You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Remove E from ego and go on.

One can have confidence but not ego. Confidence is very healthy. But ego is never healthy. It will spoil our progress.
    Many say "Too much ego will kill our talent".
    One should not allow ego to lead us. It may lead us in the wrong direction. Finally, it may ruin us.
    Ego spoils a person in many ways. It may spoil our prospectus in the career. It may make us alone in our life. Ego will make us more stressed and we will become very critical. It will make us greedy and may take us away from happiness.
    So forget 'E' in EGO and go on with enthusiasm for progress.
    An excellent and useful thread. Ego is a barrier to the individual progress. Only if we delete the 'e', we can go forward, i.e., we can progress.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

I had a huge ego a few years back and I used to dream about getting successful, to show off my success to people, who left me in the time of misery and hardship. I wanted to satisfy my ego, as it was me who used to feel let down. Slowly and steadily I realized that it was harming me. I was the one who was remembering my past, recalling bad incidents and making a happy productive day, a bad one. I must have focussed on my work, on my job, but all I was doing was ignoring the actual goal in life. My purpose should have been to be happy and be in a position, so that if someone needs help, I can be there for them.
    I had no guide, no friend for couple of years. I was my only judge, and then I decided its time to let go this Ego. After all I love myself too much, and I know I am lucky.

Regards
    Iti Tyagi
    "Soar to Success"

A thought provoking thread. Everyone has got some amount of ego. It is an inherent trait in us. Some people have it more while some have it minimal.

Ego is not a healthy thing. It makes a person unnecessarily proud and shrewd. One has to shed ones ego if life is to be made cordial and happy.

Knowledge is power.

Ego indeed harms. Those who suffer from ego are self-obsessed beings. They are always in a hurry to compete with others just to prove their own supremacy but if they fail to get success then with a hurt ego, their life becomes miserable. They become irrational and manipulator which destroys their career and as individuals, they start to lead an unhealthy life.

It is very rightly said by the author of this thread that one should forego the 'e' from ego and then 'go' on with enthusiasm for progress. Thus, go ahead and try for whatever one wants to achieve but there should not be ego attached to it. Self-analysis is important to be successful but ego is a pampered self which does not allow a person to see one's weakness. It is a devastating quality.

shampasaid

Ego in people is harmful for them as well as for others. Egoistic people never think that they are not only harming others by not listening to others but also harming themself.

Its not easy for them to control it as such people never change. They tend to show this behaviour anywhere and anytime.

People who possess such behaviour always remain frustrated as they always are in disagreement with others for anything for almost for no reason. Whereas the people who always remain calm always lead a good life as they are liked by the people.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.