You must Sign In to post a response.
The most creative captions supported by logical reasons will be rewarded suitably.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What caption would you give to this Snap?- Win prizes!

This is a very random snap that I took today. But when I had a look at this, it reminded me of something, maybe not every but at least most of the girl goes through this thought at least once when they are about to complete their schooling.

When you look at this snap, what comes to your mind?

Attaching the pic, this picture is taken from my camera.

20180925_121023

Update-

This is what came to my mind:

"Choosing between education and marriage right after your schooling"
    My caption would be : Life is always not same

Why because the bangle has been viewed by me as the tyre of a vehicle and that tyre is nothing but our life. If we have sad moment today, it may change tomorrow. Moreover the pen has been shown as slope, so the change would be eminent for sure shortly. And if you take other way, the wheel or the bangle has been going on the gradient, which is nothing but trying times, and soon good days are ahead.

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Wow, Mr. Mohan, that was sure a different angle to view it.

My caption:

"Have to choose both-why to differentiate?"

[Explanation: Pen signifies mental development and intellectual progress. Marriage is for physical needs and emotional support. We can't ignore any of these two.]

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Should a bangle represent marriage only? What came to my mind was the thought that a person (whether male or female) glancing at the three objects - bangle, pen, notebook/diary - would think of a career ahead. Perhaps the thought would be on various options, with the finger tapping away, like -
    A jewellery designer
    A designer of creative accessories
    Start a store selling such types of bangles, bracelets, neck pieces, etc
    Start a venture to teach others to make such designs
    Become a freelance writer
    Become a journalist
    - ideas and thoughts of the above being jotted down on the pages of the notebook/diary.

Update on 27th since the thread has been updated with the suggestion to give a caption - "What to be? The eternal career conundrum after academics."

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Your thoughts are thought-provoking. This sounds like a very interesting exercise. But I'm afraid better responses were already given and I have hardly anything new to add.
    Anyways I will try.
    "Its a bangle, not a shackle".
    Seeing how you can still hold a pen while touching the bangle, you provide a strong inspiration for housewives who think their individuality ends after getting married. Hence such caption. It is also inspired from the upcoming movie Sui Dhaaga where Anushka strives to support herself and her family by upholding a skill.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Vandana has brilliantly shown her creativity and experience here showing how lateral thinking can be put in exercises like these.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

A nice piece of thread asking for our imagination.

I will add :
    'To choose one - career or housewife?'

At that juncture a question rises in the mind of the girl that what is going to be her future. What should she choose?

Though it is not fully in her hands but she can always work hard to achieve her dreams.

Knowledge is power.

My caption would be : " Educating girl after marriage". This happen s in our society that we don't allow a girl to study further after marriage which should not be the case. Everyone has the right to get educated. We can't do that with the girls, they are not meant for household works only.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

A very creative idea even for clinking a picture.
    My caption:- "Balance between work life and personal life"

For me, it is the symbolic presentation of the balance between house and work life for a feminine character. As the pen changes its position, the bangle will move simultaneously. A lady should be an expert to balance between both her professional life and her personal life to lead a happy life.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Pursuing higher education and standing on your own feet is preferable to getting married and being tied down in husband's house.

The one perception which I had some imagination of has already been added by the author herself. The other perception could be of some interest wherein the bangle could be related to the age old traditions consisting of old belief system full of biased with the woman being considered as the not so important entity for the decision making but on the other hand is supposed to follow to the rules & regulations made by the section of ours in the male dominant society. The "pen", on the other hand can be said to have represented the advanced education system which will bring a huge changes to this kind of beliefs by bringing revolution out of it & therefore bringing justices to all layers of this society with open thinking with equal rights for all.

My caption is " Life is beautiful while you follows rules and have plans"

While I saw this picture I have different thoughts. It is a ruled note and so we only write on the line only not like plain note we not write anywhere. Ruled note which have rules.

Cap opened pen is ready for writing and waiting for opportunity.

While I saw your bangle which have shadows you just remember your old days. Shadows which shows the past life and the bangle is the present life.

At last I saw your finger and you hold and controlled all of them. So my other caption is "Power of women"

Rather than signifying various things, I am keeping the pen a pen, the bangle a bangle, the finger tip a tip and the paper a paper. Now with the finger tip on the bangle and by keeping a firm grip on the pen and paper my caption is:

"It takes the tip to make a grip"

With your finger tip only you are making a very tight grip to hold the other two.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Wow Sankalan, I was really impressed with your captive caption which needs to be ponder over. And I would further appreciate if a small write up on the caption be appended here.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

My caption for this picture will be " The Womanpower"

Bangle represents the woman and the sharp edge of the pen can be considered as an aim/target/ambition coming out from the woman.

Regards
    Rizwan

"My caption - "Easy Roll over the Straight Forever"

Here the Pen represents the Husband, and the Bangle represent the Wife. A wife should be very adjustable (like the movements of the circle) and go according to her husband who is steady like a pen. The diary represents the days of life on earth.

No life without Sun

My caption for the picture would be,

"Woman empowerment & the role of modern education in today's society"

My title is short and sweet – 'Shh!'

