You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Remembering in different portals.

Have you ever come across surprisingly our members in different portals others ISC groups. I have such occasions I would really want to share here.

While reading news portals online I always love to read the comments sections fully. While reading a regional(Tamil) online news portal when news on Naval/army, I just thought of a member and surprisingly I could really see a comment from him as he has given his full name though he has shortened(SUN) in ISC. This has happened long before.

About 2 to 3 months back while reading a national online news portal article on a person from Kolkatta and residing in Delhi, immediately I remember a member of same kind who used to share that he is residing in Delhi from Kolkatta. Surprising in the comment section, I could see his comment with a slight change in name but we could easily say he is the same member as his previous Id was in full form and now he has shortened(Partha) in ISC.

Do you have any such interesting remembrance?
    I do not concentrate my mind to search any ISCian somewhere else. I don't think about, and I have no time for it. At times I get into some portal and post my comments with my real name. I am SuN, only at ISC for the ISCian.
    @Happy to see Sarohja after a long break.

No life without Sun

Welcome back, Sarojha-ji!

Although I am not very active on Facebook, I am present there using a different name (pen-name). I have found that many Editors and members of ISC are present on Facebook.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

It's quite interesting to find a known person somewhere in the web or at any party when it is least expected. In case of meeting the known person in the party, there is a chance to have a nice conversation. But, finding someone present in other portals do not have the option to start a conversation, though it would be interesting in the sense that you will not feel lonely in that new portal. Generally, I do not look for ISC members in different portals, but if I find any resemblance in the name or the display pictures then I recheck the details to make it sure.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

@Partha it is not facebook, I have mentioned that it is national news portal online.

Thank you @Sun and @Bhattacharya.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

I read many online newspapers and magazines and furnish my comments on various issues (politics, sports, international relations, defence & strategic matters, history, culture, etc.). So, other members may occasionally find me elsewhere.

But most of the ISC members are very devoted to this site.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

• Sign In to post your comments