You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Now Sabarimala Ayyappa temple is open to women also.

Honorable Supreme Court have come out with a historical judgment allowing women of all age to visit and worship Lord Ayyappa of Sabarimala. Out of the five member bench of the highest court of the country declared this decision with only one of the five judges giving a judgement differently.
    Till now the temple entry was denied to women aged between ten to fifty years. This was based on a belief that Lord Ayyappa is a bachelor consistently. This belief was there since from the very beginning of the temple, hundreds of years back. This Ayyappa temple is in the midst of a thick forest, and one has no other means of journey other by walk. About a hundred km one had to walk earlier. Perhaps it might have been the reason for denying the worship by women devotees. Now vehicles can go very close to the premises and the practical issue has been solved. Now the highest Court has cleared the age limit barrier.
    It is a 4-1 judgment. The only lady judge on the bench has given a vehemently dissenting ruling in which she basically accepted the contention/argument of 'ready to wait' group.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

I expressed my dismay on this order from the supreme courts in the social media also. What the Shastra and Veda tells us must be followed. The Dewesom is not at all happy with this development and they are going to re- appeal the case. And those who had been to Sabarimala , there is 18 step steep high which has to be crossed having Irumudi in the head and most of the devotees get tired by coming to that particular place, they are literally pulled to the top and then sent to the Sannidhanam. Now who shall pull those women who are going to visit the temple ?
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

A dangerous trend being set by the court by allowing all females irrespective of their age and stage to visit the holy shrine Sabari Hills. I would say that it is against the will of the bachelor Lord Sri Ayyappa. God won't speak but act. Earlier, I said that it was the fury of the Lord that the state had experienced in the recent past. Let us wait and watch what happens in the future.
    No life without Sun

Time and again non Hindus are meddling with the sentiments and the following of our strict customs and traditions visa vis temple issues, and the courts are also not taking care the majority sentiments. When we are in democracy where the majority plays the role in every issue, then why the courts are not taking the same. Be it Ram Mandir issue of Ayodhya and now Sabarimala the sentiments of the people is at peril. And the way the courts are giving judgement against the sentiments really hurts the Hindus who are solemnly observing the rules of visiting Ayyappa temple with utmost faith.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments