You must Sign In to post a response.
Always wanted to teach in front of students in a classroom? Here's your chance - imagine yourself to be a school teacher or a college Professor. Select a subject topic, write on it and submit by 12th October - you could just win a cash prize!
  • Category: Reward Programs

Classroom Lecture contest - Deliver a lecture, win a prize!

It is time to bring out the teacher in you. We are conducting a creative writing contest as a tribute to the teaching profession. This is a chance to pay a tribute to your favorite teacher.

Rules:
    1: You have to write a classroom lecture in English on any school or college subject or topic (example- History lesson on the Taj Mahal, a Maths algebra lesson, a Chemistry lesson on growing crystals, an English lesson explaining a poem, a Management lesson on the impact of tourism or hospitality management, etc.) It should be presented in a way that would hold the interest of students in the classroom.

2. Please give the topic or subject to which you are referring to before you start the thread.

3. The minimum number of words would be applicable as to the normal forum threads. Give a suitable title to your lecture, including the words "Classroom Lecture" in the title. The title will not be included in the word count.

4: Submit the lecture in the Competition Entry of the forum. Then give a link to it in a response to this thread.

Instructions:

Please give a clickable link to this announcement thread at the end of your entry. You can, if you so wish, mention the name of the teacher to whom you wish to dedicate this lecture. This could be mentioned at the end of the lecture. This will not be included in the word count.

Last date to submit entries: 12th October. Any entry after this date will be considered invalid.

Prizes- (susceptible to change).
    Two first prizes: 200cc.
    One second prize: 100cc.
    One third prize: 75 cc.

The prizes will depend on the number of entries. Needless to say that what you write should give the feeling of a class lecture with all the possibilities in between.
    I am now outside Delhi. After returning to Delhi, I will submit my entry, i.e., my lecture on an interesting topic on History. The topic is: Riverine naval force to protect Taj Mahal.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

This is the entry from my side
    Good Hospitality influences sustained tourism

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

This is a lecture on astronomy from my side:
    Astronomy class lecture with phil plait

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

I am planning to write on "Maths algebra" as maths being my favourite subject.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

I am planning to write on Transfer of technology- the process. This is will explain how one can transfer the technology developed by him to other organisations. The link is given below.
    A classroom lecture on Transfer of Technology.

drrao
    always confident

Duplicate response
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

I will be writing on - Understanding Electrical Resistance.
    Knowledge is power.

I have submitted my entry at -

Understanding Electrical Resistance

Knowledge is power.

I have posted my entry as -
    Lecture on 'Mental disorders' for undergraduate students

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

I have posted my entry as - structure of an Atom

Here is my entry

Classroom lecture about basics of Maths algebra

Sanjeev

Dear editor every time I hyperlink my forum here the link doesn't open. Please help.
    Sanjeev

Pl. find my submission in the below link,

Classroom lecture on "brand culture".

'Classroom lectures importance of morality in students' is my entry

Editors, please correct my link as I am not able to correct it being a new member here.
    Sanjeev

My entry for the contest:-

A history lecture on the riverine security force for Taj Mahal

I wish to submit a class room lecture on Statistical variable, which so far is not seen here. I have a limitation; I cannot give a clickable link.
    T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

Here is my entry madam
    Impact of tourism industry on our society

Hello, I am posting the Classroom Lecture contest entry on
    Power of Consistency

Regards
    Iti Tyagi
    "Soar to Success"

Hi, all those who wish to understand how to create a hyperlink in forums, Please refer to this informative link on this website itself. How to create hyperlink to other pages
    Regards
    Iti Tyagi
    "Soar to Success"

#650209: This response is not appropriate to this thread. The editors or any member could have mailed the link to the interested members.

Partha,

Iti Tyagi's response is very much relevant as she is trying to help the members who are having problems with providing the clickable link. In earlier contest threads, too, we have provided the link to the Help topic as guidance.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Sanjeev Gupta and T.M. Sankaran, please refer to the Help topic to which Iti Tyagi has given a link. It explains how to put the HTML tags to provide the link. If at all you still have a problem, then you could at least provide the URL of your thread so that it will be considered as an entry for the contest. Do try to learn, though, since that is the very basis of our site.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Below is hyperlink of my topic

Classroom lecture about basics of Maths algebra

Sanjeev

Still could not do it I am copying the url

My entry

Sanjeev

Here is my entry for the contest:
    Classroom Lecture on Lamarckism.

Honesty is the best policy.

My entry for the contest
    Classroom Lecture on India Study Channel

@ Hope there is no maximum word limit for this contest.

No life without Sun

Interested to deliver a lecture on the Importance of Spoken English

A Classroom Lecture on the Importance of Spoken English

shampasaid

This is my lecture on the greatrocket science
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Here is my entry to the contest

A classroom lecture on different forms of pollution

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.