You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Ghost-tourism is becoming popular in Delhi

People have a natural attraction to ghost stories and paranormal incidents. Many tourism companies in Delhi are encashing this natural attraction of people. Some companies have started ghost tourism in Delhi. These packages mainly cover Khooni Jheel at northern Ridge, Bhuli Bhatiyari Ka Mahal, Jamali Kamali Masjid, Feroz Shah Kotla Fort, Chor Minar, Nicholson Cemetery and Khooni Darwaza. All these places have some gory history associated with them. The tour operators take people to these places at night and at midnight. Even the Delhi Government's Tourism Department is promoting haunted tours.

I have visited some of these places and have already written about them. Unfortunately, I didn't have any such experience (except the shrieking sound of some lady co-travelers when they saw vultures or bats). But I never took part in such a package tour.

I am planning to take part in one such package tour at midnight. I am also planning to write some articles on these lesser-known historical spots, subject to the approval of the Editors.
    Partha, I am also from Delhi but I have never heard of such tours being arranged by the people here.

I have always been curious to read about ghosts. I always watch horrer movies and serials and never scared of ghosts as I don't believe on them.

Can you give me some more information about such tour agency so that I may also feel or watch ghosts if they exist.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

All the places you mentioned are haunted? Is there any danger to visit there? Can we take kids in the tour as my kids too like ghost stories.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

These places are stated to be haunted. I have already mentioned that I didn't have any such experience. But it may not be advisable to take ladies and children at night because of the possibility of presence of anti-social elements. Form a group of males and you may visit these places.

Duplicate.
    Sanjeev

Very strange that some tour companies have found out such an novel idea.

People are generally curious about haunted places and ghost stories but they will be afraid to go to such places alone or even in a smaller group.

So these tour operators will definitely get some people interested to go there in a bigger group.

This will be a new business opportunity for the tour operators.

Knowledge is power.

Triplicate.
    Sanjeev

Ghost -Tourism, the term itself catching and having the interest to visit all those places mentioned by the author not with guided tour but alone and see what is really happening there. Normally the old buildings and palaces which are not being habituated with people for long time, evil spirits take shelter there during the nights. And bats, cultures are example for such ghost living places which give hype to such a situation. But unless and until one sees the real evil spirits moving, one cannot belief. Nevertheless this thread would induce the people in Delhi and nearby places to have a look.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I am astonished to find that one of my responses has been deleted. In that response, I only answered the query raised by another Member.

Great going! Now, they would advise me to be patient and abide by the decisions of the editorial board, bowing my head without any murmur of protest.

I know that a same response repeated would come as duplicate but I just witnessed triplicate. It was funny for some reason. I never saw any practical use of this word until now.
    Coming to your thread, I won't think I would call it Ghost-tourism. Tourism always involved mysterious and fun places, right? We have some paranormal places here too, in Hyderabad. But these places are not patronized for tourism. Maybe citizens of Delhi and some foreign tourists have nerves of steel. But most of the above mentioned "haunted" places in Delhi have already been debunked so I really doubt the business is going to go well.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Quite interesting to know about the Ghost-tour in the capital city Delhi. Probably, there are ghosts who have their hands in this thread to have the duplicate and triplicate messages, and also deletion of responses.

Ghost will be seen only by an individual due to fear in loneliness, not by a group. Hence, there won't be a problem for the tourists to visit these haunted places during midnight in a group.

No life without Sun

I never heard about this Ghost tourism. It is a new issue for me. During my childhood, I used to hear many stories in which these Ghosts are involved. When I was 10 years old my uncle(Father's Brother) who gone for a movie 2nd show came back at 2 PM with a heavy shivering and high fever. This fever took almost 10 days to come down. He was telling that he had seen a ghost on the way and the ghost got on to his bicycle and it became very heavy for him to paddle the cycle. He got frightened and after travelling for some time the ghost went off and the cycle became normal for him. I never experienced any such incident so far and I never know how far they are true. I will wait for the author's visit and an article on his visit to get educated further in this subject.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments