You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Actors

Today is Rekha's 64th birthday.

Happy birthday, Rekhaji. She has done many good films in which she is remembered for her roles. I like her roles in " Umrao Jan" and "Khoobsoorat" very much. Few other films like " Basera, Silsila, Mr Natwarlal, Suhaag" are few other films in which her acting was appreciated.

Rekha was a very bubbly girl in the film Khoobsoorat whereas in her real life she looks very alone in life. Here are the few quotes which prove that she is a beauty with brain, I have read them on news today:

# She was dark and had typical South Indian features due to which people used to call her ugly as she was not that much beautiful compared to other heroines of that time. But she was determined and wanted to do something big in the industry and she did.

# She says she never cared for success and lived her life as she wanted to.

# She says she can't do anything if her marriages did not last long. What's the use of stretching unsuccessful relations that's the reason she didn't marry after failed marriages.

# Loneliness is still apart, but being alone is not necessarily being lonely.

# Mumbai is like a jungle when she came here people tried to take advantage of her.

She is always remembered for her beauty and her acting skills. Whenever someone takes the name of greatest heroines of Bolly Wood Rekha's name is always included in the list.

Happy birthday, Rekhaji.
    No doubt, Rekha is an ugly black south Indian but a beautiful actress of Bollywood to love. Though black by birth, she is loved by the whites. She is the daughter of South India's famous cine Hero Gemini Ganesan (Kaadal Mannan -Love King) and Puspavalli a Telugu actress. Pulikku piranthathu Poonaiahumaa( Will a tiger give birth to a cat). She is a great actress, and even at this old age of 64, she is very charming, looks beautiful and wonderful.

@ Happy birthday to Rekha.

No life without Sun

This thread 'pains' me! How can I say that my favourite actress has already spent 64 springs in this beautiful earth? To me, she is always an 18-something sweet & sour girl acting opposite Rakesh Roshan in the film 'Khoobsurat' directed by Hrishi-da.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Yes she is daughter of famous South Indian actor Gemini Ganeshan. Though she is South Indian still she is good in Hindi and speaks it well. She was ugly but in films she looks pretty. She looks so beautiful as chandani in the film Silsila.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

It is not believable that Rekha is 64 years now. Still, I remember her movies I saw during my education in Vizag. My best wishes to her and I wish her many many happy returns of the day.
    drrao
    always confident

While we celebrate and congratulate Ms. Rekha on her 64th birthday, should we not know who is she and how she looks like? Many youngsters may not know who is Rekha. Hence I am placing her image here. (Photo Courtesy youtube)
    No life without Sun

Delete Attachment

Dil khush ho gaya! Thanks, Mr. SuN for uploading Bhanurekha's image.

Celebrity birthdays are always a matter of interest and thrill for us as it reminds us about their movies which we liked and enjoyed so much.

The Bollywood celebrities are the most talked people in social media and the large number of fans communicating and chatting in their sites are a testimony to their popularity among the fans and movie goers.

It is good to remember these famous people on their birthdays just to rekindle the old memories of student life when a picture having our favourite star was not missed by us.

So long live the actress Rekhaji and happy b'day.

Knowledge is power.

"# She was dark and had typical South Indian features due to which people used to call her ugly"

Racism at peak. Typical ugly mindset. Anyone can write anything in social media, but no need to copy and paste it in ISC

Thanks,
    Suresh.

It doesn't matter if she was dark or fair, if she is from North India or South, infact if she was from North Eastern part. She is a beautiful actress, who embraced many tragedies and still continues to entertain us. Her movies and her songs are still played by many. A living legend, who has a trademark voice. Not only be her face, but she can be recognized from her voice in many movies.
    I wish she live for thousand years.

Regards
    Iti Tyagi
    "Soar to Success"

#650406 Suresh, This is what she said that people used to tell her.

Why should not it be written on ISC, any problem.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Time just passes & by the time we acknowledge this a whole of era has already passed bringing up with many emotional aspects of the journey called life. I always had a believe that the celebrities use to have a dream life but beneath it we find loneliness all the way. The same has been the case with her too but she still being remembered as one of the finest of actors of all time. Wish her best of luck for rest of her life.

Happy birthday to one of the most beautiful and talented actresses of all times! She has faced criticism on many counts but she was as bold as she was beautiful and that is why she is still loved and respected by so many people across the country.
    'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it'. - Aristotle.

And today is the birthday of Amitabh Bachchan. How many of us have watched Rekha-Amitabh starrers Silsila and Mr. Natwarlal?

Happy birthday to this gorgeous lady, I am a huge fan of her not only me but my whole family loves her and praise for her dedication and love that she has given to the Indian society through her acting and glamor, I hope and pray that she continues to dominate in this bollywood industry forever.
    live happily in every situation of life

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.