The author was categorical in stating the thoughts that cross the minds of most girls as they are about to complete their school education. The majority of our girls live in small towns, districts and villages etc. The voices of the majority of our girls are shushed – they have no say, in what happens in their life. And this image depicts that stark reality.

The shadow in the image resembles the Venus symbol – the symbol of the female gender. What's ironic about the symbol is that it is a shadow. Just the way the majority of girls are. They spend their lives in the shadows of the men in their lives. The image depicts the story of the girls in our society.

The bangle represents the girls.
    The pen represents their dreams and aspirations.
    The finger over the bangle and the pen signifies muzzling of the girls and the killing of their dreams. It symbolises our society that silences the girls, clips their wings and asks them to live in the shadows.
    The writing pad represents the way society glorifies men. It reads - "Think man minutes, not man months". It's a representation of how everything revolves around men.

The image screams Shh!

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak." -Michael Garrett Marino

Is the competition still open? No further response, no announcement of award(s) either.

This is not a competition as such. Rewards for good captions has been announced in recognition of the creativity of the author.
    'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. - Aristotle.

Saji, has the result been announced or yet to be announced. If announced then where can we see the results of the same.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Lead Editor Saji (#649445)
    What, Where & When the rewards for good captions has been announced in recognition of the creativity of the author. Are you sure? Please lead us to the results through a link.

No life without Sun

Everyone,

Please see the top of the thread above the heading, where it is clearly announced: "The most creative captions supported by logical reasons will be rewarded suitably." That means cc will be given later. Since we keep threads open for at least ten days, we could wait till then to allow other members to submit an entry and then only give the reward. Do be patient.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Vandana,
    We all have patience, but what is the meaning of Lead Editor Saji's response - "Rewards for good captions has been announced in recognition of the creativity of the author." ? What is your explanation to this LE's statement?

No life without Sun

Vandana Mam,
    The recent forum responses are seeking clarification from Lead Editor Saji as it is mentioned that the rewards have been announced in #649445. There seems to be some confusion here as you are asking members to be patient and wait for the results whereas LE Saji says that the results are already announced.

Regards
    Rizwan

Ok, got it! I understand the confusion of the members, with them thinking that the rewards were already given. I think by 'announced' Saji was pointing to/indicating the statement at the top of the thread.

ME Vandana,
    Really, you are siding your own editor who has posted a wrong message. Will the concerned editor Saji explain as to what he really meant by his response?

No life without Sun

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

Sun,
    Read the Special Text on top of this thread and then the query by Partha at #649425 and then my response at#649445.

The text at the top says that 'The most creative captions supported by logical reasons will be rewarded suitably'. The query by Partha whether the competition was still open was raised since there were neither further responses nor was any awards announced. It was in response to that query that I said that this was not a competition as such and the rewards for good captions were announced in recognition of the creativity by the author.

Hope you will agree that the special text at the top is an announcement and if all the three references are read together, there isn't any chance for confusion.

However, after going through all the responses on the issue, I think I should have made myself clearer (?) by adding a sentence or two to my response to Partha. It is actually the result of my calculation going wrong.

Sun, you don't have to be so concerned about editors siding each other because no one (no one) can actually justify a wrong and no one will try to make a goat a dog. Editors, afterall, are members like you and are not school going kids.

I have now explained my position to satisfy your lingering doubt. In case you are still not clear, please raise a separate thread (not required if you would be repeating the same points again) giving your version in detail with reference to the queries and responses here. I will try to explain further if need be. This thread has already been derailed; let us not add to it further.

Members are requested to please stick to the main thread.

'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. - Aristotle.

Saji,
    How can I/we agree to the grammar mistake you committed in that sentence. The sentence clearly reads - "rewards for good captions were announced in recognition of the creativity by the author." You used the word 'were announced 'incorrectly. It should have been 'will be announced'. The top special text line also reads -The most creative captions supported by logical reasons will be rewarded suitably. There is no connection or misunderstanding between the top text and partha's text. Why are you sticking to the words supported by ME? She sided your writing. A mistake has been committed by you. Accept it, and forget it. I feel, no need to raise a separate thread to clear this issue.

No life without Sun

Sun, when no other announcement has been made, it is (to be) understood that I am referring to the special text above. It would have been different had the top text stated that rewards will be announced.; it simply says that good captions will be suitably rewarded. Don't you think that is an announcement? I don't think any further clarification is required. Please read this with my response at #649518.

Please note that I won't be responding to further queries on this issue in this thread.

My Caption is " Bangles can't stop learning".
    In many places in our country even at this developed times also there is a feeling that ladies can't be equivalent to men and they have to sit in the house with bangles to their hands. In many villages, I see girls who are in their teens are asked to help their mothers and not allowed to go to schools. I feel this trend should change. Even in remote areas of the country, the girls should understand their rights and they should never think that bangles on the hand will not allow them to learn. They should fight for their rights and go for higher learning and jobs. That is their birthright.
    The parents should also treat the sons and the daughters equally. There should not be a discrimination. The concept should spread everywhere and anywhere and girls should also become equal with boys and forward.

drrao
    always confident

With due apologies for the delay, the rewards as announced has been credited to all the participants. I would like to register my special appreciation to Juana for that exceptionally creative and meaningful caption 'Shh'.

This thread is being locked now.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.