You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you still believe that BJP is not lying on Rafael deal?

Today's major news is Ex -France president Mr.Francois gave a clarification that BJP government suggested Mr.Anil Ambani's Reliance company as service group for 36 jet Rafel deal. Previously BJP told that they have any in hand instituting Reliance company for this deal. Mr. Francois reiterarated that he stands on this statement without any hesitation. So what the BJP government is arguing for long time is a lie and what Congress is fighting on this issue has a truth in it. This is the reason why Mr.Modi's government is not responding to this particular issue either in Parliament and media.
    Generally, foreigners don't tell serious lie. I am sure, what the French president, none but a president of a powerful nation in the world said might be correct.

@Time will tell us what is the fact and who is a liar.

No life without Sun

I have my own thoughts on this. May be the BJP government might have suggested some names in which Ambani's may be one. But we need not think of corruption by this suggestion. Anyhow we don't the truth. Only time has to bring out the truth.
    drrao
    always confident

Why we should believe the statement of former President of France and why the Indian opposition and other parties are not given credence to the statement of present French President on Rafale deal. And for any big deal if the government is not having a special purpose vehicle to carry on the deal, it has to create one. And in that context Reliance must have been involved as the special purpose vehicle partner for the government. Mind it this deal was purely between the governments and no middle men were involved unlike Bofors and other scams we have seen in Congress governments.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

First thing first. The Rafale aircraft are very much necessary and important for Indian Air Force to maintain strategic balance in South Asia. The last three Air Chiefs, viz., ACM NAK Browne (Retd.), ACM Arup Raha (Retd.) and current ACM BS Dhanoa have stated this in unequivocal terms.

The previous Government committed a criminal offence by dilly-dallying acquisition of Rafale aircraft during its tenure of ten years. Many IAF pilots and planes suffered accidents during this ten years.

Now the Modi-haters are trying their best to further delay the acquisition of Rafale aircraft with armaments, missiles and other electronic gadgets for the sake of opposing Modi. This is, according to me, an anti-national act.

In my next response, I would deal with the pricing issue.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Mr Francois Hollande was the President of France at the time the Rafael deal was finalised. His statement is to be believed. It is for the NDA Government to come clean in this matter. It neither comes out with any satisfactory explanation nor accepts a JPC on this issue. Everyone knows that the Anil Ambani group is a failure. How such an important deal was given to a group of proven dismal performance unless there was some help from interested persons? I want to question the supporters of this deal to answer the points raised.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

One side Ambhani and one side Adhani in between our pradhani (prime minister) this is a known fact to all of us. What is the great news in this?
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

By the way Bhushan I liked your dig with a rhyming sentence that seems to be the reality in evil mongers eyes. Nevertheless dirty lines of Congress is also washed to the core.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

First Bofors and now this. Due to corruption of these Governments the strength of Indian armed forces is in shambles right now.
    The few good things that the present BJP Government was holding on to like no corruption in their rule are falling apart too. A party with a moral standard would have resigned by now but that is not present in either of the both major parties.
    However, if questioning this day light robbery makes you an anti-national, then I am proud to be called one.

The French Government on Friday night clarified that they were not involved in the choice of Indian industrial partners. The French Government said their role was just to ensure the delivery and quality of the aircraft. The exact statement: "The French Government is in no manner involved in the choice of Indian industrial partners who have been, are being, or will be selected by French companies,"

At the same time, the Dassault Aviation said, "This offsets contract is delivered in compliance with the Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP) 2016 regulations. In this framework, and in accordance with the policy of Make in India, Dassault Aviation has decided to make a partnership with India's Reliance Group. This is Dassault Aviation's choice."

I think we can ignore the previous statement of Mr. Francois Hollande, the ex-President of France, who has since retracted his earlier statement.

Yesterday BJP Spoke person on TV news said that Dassult selected reliance and everyone know what Prime minister modi told in parliament that It was Both government decision. First they need to decide who selected whom. Now Anil ambani led New company Reliance defense will take the technology of rafale and i think he is not going to any social service. He will sell those aircraft to India.
    But HAL who was making aircraft from ages was rejected and Anil Ambani will make 5th generation aircraft directly he has not even built two wheeler. Every one knows that he is not successful businessman.
    All this is the game of money. Looks like someone will be benefited indirectly.

Reliance registered its name just 15 days before this deal as an aviation company indicates how the deal benefited to Reliance group where global experts like HAL and BHEL were rejected to come into the deal by Indian government. Francois clearly reiterating Indian government only suggested Reliance group as offline partner and for them no option to obey.

