You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

Wizard and Super Contributor awards for the month of August '18- Winners!

We are now announcing the Wizard and Super Contributor awards for the month of August '18. These awards are presented in recognition of exceptional contributions made by members in a particular section during the period specified.

It may be quite discouraging to note that we could not place anyone for the Wizard award for the Article section. Eligible contributors for being considered for the Super Contributor awards also could not be traced.

Holding on to the hope that members will take note of the unexpected lull and will increase their participation and activity in the different sections, the announcement is made as below-

Wizards-
    Forum
    Sankalan Bhattacharya

Ask Experts
    ABSivakumar

Jobs
    Nidhi

The Wizards will get a cash reward of Rs 250/- each.

Friends, please join me in congratulating the winners!
    My best wishes and congrats to all the above members who won their respective wizard award for their dedicated contribution in that respective section. Keep sustain with performance.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Congrats to all the winners for these monthly prestigious awards.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Best wishes and congratulations to the winners of the wizard awards.
    Mr.Saji. you have mentioned that
    Eligible contributors for being considered for the Super Contributor awards also could not be traced.

I'm not looking for an award. I have been topping the AE section for nearly 4 months. If you look at my scores in AE, it is
    Month - Questions - Points
    September 37 - 186
    August 50 -327
    July 60 - 421
    June 60- 376

What is it that goes into considering a super contributor award?

Natarajan,

The Super Contributor awards are only for Photos and for Info Updates (schools, colleges, My India section - any or all of these). It is the Wizard awards which are given for articles, jobs, forum and Ask Expert sections. Once in a while, we have also given a Wizard award for reviews. Please refer: Ongoing Awards and Rewards in IndiaStudyChannel.com.

Further, we would once again like to reiterate that points are totally irrelevant. It is the quality that matters.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Mr. Natarajan: There is no doubt that your answers are excellent and this fact can be easily understood from the points credit and cash credit received by your answers. Indeed, you are at the top position in Ask Expert section months after months.

However, from my association with this site for last 3 years and 3 days, I have found that no Member gets Wizard/Super Contributor award in a particular section consecutively. I think you received Wizard award in Ask Expert section either in June, 2018 or in July, 2018. So, your name is missing from the Wizards list for August, 2018.

This is my personal interpretation.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Partha,

Natarajan's query is not related to the Wizard award but the Super Contributor award, which is entirely different and not related to the AE section at all.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Thanks Vandana Ji, for the clarifications. Now, I'm aware that super contributor is not for the AE section. I mentioned the points, only because it is AE section wherein, the points reflect the quality of the contribution. If it was forum etc, I wouldn't have mentioned.

Mr.Partha:Good to hear from you. Thanks for the kind words.

Well done and congratulations to all the winners for their awards.

Every month these awards are announced by ISC and we are eagerly waiting for the same.

So keep going on contributing in different sections and all the best.

Knowledge is power.

I thank the LE and the editorial team for choosing me as one the awardees and my congratulations to all the other winners of the Wizard award in the respective sections. I wish all of you very best and hope you will continue to keep up the momentum to win more awards.

I also thank all the members for your wish. It's because of your patient reading and valuable as well as thoughtful response that helped me to move on.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

My hearty congratulations to Sankalan Bhattacharya, ABSivakumar and Nidhi for winning the wizards awards for Forum, Ask Experts and Jobs section respectively. I wish the winners to get more awards like this in future.
    Regards
    Rizwan

"It may be quite discouraging to note that we could not place anyone for the Wizard award for the Article section."

#649140 – "Further, we would once again like to reiterate that points are totally irrelevant. It is the quality that matters."

The brusque and callous messages above convey that the quality of contributions, in the article section, among others, is not good enough for consideration for the Wizard Award. The members who contribute in the article section do not seem to add any value to the website, with their writings, or so it appears.

Quality! Well, well!

Congratulations winners. Well done.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak." -Michael Garrett Marino

Juana,

We have never stated or implied that members who submit articles are not adding value to the site. My reference to quality was in answer to the fact that Natarajan was listing the points he acquired in the AE section. May I please remind you that you often emphasize that words should not be taken out of context.

Now I would like to please request you not to take this thread off-track any further by a needless dissection of statements made in the announcement. Let's just cheer the winners!

Congratulations to Mr. Sankalan Bhattacharya for winning the wizard award for making unmatchable contributions in Forum section. I also congratulate ABSivakumar and Nidhi for winning the same award in Ask Expert and Jobs section respectively.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

My heartiest congrats to all the Super Contributor Award winners. Well done. Keep it up.
    No life without Sun

Congratulations to all the winners - Mr.Sankalan Bhattacharya, A.B.Sivkumar and Nidhi - for having won the awards in respective sections. Please continue your contributions which will help everybody to gain additional knowledge.
    tmsankaran

Hearty congratulations to wizard award winners - Mr.Sankalan Bhattacharya for forum section, A.B.Sivkumar for ask expert section and Nidhi for jobs section.
    Regards,
    Ramya

The cash rewards and points to the winners have been credited.
    'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. - Aristotle.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.