is the main strength of human race and even a single person will strive for it.

Knowledge is power.

Simply, I will be a God of this planet. I will sit on a penance to get the blessings of the lord who created that planet. I am sure to be a God, and I will have BS (Before Sun) & AS (After Sun) added to the years.
    No life without Sun

But why would he or she try to commit suicide?

When one is completely alone, he or she, for the first time, will realize what total freedom is. He or she, for the first time, will realize that he or she no longer have any Name, Caste, Creed, Culture, Status, no sense of right & wrong, no rules to follow or break, no questions about ethics, nothing to lose & nothing to achieve.

He / she will lose all sense of future & therefore past will also lose all its importance. He or she, for the first time, will realize what it means to live in the present.

If one decides to commit suicide that simply means that one cannot live with oneself. That proves that we need people for our survival; to verify our existence; to feel alive & yet we complain too much when we are here (together).

"If you want to make real progress, you must give up all ideas of personal attainment".

Hi, It is not the crowd around us that make us feel that we are so many. It is just the fluctuations in mind that created that crowd. Even if tomorrow I see no human being around me that doesn't feel or make me alone. If we realize that its not me who want to win the race but ego (one of the billions state of mind) who want that win. The one who watch his mind (its various states) is already alone.

Regards
    Kamal

Oh. I am alone. I can be the way I want. All the houses. All the comforts and everything is at my disposal. So for sometime I will enjoy. Then I will start praying the God to see that my wife will comeback and meet me. I have a strong confidence on the God and definitely he will see that my request is fulfilled. Then we will become two. We will try to go together and live together till he calls us back.
    The earth will become pure. No pollution. No competition. Plenty of money.Everything at our disposal. But don't know what to do. Eating and praying the God. This will become routine.

drrao
    always confident

Man is a social animal. His existence depends upon the presence of others. When he would come to know that there is nobody in this world except himself, he will lose all mental stability. He will try to commit suicide.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Being a social animal we all are habitual of living in close co-ordination with one another but in the case that we find ourselves alone with no contact & no communications we may find this all delighting but after a little longer this whole would be turning out to be unworthy & not desired of. Being united we are capable of doing big jobs but being an individual we are weak & destined for nothing in the lastly. Suppose that you have landed in a far of location in an island devoid of anything which you are habitual of, the same can work for some time but as the time moves ahead we will be liable to face the problems but unable to solve it. Suppose that if your hair grows or you left out of the proper food & fire. What about if would have to talk to your self all alone? Imagining being alone could make us happiest one in the whole of universe but on ground reality this whole proved out to be curse on us.

• Sign In to post your comments