"Francois clearly reiterating Indian government only suggested Reliance group as offline partner and for them no option to obey."--------------No option to obey! Then why is the Indian Government blamed?

Who is lying in the Rafael deal? I want to quote Mr Subrahmanya Swamy again. Dr Subrahmanya Swamy, Parliament member from BJP in April 2015 termed the Rafael deal as a corrupt one and threatened to go to court if the government goes ahead with the deal. He kept mum for reasons best known to him and did not file the PIL which he threatened to do. The deal was finalised by Prime Minister Modi personally without following the protocol of getting the cabinet approval. The Defense Minister was also kept in dark.

There is another serious allegation of huge scam directly against the Prime Minister by Mr Kutumba Rao, Vice-Chairman of Andhra Pradesh State Planning Board. The scam is related to Essar Oil and Rosneft Company of Russia. Mr Kutumba Rao said that all the details along with evidence would be submitted to the Central Vigilance Commission and Prime Minister's Office (PMO) in a phased manner and the PMO would have to give a reply. He made this allegation publicly and on the TV Channels also. This government is not scam proof as believed by the innocent supporters of the BJP. All the facts will come out in due course of time. At the end of the day, we, the people of India, are the ultimate sufferers of the misdeeds of our political leaders.

" Be Good and Do Good "

I won't believe the Indian Government. I won't believe the French Government. I won't believe the statement of the world-famous French company associated with the manufacturing of Rafale aircraft.

I will only believe what the certified Modi-haters order me to believe, isn't it?

Do not get agitated. No one is forcing you to believe what they say. It is up to you to believe what you feel is correct after going through all the arguments put forward by the others. You have to form your well-informed opinion in a scientific manner without any prejudice. Do not lose your cool like the BJP leaders who are making irrelevant statements and arguments.

I forgot to mention one thing which Mr Subrahmanya Swamy said. He said that no one in the world is buying the Rafale planes and in the past countries which signed a MoU to procure the aircraft have scrapped the deal. He further added that if the government wanted to please France, then it should have bought the company, which is any way running into losses.

" Be Good and Do Good "

As far as the need of Indian Air Force is concerned, I believe more on Air Chiefs Browne, Raha and Dhanoa than Subramaniyam Swami. I have more faith in the statements of Government of India and Government of France (which I already quoted verbatim) than the statement of an ex-President of France.

I am not at all agitated. Those who are agitated are raising threads without understanding the issues.

The problem here is not the Rafael deal. It is all about the cost and the preference given to Anil Ambani's firm over the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited. I know pretty well that Mr Subrahmanya Swamy is believed selectively as per the convenience.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Global purchase tenders are high value projects and a lot of procedure, examination, technical scruitny etc is carried out in their finalization.

Different wings of the purchase committee or organisation are involved in these complex processes and only after a consensus, orders are placed.

Audit departments and other regulatory bodies have a keen eye on these transactions as high value purchases are a matter of great search area for their examinations and enquiry if so wanted by any entity.

In such matters errors can always creep in and if complaints are there, a lot of complications start to surface out.

It is also very difficult even for investigating agencies to establish whether there was a malafide intention of the purchasing authority in the entire deal.

As a common person, it is difficult to speculate as what would have actually happened, during the deal and negotiations, if any.

Knowledge is power.

Allegations and counter-allegations will not going to solve any purpose. It is the job of the opposition during election times to look for issues to nail the government and there is no difference in this case too.

I leave it to every individual whether to believe in former French president Hollande's statement or not, but hope all of you are aware that the former president is also facing allegations of crony-capitalism about this defense deal in his own country.

One thing is very clear from the deal and that is there is less transparency in the whole process. Nobody is clearing the doubts raised by the opposition parties and the Indian Government, the French Government and the OEM, Dassault Aviation is not issuing any new statements.

Just by some allegations we cannot conclude that corruption has taken place in the deal and only time will tell the truth. If it's really a corruption then it will not be hidden for long and will gradually unfold. Till then let's not jump into conclusions.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

I have already stated that Mr. Hollande has since retracted his previous statement. Further, the Government of France and Dassault Aviation have issued separate statements which contradict the previous statement of Mr. Hollande.

Further, just now, I have come to know that HAL was out of contention for this defence programme during the UPA regime. The Congress President is blissfully unaware of this fact, or he doesn't have time to understand/comprehend this complex issue.

• Sign In to post your comments